You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Old People Driving

Rico1304

In a thread about old people driving what the fuck did you expect? Go and start a 18-35 male drivers thread and let's see what we can add to that.

In fact, off topic... A large majority of 18-35 male drivers are absolute bell ends and YES they should be re tested if they continually commit road traffic offences. 

The vast majority of old drivers are not absolute bell ends, they are simply 'due to their age' not actually competent to be on the road. Because of the alternatives they continue to drive anyway, I don't blame them but I do think more should be done to get them off the road. Just as I do the absolute bell ends that are either male or female that cannot fucking drive. 

Yeah I guess reasoned balance comments was probably beyond you.

The old fuckers who cause accidents are normally doing 8mph. The cunts under 25 involved in accidents are usually doing 80.

That's why I'm paying over a grand to get my kids insured on a mini.

And that makes a difference how? You're paying a grand+ for your kids because 'kids' have more fucking accidents than any other age group.

Whats the disagreement in here then?

It seems the thread is regarding senior drivers,around the 70+ age bracket so no need for hostility. It is pretty much a fact that younger drivers,18-25 ish,are equally at fault for road accidents too. I think the difference is that the older drivers are more likely to hurt themselves while the younger ones are also likely to involve others too.

As for Stringers ,JimmyCase,I'd say that 'When experience speaks,inexperience should listen.'

• 1 year later...

I have to go down a country road and through a village on the school run and most of the way along there’s just about enough space for two cars to pass. Yesterday morning I had my kids in the car and an old dear came zooming along in the opposite direction in a KA, squinting over the steering wheel trying to see where she was going. She wasn’t just in the middle of the road, she was essentially all the way over onto the right hand side. I saw her coming, slowed right down to 10mph and still she made no effort to even move over. I ended up having to drive up onto a grass verge just to get out of the way of the mad cunt.