You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2016

dickie mint

I'm going for Brook if that fight finally happens this year. Khan's been far too inactive over the last few years and his opposition leaves a lot to be desired. I know Brook's competition is hardly stellar but he's been active and doesn't balloon up in between training camps like Amir does.

Bradley's a difficult one. He actually stands the best chance of winning this one. He was bossing the second fight in the first few rounds, up until he decided to swing for the fences and try to knock Pacquiao out. Atlas in his corner will give him an advantage and Pacquiao for all intents and purposes is one foot out the door at this stage. 

Khan has wasted some serious amount of time waiting around on a Mayweather or Pacquiao fight.

He should have fought and beat people that would have forced either of them into a fight.

Bradley has a chance vs Pacquiao as Manny just might not have the fire in his belly now.

It's as underwhelming an announcement as Mayweather - Berto.

Khan has wasted some serious amount of time waiting around on a Mayweather or Pacquiao fight.He should have fought and beat people that would have forced either of them into a fight.Bradley has a chance vs Pacquiao as Manny just might not have the fire in his belly now.It's as underwhelming an announcement as Mayweather - Berto.

And brook hasn't wasted time?

Up until recently I always had Brook down as too strong for khan. But lately, and with the inactivity I just don't know.

He balloons up in-between fights. Rumors he likes a bit of sniff, and also a bit of a bummer.

• Upvote 1

I'm going for Brook if that fight finally happens this year. Khan's been far too inactive over the last few years and his opposition leaves a lot to be desired. I know Brook's competition is hardly stellar but he's been active and doesn't balloon up in between training camps like Amir does.

Bradley's a difficult one. He actually stands the best chance of winning this one. He was bossing the second fight in the first few rounds, up until he decided to swing for the fences and try to knock Pacquiao out. Atlas in his corner will give him an advantage and Pacquiao for all intents and purposes is one foot out the door at this stage.[/quote couldn't work out Bradleys game plan in the 2nd fight I think that was a winnable fight for him if he hadn't have fucked about. I agree he stands a decent chance of winning this 50/50 fight for me, its not a fight that exites me too much though.

Agree with the view Groves is mentally done. He's finished. If he gets by his next opponent the Smith fight is his final payday.

Khan is an annoying fucker, what did he expect being with Al Haymon, Arum and Haymon were never gonna do business.

Brook Khan is an absolute must now, I still maintain it could have happened last June but this June will do fine.

It's a very interesting fight. Brook is no slouch either and he carries power.

I'd say that Brook is more about timing than speed, and they say timing beats speed, but I just think Khan will be too quick for him. Hopefully they fight as it will be of genuine interest to see how they go.

Yeah I'd go with that. I smell a fast car Eddie box office bonanza.

Do you think they take warm up fights and risk it?

They could both do with one ideally, both been inactive lately, especially Khan.

It would make sense, but maybe they'll fight in April and go straight for it.

Khan has wasted some serious amount of time waiting around on a Mayweather or Pacquiao fight.He should have fought and beat people that would have forced either of them into a fight.Bradley has a chance vs Pacquiao as Manny just might not have the fire in his belly now.It's as underwhelming an announcement as Mayweather - Berto.

Provodnikov battered Bradley but took too long before doing it. I am not a fan of Bradley myself.

I do think Kell Brook would beat Khan,and hope so too.

Khan is overrated for me and has a glass chin anyhow. Have just never really rated him.

Brook is a strong fighter,if not puncher but I think he still has the edge over Khan.

Khan's chin isnt glass. He would never have stood up to Maidana if it was. His issue is his style and recovery. He has the Mexican mentality of once hit hr has to get into a firefight and fire back. If he got on his bike after taking s big shot he would be fine. I a big Khan fan,normally in good fights,great hands and fights like a latino.

Kell has fought nobody,he's a second rate Naseem Hamed wannabe. He's done nothing to shoe he's at Khan's level

• Upvote 1

Khan's chin isnt glass. He would never have stood up to Maidana if it was. His issue is his style and recovery. He has the Mexican mentality of once hit hr has to get into a firefight and fire back. If he got on his bike after taking s big shot he would be fine. I a big Khan fan,normally in good fights,great hands and fights like a latino.

