You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Flower of Scotland/ Burns Day

Nunavut Patrick

I'm fucking sick of the Independence debate, it's still all you hear up here and has been completely hijacked by morons who are more interested in calling each other daft names than what's best for Scotland.

Flower of Scotland is an awful dirge and wants replaced with Caledonia by Dougie McLean.

And haggis is the business, I would have it for tea most nights if I had my way, on a pizza, on a burger, with neeps and tatties, in pakora, it's magic.

I don't give a fuck if oil is 27 USD$ we should of gone for it.

Spoken as a fifth generation half Scot removes from Bonnie Scotland.

going to scarf me some haggis Monday and single malt as well.

FRREEEDEEEDDDDDDDOMMMMMMMMM!

Pat, you're talking pish but I'm with you on the haggis 

I don't give a fuck if oil is 27 USD$ we should of gone for it.

Spoken as a fifth generation half Scot removes from Bonnie Scotland.

going to scarf me some haggis Monday and single malt as well.

FRREEEDEEEDDDDDDDOMMMMMMMMM!

Head to the Tilted Kilt laddie. Some nice neeps and tatties to be found there.

• Upvote 1

I'm fucking sick of the Independence debate, it's still all you hear up here and has been completely hijacked by morons who are more interested in calling each other daft names than what's best for Scotland. Flower of Scotland is an awful dirge and wants replaced with Caledonia by Dougie McLean.And haggis is the business, I would have it for tea most nights if I had my way, on a pizza, on a burger, with neeps and tatties, in pakora, it's magic.

Flower of Scotland is a million times better than that arse kissing upper class shite used in England. It might not be the best but its far from the worst.

I didn't say it was the worst, have you heard Brazil's?

I think Flower of Scotland is a nice enough folk song but it's a bit embarrassing having a national anthem about a battle with the English army when there's plenty of positive things we could just be singing about Scotland instead.

God Save the Queen isn't even the English National Anthem, it's British & yes, it's a load of shite.

I didn't say it was the worst, have you heard Brazil's?

I think Flower of Scotland is a nice enough folk song but it's a bit embarrassing having a national anthem about a battle with the English army when there's plenty of positive things we could just be singing about Scotland instead.

God Save the Queen isn't even the English National Anthem, it's British & yes, it's a load of shite.

Is Uruguay's not pretty weird too?

Flower of Scotland is grim on every level. It was only written about 30 years ago so there's no excuse for the only words anyone knows being about some battle with the Unglish as Mook says. Kind of flies in the face of this all inclusive Scotland we keep hearing about.

And as for the British national anthem, it is just plain embarrassing and wrong that our national song is not about a land and its people but about protecting an outdated, over-priveleged monarchy.

We've had this conversation before but in Eurovision style, on tune alone, my votes would go to the Soviet Union, Italy, France and South Africa