You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

David Bowie

Vincent Vega

Never got Bowie. Surprise.

A few magnificent songs but tons of stuff.

Was given a copy of his last album by a mate trying to convince me but I could only listen to it once and never again. 

A multi millionaire married to a supermodel lecturing us about lives virtues. Fuck off.

Sounds a bit like John Lennon after the Beatles doesn't it. Maybe that says something about us.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, come on. Even the most sycophantic biographers admit he was anything but. He was apparently totally self-centered, didn't care who he hurt to get what he wanted and was absolutely obsessed with becoming famous from childhood, to the point that almost everybody else would give up after years of humiliating failure and rejections he had to endure before he finally made it. Once he established his fame, he carefully measured his exposure to protect his status, influence and his commercial value.

Fairly standard celeb behaviour I’d say. I stand by my summary over the course of his life/career. Remember seeing him on parky prob late 90s next to Victoria beckham and he was polite but clearly v disturbed by the whole celeb hoopla. Which suggests that even fame hungry young cunts mature

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow!  I have never seen that before.  Nice one, Mal!

Actually my favourite Bowie song - since I was a kid I've loved it.

You just get the sense that Lou is just about to throw a jarring, dissonant solo in there or not bother with his vocal part, but he actually enters into the spirit and looks like he's genuinely enjoying himself!

Perfect in every way that.  I'm off to watch it again!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
9 minutes ago, Butch said:

I've always liked his stuff. Blackstar was brilliant and completely different but unmistakably Bowie. Would have been good to hear what would have followed, such a shame he died. What a shock that was. 

I remember seeing that for the first time and thinking, 'God, he looks a bit rough these days'. He was dead a few days later.