You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Flower of Scotland/ Burns Day

Nunavut Patrick

What sauce/gravy do people have with their haggis? I love haggis but with just neeps and tatties it can feel a bit short of something to ease it down

Whisky sauce, chippy sauce or a wee bit of gravy depending on what I'm eating it with (whisky sauce with neeps & tatties).

Can it be bought in supermarkets?

Aye, up here you can get it but it's shite compared with the stuff you get in the chippy.

If you're ever in the Scottish Borders, Lothians, Fife or up around Dundee & Aberdeen & you find yourself in a chippy, ask for salt & sauce on your supper.

Aye, up here you can get it but it's shite compared with the stuff you get in the chippy.

If you're ever in the Scottish Borders, Lothians, Fife or up around Dundee & Aberdeen & you find yourself in a chippy, ask for salt & sauce on your supper.

Don't be daft! They'll be asking him first.

Tony, ignore, Mook, its mingin

If you're ever in the Scottish Borders, Lothians, Fife or up around Dundee & Aberdeen & you find yourself in a chippy, ask for salt & sauce on your supper.

I was once refused service in a chippy in Aberdeen. Walked in, waited patiently to be served, tried placing my order, was asked to leave.

• Upvote 1

Nope.

And no mushy peas either. Heathens

If you're looking for mushy peas & don't like chippy sauce I would suggest a Circus freak show is a more appropriate venue than a chip shop.

And yes, Tony, you can get curry sauce in the chippy up here.

Scottish chippies are shit.

This is not a discussion they just are.

Fuck off Mars Bars. Get you head around rice would be a start.

First weekend I moved in with my future wife I was busy so we went to the chippy for tea.

I asked for Chicken Fried Riced and a portion of chips and a portion of curry.

Got looked at like I was from Mars.

Get To fuck this not a Chinky this is a chipper was the reply.

'Ah I see you do Pizza (you smart arsed cunt) Scottish Chipper my arse. Ill have a Margarita thanks.

'Certainly' he says as at 25p Tessco pizza gets lobbed in the deep fat fryer with the chips.

Scottish chippies are shit.

This is not a discussion they just are.

Fuck off Mars Bars. Get you head around rice would be a start.

First weekend I moved in with my future wife I was busy so we went to the chippy for tea.

I asked for Chicken Fried Riced and a portion of chips and a portion of curry.

Got looked at like I was from Mars.

Get To fuck this not a Chinky this is a chipper was the reply.

'Ah I see you do Pizza (you smart arsed cunt) Scottish Chipper my arse. Ill have a Margarita thanks.

'Certainly' he says as at 25p Tessco pizza gets lobbed in the deep fat fryer with the chips.

They just are.

And they only sell 2 kinds of fish...fish or special fish; special meaning your 'fish' comes in breadcrumbs and not batter. And that's it