You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Making A Murderer

Ted

I binge watched it over the weekend. Some fascinating stuff and new evidence mixed in with loads of mundane shit.

It may be insensitive of me to say but I really don’t give a fuck about how the Avery or Dassey families feel about it all. They’re a bunch of thick, scruffy twats. I was only interested in the bits where Zellner rips apart theories and comes up with new forensic evidence etc.

They could easily have made it into an amazing 3 parter as opposed to a decent 10 episode series. Overall I enjoyed it though.

It made me yearn for some similar stuff so I started watching The Staircase and that has blown my mind. I think it’s even better than MaM to be honest; if you haven’t seen it, get on it.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Brownie said:

I binge watched it over the weekend. Some fascinating stuff and new evidence mixed in with loads of mundane shit.

It may be insensitive of me to say but I really don’t give a fuck about how the Avery or Dassey families feel about it all. They’re a bunch of thick, scruffy twats. I was only interested in the bits where Zellner rips apart theories and comes up with new forensic evidence etc.

They could easily have made it into an amazing 3 parter as opposed to a decent 10 episode series. Overall I enjoyed it though.

It made me yearn for some similar stuff so I started watching The Staircase and that has blown my mind. I think it’s even better than MaM to be honest; if you haven’t seen it, get on it.

I think its a bit harsh to have so little sympathy for two people who are of limited intelligence and have been so obviously set up over a £36 million dollar lawsuit. I'd be ridiculously angry if I was the dead girl's parents as I'd be desperate to find the real killer(s) as there is a chance its somebody close to them.

Avery and Dassey are products of their environments but the behaviour of US law enforcement here is,once again,absolutely shocking.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Brownie said:

It is very insensitive to say it, negged. 

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Nobody can say for certain if he did it or not, so many inconsistencies, which by law mean he should be free.  

I'm pretty positive neither of them did it as it was such a poor attempt at a cover up that very few places would have allowed it to happen. The second series and its dismantling over the evidence makes me 100% certain Steven Avery or Brendan Dassey had nothing at all to do with it. Other family members? Maybe.

22 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm pretty positive neither of them did it as it was such a poor attempt at a cover up that very few places would have allowed it to happen. The second series and its dismantling over the evidence makes me 100% certain Steven Avery or Brendan Dassey had nothing at all to do with it. Other family members? Maybe.

From what I have seen so far, her ex-boyfriend hasn't come out of it at all well. However I am only five or six episodes in so it could change

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The staircase was boring to fuck they dragged that out way too much. The jinx is the best one of these shows I've ever watched. The last episode was a holy fuck moment. It shows aswell how justice is for the rich.

"Should I still give him the sandwich?" 

Still cracks me up. 

7 hours ago, Anubis said:

I haven't watched it yet, but does Scott Tadych feature in it? After the first series I had him pinned as a definite suspect.

I think he has appeared in one interview (I believe he is Brendan Dassey's stepfather?) but he hasn't feature much at all.

18 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Yes. That’s him. 

Ooooh, the latest episode I have watched (I think 6) has seen a rather tasty development with him. Called for interview with Steven Avery's new lawyer to rule him out of their enquiries. Based on that he agreed to be interviewed but then contacted them after arranging to cancel...

Sorry that wasn't Scott Tadych, it was Scott Bloedorn who was Teresa's former roommate.

Must be a massive headache for the girls family. 

A. Bringing all these painful memories back when they might just want to move on with their lives. 

B. If they think Avery did it then it'll be upsetting that he's getting all this publicity and people on his side. 

C. If they have doubts about Avery doing it, then they are watching a group of bent coppers being more interested in covering up and shifting blame around than actually trying to solve the murder. 

I'm enjoying all this though, feels like I'm watching history unfold. I'm too young to remember the OJ trial but I imagine this is what it felt like. 

20 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I had no opinion after season 1 if they did it or not, I was just certain a guilty verdict was wrong. After season 2, it's pretty clear they are both innocent in my opinion. What's shocking is just how set up it is to keep people in prison.

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

I had no opinion after season 1 if they did it or not, I was just certain a guilty verdict was wrong. After season 2, it's pretty clear they are both innocent in my opinion. What's shocking is just how set up it is to keep people in prison.

