You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp moves for Rodgers old boy

tlw content

QPR defender Steven Caulker has emerged as a shock loan target for the Reds as Jurgen Klopp seeks to bolster his squad in the midst of a defensive injury crisis.

Caulker is currently on loan at Southampton but has struggled for game time and his last appearance came in December when he was taken apart by Daniel Sturridge and Divock Origi in Liverpool’s 6-1 win at St Mary’s in the Capital One Cup.

For a deal to happen Southampton would have to terminate his season long loan deal and QPR would then have to accept an offer from the Reds.

Klopp is short handed in the centre of defence with Martin Skrtel and Dejan Lovren both sidelined with hamstring injuries and youngster Joe Gomez ruled out for the season with an ACL. While Mamadou Sakho is expected to return against Arsenal on Wednesday night after missing the previous two games, he has missed a lot of time with various injuries since joining the club in the summer of 2013 and his availability cannot be relied upon.

Should anything happen to Sakho that would leave Kolo Toure and Tiago Ilori as the only fit centre backs at the club and Klopp has been desperately looking for re-enforcements ever since Lovren was injured at Stoke.

Dortmund's Neven Subotic and Schalke's Joel Matip were both heavily linked but their clubs have seemingly proved reluctant to do business in January and Klopp has now been forced to turn his attentions to 24 year old Caulker, who has been capped once by England.

Caulker has frequently been linked with a move to Merseyside over recent years having worked with former Reds boss Brendan Rodgers when he was at Swansea. Rodgers was understood to be a big fan of the former Spurs defender but that interest never materialised into a serious offer and Caulker moved on to Cardiff where he was relegated, before joining QPR the following summer and once again being relegated. Perhaps Southampton want to cut their losses now in case he bags an unwanted hat-trick?

Click here to view the article

Big unit and he can head a ball, but this will be his 5th club in 4 years.

I hope they have done some research on his character. If half of the stuff is true he will be sent back to Southampton by March.

Klopp a few months back.

“If you are full of motivation as a player, if you are full of concentration, full of readiness and passion as a player, I’m not hard. I am open arms and give you a last kick, maybe!” Klopp said.

“If you are not, of course [i am hard], but only because to work with players who don’t understand the professional part of this life, it is a little bit of a waste of time. If they are very young, I can help of course, I can talk about this, give you one chance, two chance, three.

“Five [chances] if you are of another age and some other managers have tried it before, then it’s a waste of time.

A quick quality check for a player should be if Rodgers rated him, stay the fuck away.  Never seen a manager with a worse eye for a player.

Wouldn't be totally surprised if there was dodgy deals during his time at Liverpool.  Would actually be more realistic then him thinking the shite he spent £300m on was anywhere near worth the money.

A quick quality check for a player should be if Rodgers rated him, stay the fuck away.  Never seen a manager with a worse eye for a player.

Wouldn't be totally surprised if there was dodgy deals during his time at Liverpool.  Would actually be more realistic then him thinking the shite he spent £300m on was anywhere near worth the money.

surely the wife dumping, bullshit spouting, envelope bullying, property magnate, picture narcissist wasn't on the take also? can't be a wrongun there surely? i prefer to sick to my original assessment - yanks thinking they are clever and we are collectively stupid sock-puppet

That's about the most sensible thing I've seen on here for a long time. It's like this instant herpes/clap/AIDS field test I'm trying to market in Manchester chav dives.