You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2016

dickie mint

I watched the Porter-Thurman fight for the first time. Pretty good fight and I thought Porter won by a round. I don't think it was the fight-of-the-year, because for all their speed, power and athleticism, I thought there was a lack of boxing craft. They both looked very rudimentary, throwing and missing wildly, running straight in, repeating the same mistakes, it's just not what a world class offensive fight is supposed to look like and I would put it a good deal behind the candidates.

This has been posted on another forum but i thought it'd be interesting to get the lads take on it on here.

You have to pick a combination of 4 of the attributes you'd like to have as a boxer in the first list.

But as we know there's no fighter who has everything, so you're going to have to pick 2 weaknesses from the second list.

The third list you can pick whatever you want to compliment your genetic strengths and weaknesses

First list

Power

Great chin

Great cardio

Explosiveness

Great hand speed

Great reflexes

Massive heart

Second list

Pillow fists

Poor chin

No cardio

No explosiveness

Slow handspeed

Bad reflexes

No heart

Third list

Long reach / Medium reach / Short reach

Tall / average / short

Orthodox / Southpaw

Country of Birth - Britain, Mexico, America, Argentina etc

Weight class

What would you pick? what style would you have? and why did you pick the attributes you picked?

This has been posted on another forum but i thought it'd be interesting to get the lads take on it on here.

You have to pick a combination of 4 of the attributes you'd like to have as a boxer in the first list.

But as we know there's no fighter who has everything, so you're going to have to pick 2 weaknesses from the second list.

The third list you can pick whatever you want to compliment your genetic strengths and weaknesses

First list

Power

Great chin

Great cardio

Explosiveness

Great hand speed

Great reflexes

Massive heart

Second list

Pillow fists

Poor chin

No cardio

No explosiveness

Slow handspeed

Bad reflexes

No heart

Third list

Long reach / Medium reach / Short reach

Tall / average / short

Orthodox / Southpaw

Country of Birth - Britain, Mexico, America, Argentina etc

Weight class

What would you pick? what style would you have? and why did you pick the attributes you picked?

Great chin

Great cardio

Great hand speed

Great reflexes

Pillow fists

Long reach

With them pocks you can be a world champion at most weights. The reach always give you an advantage. With great cardio and chin you can go the distance. And reflexes and hands make up for no punching power