Agree. The answer to this has 36 million reasons.

To me the revelations from the retired coroner absolutely convinced me that these two were innocent.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Aventus said:

Must be a massive headache for the girls family. 

A. Bringing all these painful memories back when they might just want to move on with their lives. 

B. If they think Avery did it then it'll be upsetting that he's getting all this publicity and people on his side. 

C. If they have doubts about Avery doing it, then they are watching a group of bent coppers being more interested in covering up and shifting blame around than actually trying to solve the murder. 

I'm enjoying all this though, feels like I'm watching history unfold. I'm too young to remember the OJ trial but I imagine this is what it felt like. 

Did you watch The People vs OJ series? Obviously a dramatisation rather than documentary but still good nonetheless.

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

To me the revelations from the retired coroner absolutely convinced me that these two were innocent.

This for me too. I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't include the coroner or wish to intimidate her to the point of her exiting her job. You'd think as a police department, having expert opinion and analysis to support your theory would be the ultimate goal/process but it very much feels theory and selective or manipulated facts. 

The CD evidence entry was also further evidence of controlling the outcome of this decision. 

He's clearly in there because they can't show to be corrupt and deal with the massive compo claim that would come following this. It's easier for them for this to fizzle out of the public eye and be dealt with at a later date/until something happens with regards to his health/mental state. 

On 10/22/2018 at 8:09 AM, VladimirIlyich said:

I think its a bit harsh to have so little sympathy for two people who are of limited intelligence and have been so obviously set up over a £36 million dollar lawsuit. I'd be ridiculously angry if I was the dead girl's parents as I'd be desperate to find the real killer(s) as there is a chance its somebody close to them.

Avery and Dassey are products of their environments but the behaviour of US law enforcement here is,once again,absolutely shocking.

I’m not talking about those two, i’m talking about the family.

That Brendans mum is an absolute whopper, just listen to her on that phone call.

They’re bad whoppers.

12 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I’m not talking about those two, i’m talking about the family.

That Brendans mum is an absolute whopper, just listen to her on that phone call.

They’re bad whoppers.

I don't disagree with the fact that Brendan's Mum and Stepdad are massive whoppers. There's also a fair chance Brendan's family is highly involved in her murder,they have better motive and opportunity than Avery and Brendan. Also that revelation about the independent witness reporting the car days before it was found but that crooked Sheriff witholding information yet again. The people who should be behind bars here all hold badges.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I don't disagree with the fact that Brendan's Mum and Stepdad are massive whoppers. There's also a fair chance Brendan's family is highly involved in her murder,they have better motive and opportunity than Avery and Brendan. Also that revelation about the independent witness reporting the car days before it was found but that crooked Sheriff witholding information yet again. The people who should be behind bars here all hold badges.

I totally agree. There’s a shitload more than reasonable doubt so there’s no way either of them should have been convicted, based on what we see from the documentary anyway.

I just found the scenes focusing on their families as a bit dull, the interesting stuff for me was the new testing and evidence driven by Zellner.

4 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I totally agree. There’s a shitload more than reasonable doubt so there’s no way either of them should have been convicted, based on what we see from the documentary anyway.

I just found the scenes focusing on their families as a bit dull, the interesting stuff for me was the new testing and evidence driven by Zellner.

Yeah,the family stuff was padding but I did feel genuinely sorry for the Averys much more than the Dassey family.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Seasons said:

This for me too. I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't include the coroner or wish to intimidate her to the point of her exiting her job. You'd think as a police department, having expert opinion and analysis to support your theory would be the ultimate goal/process but it very much feels theory and selective or manipulated facts. 

The CD evidence entry was also further evidence of controlling the outcome of this decision. 

He's clearly in there because they can't show to be corrupt and deal with the massive compo claim that would come following this. It's easier for them for this to fizzle out of the public eye and be dealt with at a later date/until something happens with regards to his health/mental state. 

I actually think it's fine that the coroner of manitowoc <sp> County wasn't involved. The County was supposed to have stepped aside. But that argument holds no water when all the major discoveries are made by manitowoc police and if I understood what the coroner was saying, it was manitowoc police who were treatening her.