You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

League Cup semi-final: Stoke on a wet and windy Tuesday night (A)

Hand Shandy

Will our set of spineless cunts show up with a trip at wembley at stake.  They've history for bottling it under such circumstances.

Stoke aren't all that at all and their recent run of good form has seen them lose to West Brom, Palace and draw with West ham.  They're an average mid table side with no outstanding players.  Don't want to hear any excuses.

We've seen enough of Benteke standing about waiting for the ball to bounce for him.  He should be nowhere near the starting line up from now until he's sold.

I'm dreading another humiliation. A gutless side, that couldn't be arsed against West Ham now has to go out away that will bully them from the kick-off and has the capacity to score goals - which we don't.

The usual PMS crowd on the bench. Kent and Smith deserve a runout as the rest don't deserve to be out there. What a fucking mess.

I'd give Sinclair a run out and see what he can do but I think we'll probably go with the same starting line up as West Ham.

Have you not seen his contract demands?

Sinclair is a cheeky little cunt and, as such, should be left to rot in the reserves.

• Upvote 1

We've seen enough of Benteke standing about waiting for the ball to bounce for him.  He should be nowhere near the starting line up from now until he's sold.

I'd agree normally but we basically have no one else we can stick up top aside from Bob Firmino. Whos been shit also. 

I'm dreading another humiliation. A gutless side, that couldn't be arsed against West Ham now has to go out away that will bully them from the kick-off and has the capacity to score goals - which we don't.

The usual PMS crowd on the bench. Kent and Smith deserve a runout as the rest don't deserve to be out there. What a fucking mess.

Would not surprise me if we let in 3 or 4 here.

They will be dead up for it. Crowd will be loud and they will go out to bully us which of course is very easy to do.

Hope to fuck I am wrong but I can only see humiliation here tonight.

I'd agree normally but we basically have no one else we can stick up top aside from Bob Firmino. Whos been shit also. 

At least we actually have on a few occasions played good football with Firmino up top.   Not ideal but better than sticking with something that clearly doesn't work.

Have you not seen his contract demands?

Sinclair is a cheeky little cunt and, as such, should be left to rot in the reserves.

I haven't seen his demands but did see that he's represented by that mong Aidy Ward. My thinking was more about having some pace up front and something a bit different to the static lump. We are still paying him, he's not going to sign a new deal so let's just use him while we can. IF he plays a blinder then he might get the deal he wants, if not then no harm done as he'll be gone in the summer anyway.

Exactly how I feel! I was really looking forward to this when we first go through to the "half final" but now...!

Very happy to be proved wrong!

• Upvote 1

I'm concerned that we're so short up front. With that said, because Stoke try to play football these days, I think we're more likely to do well than against the likes of West Brom, who just want to rough you up and try to nick a goal.

Obviously we have to evolve so we can beat all styles we come up against, but as for Stoke, the fact that they try to play football is, I think, to our advantage.

I'm concerned that we're so short up front. With that said, because Stoke try to play football these days, I think we're more likely to do well than against the likes of West Brom, who just want to rough you up and try to nick a goal.

Obviously we have to evolve so we can beat all styles we come up against, but as for Stoke, the fact that they try to play football is, I think, to our advantage.

I thought the same against West Ham... That worked out well! :-)

..........................mignolet....................

clyne.........lovren..............sakho.........Smith/moreno

...................lucas............allen..................

milner..................can................coutinho

..........................benteke..........................