You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers Speaks!

an tha

No, you weren't. That team could have easily got it but they also could have conceded three which they did. History is being re-written here.

Not really. I actually agree with you the team could have scored six but as u said, they probably would have conceded 4.

There is a reason our goal difference was behind City's. We were'nt very good at defending

I was laughing more at the idea he wanted to stay at any point in that season. He'd done a 2 page spread in the press the previous summer begging to leave. There was never a more obvious thing than it was a "give us one more season and we'll give you £300k a week for that season" scenario. If we'd won the league nothing would have changed and he'd have been demanding out that summer.

Groningen were a stepping stone to a much bigger club, Ajax. Ajax were a stepping stone to a superior league and an even bigger club, Liverpool. Liverpool were a stepping stone to his dream club, Barcelona. That's football. Arsed.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, Lizzie, but given the ridiculous number of times we struck the opposition woodwork under Kenny, and the fact he didn't have the benefit of Sturridge or Sterling hitting form - and he still delivered a trophy - I'm not having any unfavourable comparison with Rodgers.

I'm also not having Rodgers coming out in the glare of the press under pressure. He was a publicity hound who couldn't wait to get in front of an audience and talk shite. People just stopped giving him a pass when his flowing football dried up and it was clear he didn't know how to replicate it, because it became clear he didn't truly know how he got there in the first place

City, Chelsea and United jobs will all be available in the summer. And he won't get a sniff of any of them. That tells you what you need to know.

• Upvote 2

Mate, I'm not comparing them unfavourably. Kenny's job with us was massively underrated, two cup finals and winning one, only man now to win all 3 domestic competitions as player and manager, and fully agree with the poor luck that season...the wheels only came off after the unfortunate Arsenal defeat which killed off top four.

The point I was making wasn't that he was superior to Kenny, at all, I'm not going to the other nth degree here. I just think being fair is exactly that. If it's all just in spite of Rodgers being this completely naive clown because we had Suarez, Kenny had him too.

Plenty of managers would have folded under the pressure in that situation, in my opinion. He's not going to get another top class club, he almost certainly isn't up to it, but he performed well as a leader in that position that season.

Fair do's to those who disagree, just my opinion on it. I think the dislike of him has grown to an extent where nothing positive he's done or even where maybe one of his idiosyncrasies worked in our favour for a time can be pointed out without a redressing of the balance being stated over and again.

There's no question he's not up to being our manager overall and we have a vastly superior option in charge now, in my mind.

• Upvote 3

Not really. I actually agree with you the team could have scored six but as u said, they probably would have conceded 4.

There is a reason our goal difference was behind City's. We were'nt very good at defending

There was a reason why we were in that position though. Because we fucked off defending and tried to score goals. 

There was a reason why we were in that position though. Because we fucked off defending and tried to score goals. 

You would with Luis Suarez in your team. Does'nt make you a great side. Rodgers deserves credit for that season, but we will see how much credit he gets by the size of the job oppurtunites he gets.

Anything that Klopp does now IMO is down to Rodgers having a wee sit down and setting him right on what life would be like for him in the Prem.

It's not the only time he's gone above and beyond for us. Don't forget he did the same for Gerrard. He was in the wilderness and Brendan bought him back. He loves LFC and this is his way of letting us know we'll always be in his heart.

• Upvote 2

He went round brendans for a brew, but rodgers didnt have any cups haha he had a Can but he had left it at right wing back. Had to use a plastic spoon as no silverware available.

Thats right its called an arielator,

Should of said wooden spoon likely doubly kicking myself as its also problee the first sign of the onset of dementia but the alzeimers will kick up well before, diseases caused by the mod like cjd bovine tb shovelled by a jcb teehee.

Anything that Klopp does now IMO is down to Rodgers having a wee sit down and setting him right on what life would be like for him in the Prem.

It's not the only time he's gone above and beyond for us. Don't forget he did the same for Gerrard. He was in the wilderness and Brendan bought him back. He loves LFC and this is his way of letting us know we'll always be in his heart.

We'll always be in his heart, but we're in his wallet more.