You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Inequality

AngryOfTuebrook

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Yes, because we have loads of 18 yr old CEOs who get parachuted in from school. 

There’s no doubt that some people get a leg up to start with, but to suggest that CEOs aren’t better qualified to run a company than the tea boy is mental. 

Except I didn't actually say any of that, not sure where you got that from.

You were comparing professional athletes to businesses people and I said football was a pure meritocracy where you're judged completely on ability, where in most other fields you're not.

Sallah plays ahead of Origi because he's better, you can't blag it and there's no hiding place. 

Or are you saying the conditions have never existed in a company where someone's superior isn't shit, or at least shitter than the person below.

Are generals of armies the best soldiers, are chief constanbles the best coppers, or do they have the ability to ride some rapids that aren't about pure talent in the field. 

You can't do this in football, soft power, social intelligence, luck, opportunism and connections matters not a jot, if you're a better player you're at a better club and get better money. This is how the neoliberal types would have you believe the rest of the world works when it clearly doesn't, lest Brois Johnson, the guy you say you think is shit, would never have picked up a pen at a newspaper, and wouldn't be the leader of anything, let alone a country.

On 15/12/2020 at 09:17, AngryofTuebrook said:

Not much of a surprise to see people presenting evidence that the existing levels of inequality are making the impact of the pandemic much worse and that the Tory response to the pandemic will make inequality much worse. 

Two wrongs now make a right with you angry?

http://www.tuaeu.co.uk/eu-austerity-measures-driving-millions-into-poverty/

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Well dont be a hypocrite. Nothing to say again on the eu policy of austerity yet flags up British austerity.

Not everything is about the EU.  The UK economy has always been directed by UK politicians, elected by UK voters.

To pin the blame on the EU is to let the UK neoliberals off the hook.

And drop all this "your beloved EU" bullshit.  It makes you look stupid.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Two wrongs now make a right with you angry?

http://www.tuaeu.co.uk/eu-austerity-measures-driving-millions-into-poverty/

Name one occasion when the UK Government wanted to splash the cash to alleviate poverty and inequality, but were prevented by the EU.  Just one.

I'll wait.

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

And? The eu vote was over two years ago but it unfortunately dosnt stop you wittering on about it. Austerity has been launched on the people of Europe for a decade. Have a more recent story,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-55014610

This story demonstrates that the EU are responsible for inequality in the UK, because... 

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

This story demonstrates that the EU are responsible for inequality in the UK, because... 

You're like a starry eyed lovelorn teenager angry.  Even when presented with damming evidence you refuse to see the wrong though the right. 

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You're like a starry eyed lovelorn teenager angry.  Even when presented with damming evidence you refuse to see the wrong though the right. 

What????

Stop being a nobhead and answer the question.  What the fuck does a strike at Centrica have to do with the EU?

31 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

And? The eu vote was over two years ago but it unfortunately dosnt stop you wittering on about it. Austerity has been launched on the people of Europe for a decade. Have a more recent story,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-55014610

Ha ha I could bore you to death with the reasons for this. But not once will the EU feature. Unless the engineers are being trafficked into the U.K.

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What????

Stop being a nobhead and answer the question.  What the fuck does a strike at Centrica have to do with the EU?

Nothing I was replying to mister self obsessed. He has a hatred for old links and fair play. 

26 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Name one occasion when the UK Government wanted to splash the cash to alleviate poverty and inequality, but were prevented by the EU.  Just one.

I'll wait.

I didnt say they did. I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of deriding a government that embarks on austerity whilst giving a free pass to an organisation that had promoted it for a decade 

43 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Except I didn't actually say any of that, not sure where you got that from.

You were comparing professional athletes to businesses people and I said football was a pure meritocracy where you're judged completely on ability, where in most other fields you're not.

Sallah plays ahead of Origi because he's better, you can't blag it and there's no hiding place. 

Or are you saying the conditions have never existed in a company where someone's superior isn't shit, or at least shitter than the person below.

Are generals of armies the best soldiers, are chief constanbles the best coppers, or do they have the ability to ride some rapids that aren't about pure talent in the field. 

You can't do this in football, soft power, social intelligence, luck, opportunism and connections matters not a jot, if you're a better player you're at a better club and get better money. This is how the neoliberal types would have you believe the rest of the world works when it clearly doesn't, lest Brois Johnson, the guy you say you think is shit, would never have picked up a pen at a newspaper, and wouldn't be the leader of anything, let alone a country.

If CEO's performance was that easily measured as those of football players, there would definitely be much more meritocracy. But if you mike the picture just  a little wider, when you look at managers, you already have much less meritocracy and objectivity in judging who is deserving of what.

23 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I didnt say they did. I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of deriding a government that embarks on austerity whilst giving a free pass to an organisation that had promoted it for a decade 

What "free pass"?

I posted a link about inequality on the Inequality thread.  The link happened to be about a non-EU country, run by a gang of EU- hating neoliberal fundamentalists.  You decided to start banging on about the EU, like Buzz Aldrin trying to shoehorn the moon into every conversation. 

31 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You championed your own selfish ends when you did and I bet youve still got freinds/associates there. Anyway that's beside the point, we are where we are, so predictable.

You'd start an argument with your priest in confession.