Kell has fought nobody,he's a second rate Naseem Hamed wannabe. He's done nothing to shoe he's at Khan's level

Agree with all of that. Khan beats Brook any day for me.

• Upvote 1

His chin isn't glass, but it's not exactly solid. He's been dropped by Julio Diaz and was almost put out of there. Garcia annihilated him and as much as he's praised for beating Maidana it's more a case of surviving Maidana than actually beating him because the punishment he took in that 10th round was unbelievable. 

Then you've got the fact that he was bullied by Lamont Peterson. I like Khan, he's exciting and he's one of my favourite fighters but Brook is no joke, he's massive for the weight, he can bang and he will catch Khan at some stage. This isn't a shot Devon Alexander looking for a payday here. This is probably the 3rd best Welterweight in the division right now behind Manny and Floyd. 

His chin isn't glass, but it's not exactly solid. He's been dropped by Julio Diaz and was almost put out of there. Garcia annihilated him and as much as he's praised for beating Maidana it's more a case of surviving Maidana than actually beating him because the punishment he took in that 10th round was unbelievable. 

Then you've got the fact that he was bullied by Lamont Peterson. I like Khan, he's exciting and he's one of my favourite fighters but Brook is no joke, he's massive for the weight, he can bang and he will catch Khan at some stage. This isn't a shot Devon Alexander looking for a payday here. This is probably the 3rd best Welterweight in the division right now behind Manny and Floyd. 

I'm not having that. Peterson was juicing and he lead with his head all night, yet the referee saw fit to penalise Khan for pushing. Khan won that fight for me.

As for Maidana, I think he met the very best Maidana there has been, and that is an elite fighter. He beat him clearly, but yes he had to survive in the 10th and did brilliantly to get through it. 

There are too many people queueing up to knock Khan. He's never ducked anyone, he's won against elite level fighter and he's the best British fighter of his generation.

I'm not having that. Peterson was juicing and he lead with his head all night, yet the referee saw fit to penalise Khan for pushing. Khan won that fight for me.

As for Maidana, I think he met the very best Maidana there has been, and that is an elite fighter. He beat him clearly, but yes he had to survive in the 10th and did brilliantly to get through it. 

There are too many people queueing up to knock Khan. He's never ducked anyone, he's won against elite level fighter and he's the best British fighter of his generation.

Khan won the fight for me as well, but he got bullied in the later rounds. He had no inside game and Lamont Peterson destroyed him on the inside with hooks and uppercuts. The ref was a joke in that fight, granted, but it doesn't disguise the fact that he got walked down, gassed and got lit up on the inside.

Maidana is a beast, he was a beast from the moment he fought Ortiz onwards and that's definitely Khan's best win. I'm not knocking Khan's heart, his determination or even his record and who he's fought. I'm simply saying how often do you see a fighter that's got 2 KO losses, that's been hurt by three other opponents (Peterson, Maidana and Diaz) beat a top level, prime, undefeated fighter?

• Upvote 1

Anything can happen in a boxing match, i wouldn't be shocked if Khan outboxes him to a decision. But the way i see it is similar to Luiz Ortiz the other week against Jennings, Tyson Fury against Klitschko or the undefeated South American that ran through Kevin Mitchell on the undercard of Whyte vs Joshua.

You could say well who has Ortiz, Fury or Barroso fought? the answer is nobody. I got sucked into that myself. But undefeated means something in this game, especially when you're undefeated for over a decade like Kell Brook has been. This guy isn't Paul McCloskey or Carlos Molina, this is a real champion that's been gunning for Khan for a long time. It kind of reminds me of a mini Arguello vs Pryor rivalry, obviously neither are as good, nor does it have the importance of that fight. But you've got one that's always been in the shadow of the other looking to prove himself and that's a dangerous predicament for Khan to be in.

• Upvote 1