You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steven Caulker

aRdja

Some of their fans were getting right pissy saying stuff like 'he didn't want to get relegated again'. Fucking hell like, they were in league 2 less than half a decade ago, you think they would have some gratitude and humility.

So yes, they are indeed bad bellends. Caulker is well shit though, he was atrocious in that league cup tie and the 6-3 at Cardiff a few years when he let Suarez bundle him over for his hat trick.

Suarez made many a CB look atrocious.

How is Caulker a better option that Subotic?

Have you seen Subotic play recently?

He was very poor last season.  Did his knee a couple of years ago, now has back problems, and when he's on the pitch he seems to have lost whatever it was he had a few seasons back.  

He was excellent under Klopp in those Bundesliga-winning seasons, but that time is a long time ago.  Caulker isn't amazing, he isn't even good but at least he has a shot at being decent.  If you ask me, I think those days are over for Subotic.

I think this is pretty good business - done quick, painless and no strings. Should have a minimal buyout if he comes good.

He is a big fella with some pace and has a good amount of experience in the league. Would prefer him to either Toure or Ilori at the moment so whats not to like?

Another player who isn't good enough to play for us, is going to play for us.

We'll continue to leak goals at an alarming rate until the point at which we give the opposition cause for concern that we are a threat to their goal.

If I was the manager of an opposition team I'd utilise a 2-4-4 formation against us and let my two defenders and keeper deal with the threat of our 'outstanding' attacking players.

I think this is pretty good business - done quick, painless and no strings. Should have a minimal buyout if he comes good.

He is a big fella with some pace and has a good amount of experience in the league. Would prefer him to either Toure or Ilori at the moment so whats not to like?

He didn't seem quick when I saw him, must have been the night after on the ale that slowed him down. His wiki says he was 400m champion or something. He moves a bit like Benteke. He could actually teach Benteke how to head a ball as that seems his strength in the air. Hopefully Klopp can get him fit with some hard training.

We'll continue to leak goals at an alarming rate until the point at which we give the opposition cause for concern that we are a threat to their goal.

If I was the manager of an opposition team I'd utilise a 2-4-4 formation against us and let my two defenders and keeper deal with the threat of our 'outstanding' attacking players.

Why wouldn't you just play your normal football and beat us, as opposed to use a formation never used before by any team? It's not like we're that difficult to beat at the moment.

In my experience when we sign a player as 4th, or 5th, choice, it always goes really, really well.

It generally starts off like this. He's only backup and will only play a handful of games, stop moaning you whinging cunts. Followed by he needs to be matchfit it's tricky for a backup. Followed by why did we sell..... followed by get rid of the moneygrabbing cunt and play Mark Lawrenson.

He's utterly wank. No point pretending otherwise.

The Southampton 6-1 thread will show people's true opinion on him.

I watched that game and had no idea he was playing.

That said, there were another 10 Southampton players on the pitch that day, and as Davis and Clasie both got the hook and not Caulker, I think Koeman thought the problems were not with his centre backs, Caulker and Van Dijk.

I watched that game and had no idea he was playing.

That said, there were another 10 Southampton players on the pitch that day, and as Davis and Clasie both got the hook and not Caulker, I think Koeman thought the problems were not with his centre backs, Caulker and Van Dijk.

He was directly at fault for at least two of the goals.

Another player who isn't good enough to play for us, is going to play for us.

How come we keep having players who are not good enough to play for us, play for us?

How good do you have to be to play for an 8th placed team?

If he is the best option at the moment - and he will be -  I have no problem with it - really says more about our situation than any comment on Caulker.

He's far from an ideal signing, but we've got 5 games in 14 days and the choices are either use midfielders as CBs, rush players back so they likely get re-injured, or look to see who's fit and available at ridiculously short notice.

If he can cover for just a couple of those games, we'll have a far better chance of getting first choices back for games like Utd and the league cup semi.

It is what it is, a desperate move when we're low on options. If we get through to the league cup final, get past Exeter and beat Utd though, it'll have served its purpose.

How come we keep having players who are not good enough to play for us, play for us?

How good do you have to be to play for an 8th placed team?

If he is the best option at the moment - and he will be - I have no problem with it - really says more about our situation than any comment on Caulker.

Maybe because we have an average scouting team? Who knows... But I say we break that trend! Signing Caulker isn't a step in the right direction though.