You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mancs (Home) Sunday 17th Jan 14:05

njackets

We could still bring in players now instead of waiting until the summer to do all our business, we are desperately crying out to strengthen the squad in certain areas. This summer we have the Euro's, players are going to cost more. We may as well try to bring in a few now, they don't have to be expensive signings either, if our owners think this season is done and we should build for next season then they are more useless than I give them credit for. 

That is on whether FSG will pay upfront. Klopp may have underestimated how crap some of these players are and wasnt looking to sign anyone.

• Upvote 1

That's not fair, most of them put in shift. Without goalscorers the whole thing goes to shit,

Benteke was a very poor signing even by our standards

That's true, we lacked a goal scorer out there today but not one of that midfield is Liverpool quality. Who was putting themselves about? Who was driving us forward? Jordan Henderson shouldn't ever be a Liverpool captain. I sure he's a nice lad and all that but he shouldn't be leading us in the middle of the park. Lucas was our best midfielder and that's some damning indictment considering he shouldn't have been starting for us for years.

I'm sick of watching us getting bullied, even if we put in the effort, we lack bollocks.

Keep Can and carry on.

Play him behind the stiker(s) and make him Kapitan.

The German Stevie. He is wasted playing in front of the defence.

He plays with a surge of power, something most of these cunts do not have.

Bin Henderson Lallana Milner  Allen (even though he is moderately improved and Sturridge.

Fucking ghosts all over the pitch.

• Upvote 1

Rodgers bought this shower but he cannot take the blame for them being a pile of utter shithouses. Huge clearout needed again. I would genuinely only keep a handful of players.

Needed are a keeper, 2 centre halves, left back, 2 midfielders, an attacking mid and a striker.

Glad I was too ill to attend. Sorry I even watched it.

i couldnt care less if he sold every one of them

Guest Pistonbroke

I agree, but to be fair we don't know what FSG have said to him about buying players in this window so with all the injuries he may be reluctant to fuck many off

And how the fuck are we going to get even half what we paid for the likes of Lallana and Benteke.

I'd rather he had a massive clearout now and had the likes of Teixeira, Smith, Ojo, etc in the squad until the summer. They can't offer any less than some of these mings.

I reckon if we put useless cunts like Benteke and Lallana in the window we'd still get 30 mill for both off some daft clubs. That would give Klopp a chance of bringing in three players who'd be a whole lot better. 

We're worse upfront now then when Owen and Fowler were fucked and we were forced to rely on Reidle.

Benteke should have been fucked off this window.  His signing alone has easily cost us top four.  Clear as a day that a decent forward would have us above this lot and quite a few points better off.

I don't think our lack of strikers is our man problem, I think it's our midfield. Henderson and Lalkana are both shite. If we are prepared to accept that Henderson is at the level required then we have nothing down for us except me table mediocrity.

• Upvote 2

It really isn't rocket science.

A team that doesn't play actual centre forwards won't win many football matches.

Nah. More a team that doesnt score doesnt win.

Bit of a pisser,well, a lot actually.

Created the chances but couldnt take them. De Gea made two competent saves in the second half. We went to sleep for the corner and when the ball came back off the bar,should have reacted far quicker than we did. old wiggy was in acres of space on his own for the knock in.

Sell lallana and benteke as a minimum.

That's true, we lacked a goal scorer out there today but not one of that midfield is Liverpool quality. Who was putting themselves about? Who was driving us forward? Jordan Henderson shouldn't ever be a Liverpool captain. I sure he's a nice lad and all that but he shouldn't be leading us in the middle of the park. Lucas was our best midfielder and that's some damning indictment considering he shouldn't have been starting for us for years.

I'm sick of watching us getting bullied, even if we put in the effort, we lack bollocks.

Nailed.

We won't be selling anyone this window. There are too many injuries. But Klopp said yesterday or the day before that we may be in the market for a striker. I think this performance will convince him to buy one. 

We simply can't continue playing a false nine. Any team who decide to play defensively against us will find it incredibly easy and it's clear Benteke isn't a good option either. 

I'm fucking sick of "writing this season off" at the December/Jan point most years.

There are x16 games and 48 points in the league to play for. Plus the cups.

But, no, let's just drift.

It's obvious it can't be fixed immediately but just a fucking goal scorer would go a very very long way, even if its only for the short term.

I thought the defence did well up until the end. We know we have defensive issues that haven't been solved for over 3 years. We know we need a new goalkeeper. That's apparent every weekend. We've spent so so so much money on our attacking players over the last few years, (roughly £70M on Lallana, Benteke and Firmino, for example) and It's so disappointing to see us stumble and fall so often in the final third, when the likes of Newcastle put 3 past De Gea). Today was one of those days when you could see we weren't going to score. Is the quality of our attacking players the problem that we need to address now? 

We won't be selling anyone this window. There are too many injuries. But Klopp said yesterday or the day before that we may be in the market for a striker. I think this performance will convince him to buy one.

We simply can't continue playing a false nine. Any team who decide to play defensively against us will find it incredibly easy and it's clear Benteke isn't a good option either.

Yup.

The midfielders created enough for decent strikers to work with. Utd beat us with a lot less 

good possession because Rooney converted their one decent chance. We have to work twice as hard as the opposition to get anything out of games because we have nothing up front . 

• Upvote 1

One is left with the distinct impression that Henderson is completely unable to visualize scoring a fucking goal.

He's a shithouse always has and will be.  Liverpool FC Captain just let that sink in.  It was ridiculous the day it was handed to him let alone now.

• Upvote 1

I'm fucking sick of "writing this season off" at the December/Jan point most years.

There are x16 games and 48 points in the league to play for. Plus the cups.

But, no, let's just drift.

It's obvious it can't be fixed immediately but just a fucking goal scorer would go a very very long way, even if its only for the short term.

Yup.