You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) 13 Jan 2016

smilezzz

Really enjoyable game, loved watching that. A draw is a good result in the end but considering Arsenal's goals, I think we should be disappointed we didn't win.

I thought our defending was shaky but Mignolet was much more at fault. The guy is a fucking wreck. He is a genuine air head. There is nothing going on in his skull, its a bit fascinating actually. I'm starting to wonder if I should even be criticizing him as it's very possible that it's not his fault and that he has some sort of disorder.  

Before he got injured I thought he was playing well. He was getting tackles in and stepping out with the ball, and, crucially, he was picking a forward pass. 

Hopefully he can get back to that level sharpish. 

I completely agree he was poor tonight, and some of the passing was very poor. 

I think he gets over optimistic with his passing, trying a difficult one that gets us into trouble when it goes wrong, instead of a much simpler option. That's why his missed passes stand out so much. Shouldn't be difficult to cut out of his game to get him to stick with the safer passes.

Am I the only one who thinks Mignolet isn't at fault for either goal? How can he legislate against our defenders literally doing the opposite thing that they're supposed to do. That corner should have been stopped before it got to mignolet, criminal to let it run across the face of goal.

He's certainly not at fault for the goal from the corner. Shite defending.

The near post goal was a very good finish. The best keepers in the world have let in goals at their near post however Ming will get slated because he's having so many shockers this season. Toure also should have done better.

our aspirations maybe amount to draw at home to Arsenal (when Southampton thumped them 4-0) but it sure as hell feels like being cuckolded- ooh arent we lucky. maybe some people will weigh up all the equations and write lovely prose and fit into that category nicely. i won't. hopefully Klopp won't either

fuck off bellend,how's that prose for you. 

He's certainly not at fault for the goal from the corner. Shite defending.

The near post goal was a very good finish. The best keepers in the world have let in goals at their near post however Ming will get slated because he's having so many shockers this season. Toure also should have done better.

Sakho was at fault for the second goal.

Really pleased with a win against Stoke and draw against Arsenal considering our GK and defence are shite.

I think there would be an immediate improvement in the defence with a good GK behind them more than vice versa.

Our set up from corners looks awful too as at least one post should be marked,the back one in my opinion and the front covered by somebody trying to clear from a bit in front of it.

I'm still banging the drum that if we'd had an injury-free back four, we'd have won that about 4 or 5 nil. Our attacking and pressing was sublime almost on par with when we played City. 

We gifted them two completely avoidable equalisers and I don't think you can underestimate how that mentally damages a team especially when both goals were completely brilliant. You could instantly see how every set piece or counter attack (as we let off pressing) become an instant lottery for Arsenal, we gave Ozil large amounts of space and eventually, they got the third from it. 

After that first goal, with a solid back four, we'd have been too much for them. 2-0 and that's G/O for Arsenal, they'd break as bad as the 5-1 game. 

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp defended under-fire goalkeeper Simon Mignolet after his latest uncertain display in the draw with Arsenal at Anfield.

Mignolet struggled as the Reds twice conceded the lead in a thrilling 3-3 draw with the Premier League leaders.

"For the second goal he needs help from all the players," said Klopp in reference to Mignolet scrambling as Olivier Giroud scored from a corner.

The Belgium goalkeeper, 27, is set to sign a new five-year contract.

Read the match reportRelive a pulsating game at AnfieldFootball Daily podcast: Does anyone want to win the league?

Mignolet, who joined the Reds from Sunderland in a £9m deal in June 2013, was also beaten at his near post by Aaron Ramsey for Arsenal's first equaliser.

Klopp, who has consistently backed Mignolet, added: "On the second goal, on a perfect day he can make a save but there were a lot of mistakes before.

"We have to defend this better."

Liverpool's goalkeeping weaknesses have been exposed by errors from Mignolet's deputy Adam Bogdan in the 3-0 defeat at Watford and the 2-2 FA Cup draw at Exeter.

That has prompted Klopp to recall 22-year-old Welshman Danny Ward, a substitute on Wednesday, from a successful loan spell at Aberdeen.

Klopp's keeper options

Simon Mignolet has kept seven Premier League clean sheets this season.

Bogdan was left out of the 18 against Arsenal.

Second-choice Adam Bogdan conceded straight from a corner against League Two Exeter City in the FA Cup last week.

Danny Ward, 22, appeared on the bench against the Gunners after returning from a loan at Aberdeen.

Liverpool snatched a deserved draw with Arsenal thanks to Joe Allen's late equaliser.

Roberto Firmino twice gave Liverpool the lead in a breathless first half, the second a spectacular 20-yard drive, but Arsenal levelled through Ramsey and Giroud.

Olivier Giroud's second-half strike - his 18th goal of the season - looked to have put the Gunners on course for a crucial victory, but substitute Allen rewarded the hosts for a display bursting with energy and spirit with a low 90th-minute finish.

Klopp was also delighted with the performance of Brazil forward Firmino, who has struggled to live up to his £29m transfer fee since arriving from Hoffenheim in the summer.

The German said: "I could talk about this for half an hour. He doesn't know how good he is. If you are good, you have to show it.

"He had a really good game but he was not the only one. I could talk about special performances - we had a lot of other players."

Klopp was also involved in an angry first-half exchange with fourth official Robert Madley and was calmed down, amiably, by his opposite number Arsene Wenger.

He said: "I told Arsene why I was a little bit emotional. It was a clear throw-in for us in a good moment, a good phase. I said what I said, he said what he said.

"We had nothing, it was friendly."