You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Inequality

AngryOfTuebrook

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Jeff Bezos must have put in a hell of a shift yesterday: apparently, he "earned" $13 billion in24 hours.

I reckon he deserves a lie-in today.

A hero of the modern age. Just had some stuff delivered that I hadn't even ordered yet and didn't need. Fucking amazing deal. 

If you had Jeff money what would you spend it on?

I’ve zero interest in hearing about donating to charity / paying taxes etc, that’s a given. 

What I want to know if full, childish selfishness of what you’d spend your days doing / buying.

I’d be a walking cliche, mansions, supercars, yachts the size of cruise liners, private jets the size of A380’s to places all over the world, the best of everything, not giving fuck and doing exactly as I wanted. As much as it’s your duty to pay the taxes etc I also see it as it being your duty to get that money spent and into the economy.

Ive seen him talk about space travel but fuck that, too risky, don’t get the fascination, I bet anyone who does go will be secretly bored after a few days.

6 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

I’ve zero interest in hearing about donating to charity / paying taxes etc, that’s a given. 

What I want to know if full, childish selfishness of what you’d spend your days doing / buying.

I’d be a walking cliche, mansions, supercars, yachts the size of cruise liners, private jets the size of A380’s to places all over the world, the best of everything, not giving fuck and doing exactly as I wanted. As much as it’s your duty to pay the taxes etc I also see it as it being your duty to get that money spent and into the economy.

Ive seen him talk about space travel but fuck that, too risky, don’t get the fascination, I bet anyone who does go will be secretly bored after a few days.

Create some kind of port sunlight style socislist paradise, establish a business with housing for the staff and pay everyone well, pensions, social and sports clubs and watch the magic happen. All I'd ask is a picture of myself in head office, with jesus over one shoulder and shanks over the other.

• Upvote 4

Guest Pistonbroke
15 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

I'd buy the mancs and ruin the cunts. 

30 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

An army.

First morning, take France. Then I'd consider my next move.

I'd make my company the place everybody would love to work for. That doesn't mean a slide instead of stairs or you can bring your pet in and all drink fucking green tea. Id treat them like adults who have responsibilities and pay a living wage and if they took the piss I'd have them knee capped from my pirate island of big titty hookers.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I've always wanted a Roman legion. 

Imagine the faces on the locals as you marched your Legion into a Tory Town and devastated their bowling greens. 

4 hours ago, SasaS said:

The French are hilarious. Like the 20,000 that died defending Dunkirk so the British can escape. 

The French fielded two full divisions of Waffen SS who fought in the final battle of Berlin. The Vichy French were on the verge of handing over the French navy to the Germans so Churchill got the Royal Navy to sink them. Their maltreatment of ethnic germans in their territory after the first World War also helped sow the seeds for Germany retaking the territory and being welcomed with open arms. In fact, their insistence on such harsh terms in the treaty of Versailles (which the British thought were OTT) helped lay the groundwork for the rise of extremist parties in Germany in the first place.

The French also had a team on the ground in the Falklands showing the Argentines how to use the exocets they'd sold them. 

De Gaul spent the war hiding under the bed in London then returned to Paris a conquering hero, later objecting to Britain's entry to the EEC and trying to pull out of Nato.

First World War

Second world war 

Viet Nam

The french have got form for dragging people into wars and promptly getting battered, then shitting on the people who bailed them out. 

Charlemagne_Division_SOldiers.jpg

Guest Pistonbroke
27 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The French fielded two full divisions of Waffen SS who fought in the final battle of Berlin. The Vichy French were on the verge of handing over the French navy to the Germans so Churchill got the Royal Navy to sink them. Their maltreatment of ethnic germans in their territory after the first World War also helped sow the seeds for Germany retaking the territory and being welcomed with open arms. In fact, their insistence on such harsh terms in the treaty of Versailles (which the British thought were OTT) helped lay the groundwork for the rise of extremist parties in Germany in the first place.

The French also had a team on the ground in the Falklands showing the Argentines how to use the exocets they'd sold them. 

De Gaul spent the war hiding under the bed in London then returned to Paris a conquering hero, later objecting to Britain's entry to the EEC and trying to pull out of Nato.

First World War

Second world war 

Viet Nam

The french have got form for dragging people into wars and promptly getting battered, then shitting on the people who bailed them out. 

Yeah, the French part in Vietnam was pretty shocking. I always get the feeling they just wanted to be as big as The English and the Romans at being cunts, but always fell short. 

12 hours ago, Section_31 said:

First World War

Second world war 

Viet Nam

France had more military casualties than Britain in the WWI.

As to the attack on to French navy in 1940 which killed 1300 French sailors, I don't think it is something to be proud of.

On 22/07/2020 at 11:25, AngryofTuebrook said:

Jeff Bezos must have put in a hell of a shift yesterday: apparently, he "earned" $13 billion in24 hours.

I reckon he deserves a lie-in today.

Pace money so it doesn't count

• Upvote 1