You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Royal Mail/USPS non delivery

Lee909

15 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Also been fucked over. Had a PC part they stated has been delivered. No signature, no card, no idea where it but says on the website that it was delivered. Such a joke. 

PC part eh? A hard drive by any chance? Check with the police, your local nonce squad have probably confiscated it. SWAT on the way to your house right now I’d imagine. 

Had a package arriving from Hermes. Said it was delivered and driver had taken a photo. I didn't have the package, was in all day, checked the picture, it was of a house in a different street nearby. Went checked with them, they said they didn't have it.

Tried contacting the complaints service, they recommended I check bins and the local vicinity, even when I pointed out the picture was of a different house and that house also didn't have it. They just responded with 5 star feedback surveys to fill in.

Thankfully an honest neighbour from a different house altogether in a different street, came around 2 days later and left the unopened package with me. If he had decided to take it, I'd probably still be struggling for Hermes to take responsibility.

On 15/12/2019 at 14:31, ElishaScottBC said:

Had a package arriving from Hermes. Said it was delivered and driver had taken a photo. I didn't have the package, was in all day, checked the picture, it was of a house in a different street nearby. Went checked with them, they said they didn't have it.

Tried contacting the complaints service, they recommended I check bins and the local vicinity, even when I pointed out the picture was of a different house and that house also didn't have it. They just responded with 5 star feedback surveys to fill in.

Thankfully an honest neighbour from a different house altogether in a different street, came around 2 days later and left the unopened package with me. If he had decided to take it, I'd probably still be struggling for Hermes to take responsibility.

Hermes and Yodel are terrible 

8 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Hermes and Yodel are terrible 

Yep, they even manage to be worse than (the now fortunately defunct) CityLink. My missus had some stuff from Next to send back through Hermes, 4 times the woman turned up to deliver other things and every time said she didn't have the required returns labels or whatever so she couldn't take them. In the end, she had to ring Next and arrange a specific pick up via DPD to get the parcels back before she got charged for them. A week later, a different delivery driver turned up- he said he was a relative of the original woman, who had more or less given up, so he'd had to take over her round. Professional outfit.

CityLink still take the biscuit though- they'd try and deliver during the day without notice, so you'd get home to a card saying they'd re-attempt delivey the next day at 2 pm or whatever, and to ring if you wanted to change that. Naturally, you could never get through to anyone after 4:30, so the second delivery would fail, and they'd then tell you to pick up from the nearest depot, which was about 30 miles away.

On 15/12/2019 at 14:31, ElishaScottBC said:

He probably waited a day or two until he saw who lived there. Took one look at you and decided he had no use for a cat o'nine tails, a blow-up doll, gorilla masking tape and a gas mask.