You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lego

Elite

I know someone who is majorly into collecting Lego and they are next level with this shit. There was a set last year that made it all the way to production but got withdrawn because it was a real world military aircraft and that goes against Lego's ethos. However a handful actually made it through to retailers in this country. It was a £100 toy on the shelf but it was selling for as much as £700 on eBay because it was so limited. They drove all around the country picking up sets from stores in different cities and I think they managed to get half a dozen in the end.

One of my presents this year is the Saturn V rocket. I prefer technic models but I’ve always wanted to build this.

I’m part of the bubble with my daughter’s family and after school for my granddaughter. So we started the build yesterday, and hopefully will have it completed before lockdown ends.

She loves Lego and I’ve bought her loads of the stuff, a great investment as she’s a real help on this one. 

52 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

There's a few sites you can get the big sets from 3rd party sellers in China for a fraction of the cost I hear. 

My Mrs bought me that massive millennium Falcon from the China sites. So frustrating to build as some of the parts don’t line up properly. It’s half built and back in the loft. Might dig it out and finish it off now we’re all under house arrest. But first, I’ll be doing this with the grandson...

43E46DDB-C18C-4802-B9AB-CBC44A8B85AF.jpeg

BF79C5B2-451A-4E51-B0E1-5808EBEDC152.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Couldn't be arsed with blag Lego. Shite and pointless.

Got the Lego 1989 Batmobile, the NES and TV, the remake of the old Black Seas Barracuda that came from Ideas and Boba Fett's Slave I to build. Have the X-Wing, Raiders of the Lost Ark's Well of the Souls, Lego Ideas Central Perk and some smaller stuff built. It's where to put it is the problem. It's great though, really therapeutic.

My nephew is Lego-mad so I've built loads for him, which isn't as therapeutic as he's impatient as fuck.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Got the Lego 1989 Batmobile, the NES and TV, the remake of the old Black Seas Barracuda that came from Ideas and Boba Fett's Slave I to build. Have the X-Wing, Raiders of the Lost Ark's Well of the Souls, Lego Ideas Central Perk and some smaller stuff built. It's where to put it is the problem. It's great though, really therapeutic.

My nephew is Lego-mad so I've built loads for him, which isn't as therapeutic as he's impatient as fuck.

I got a few bits of the blag during lockdown one and thought it was great. 

Got the small falcon, wall-ee, the old fishing store and lots of Moana stuff. It's flawless and without the tiny printed Lego on the blocks indistinguishable from the real brand. I also like the MOC buildings these companies have made as they're branching out from Lego cloning now.

There's also brands who do specific military builds, which Lego don't touch, tanks etc which are awesome to build.  

21 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I got a few bits of the blag during lockdown one and thought it was great. 

Got the small falcon, wall-ee, the old fishing store and lots of Moana stuff. It's flawless and without the tiny printed Lego on the blocks indistinguishable from the real brand. I also like the MOC buildings these companies have made as they're branching out from Lego cloning now.

There's also brands who do specific military builds, which Lego don't touch, tanks etc which are awesome to build.  

Each to their own, mate. Blag Lego is not for me though.

30 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

I like Lego but it wasn’t my favourite toy as a kid. I’ve always lacked patience and am easily frustrated. I bought a Lego Millenium Falcon about five years ago but ended up returning it for a refund, as it was sitting in the box, unopened. Personally, I wouldn’t buy the blag stuff, as I’m 

far too picky, but I can see why people do. The genuine product can be very expensive and not everyone has loads of disposable income.

• 5 months later...
11 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Thought about taking the kids to Legoland this weekend as we’re in that part of the world.

£39.99 entry! 

Where’ve they plucked that mad figure from I don’t know.

Par for the course for all those places nowadays. It’s worth going to buy a box or two of Kellogg’s cereal bars from a supermarket with ‘Adults Go Free’ vouchers on the side. If you’re going as a family with more than one kid, just split up* right outside the turnstiles. They won’t say anything. 

I’m sure you know that anyway, living in that London. I’ve always used them for the attractions down there. 

*I don’t mean get divorced. You can meet up once you’re inside. Or not. It’s up to you. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Par for the course for all those places nowadays. It’s worth going to buy a box or two of Kellogg’s cereal bars from a supermarket with ‘Adults Go Free’ vouchers on the side. If you’re going as a family with more than one kid, just split right outside the turnstiles. They won’t say anything. 

I’m sure you know that anyway, living in that London. I’ve always used them for the attractions down there. 

Don’t remember it being that expensive.

The giant aquarium is £20 which made me balk, but £40 to look at some plastic shit?

Is that really worth twice the price of looking at depressed dolphins and shit? 

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Don’t remember it being that expensive.

The giant aquarium is £20 which made me balk, but £40 to look at some plastic shit?

Is that really worth twice the price of looking at depressed dolphins and shit? 

Pretty sure it’s a theme park, you massive divvy. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Ah, that makes sense…

Rip off Dutch cunts.

Danish.

That aside, Legoland is great and definitely a full day out.

Entertainment is expensive but if you compare the entry fee to going to a game, for instance, it’s actually pretty good value. It’s not for every day, unless you live locally and have bought one of their passes, but for when your kids are younger it’s a really good, varied day out

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Champ said:

Danish.

That aside, Legoland is great and definitely a full day out.

Entertainment is expensive but if you compare the entry fee to going to a game, for instance, it’s actually pretty good value. It’s not for every day, unless you live locally and have bought one of their passes, but for when your kids are younger it’s a really good, varied day out

Cheers, C.

I always assumed it was just Lego buildings and crap like that, I’m still kinda new to this stuff, they’re two and four.

Their grandparents live a ten minute drive away so it’s perfect.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Legoland is like Alton Towers, Domino's Pizza and The Daily Telegraph; nobody ever pays full price for it. There's always a 2-for-1 entry offer on somewhere.

I always insist they throw a copy of the Telegraph away in front of my eyes if I get one free in Smiths, only place for it.