You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lego

Elite

My daughter is Five and has recently started getting those Lego Castles/princess type sets. They are quite difficult especially for a 5 year old so I have built most of them with her help but I really enjoy it. Wouldn't mind doing so big warship or something more adult based. We any Lego fans on here?

In the same boat. So far put together a Frozen castle and the Rapunzel one too. Think I had the more enjoyable time as I'm not sure how kids are meant to play with it once finished. They are like display models for your 80s cabinet or sideboard.

I did have my eye on the Lego Architecture set but its near £200 and all white which I find a bit racist.

Got given a Lego Snow Speeder in the Secret Santa thing, I think because I have taken part in Star Wars conversation leading up to the new film coming out. What they didn't know was that getting Lego for Christmas was a much bigger nostalgia rush for me, shaking the box, hearing that clatter, putting it together (over the course of a couple of conference calls in this case). Ace. Huge part of my childhood.

Lego based on other intellectual properties can, generally, get to fuck though. Pirates or Robin Hood or get out.

Probably got about 20 of this fucker:

Captain_Red_Beard_with_Skull.jpg

In the same boat. So far put together a Frozen castle and the Rapunzel one too. Think I had the more enjoyable time as I'm not sure how kids are meant to play with it once finished. They are like display models for your 80s cabinet or sideboard.

I did have my eye on the Lego Architecture set but its near £200 and all white which I find a bit racist.

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

I have huge boxes and tubs of it in the loft from when the kids were young.  I'm keeping it as a present to myself when the Alzheimer's kicks in.

Ah, but how will you remember you put it up there, then?

Ditto. We have boxes and boxes of the stuff in the loft, that includes some stuff from when I was a kid. The sets were fine but as others have said after having painstakingly made them it was difficult to break them up again. The best fun was making your own things

• 4 years later...