You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge - 2020

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

He was ridiculously built up - talk of him being one of the best strikers in the world a few years back.

He has never even been the best striker on any team he has played for.

He was very good in our last title challenge, he's a shadow of that player now 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Vale Daniel.

Been listening to this song on repeat since the news came out.

Charles Bukowski once wrote “my beerdrunk soul is sadder than all the dead christmas trees of the world”, yet this post is somehow even more filled with sorrow.

Be kind to yourself during these dark days, my friend.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Charles Bukowski once wrote “my beerdrunk soul is sadder than all the dead christmas trees of the world”, yet this post is somehow even more filled with sorrow.

Be kind to yourself during these dark days, my friend.

Thank you for your support Dr Nowt.

Was a brilliant player before he was broken. Which happened about 4-5 years ago.

Should have been moved on years ago.

Not his fault probably, the way things turned out, Ihave no reason to believe he didnt do his best, must have been extremely frustrating for him the whole thing.

So good luck to him where ever he ends up going.

Had no urgency to move on because of the wages he was on. We should have sold him when there was a myth that he was a top player When fit. Got loaned to West Brom and hardly played there due to injury. After that there was no chance of ever flogging him and he was always going to see out his contract.

• Upvote 3

Just a reminder of what an absolutely incredible player he was when he first arrived here. I absolutely loved watching him play, he doesn't even resemble the player from these clips. Looks at the searing pace, the acceleration, the sharpness of thought, his dribbling and quick feet, the agility constantly putting the defender on the backfoot, the absoulete venom in his strikes. Genuinely should have gone on to be one of the best strikers in the world. A crying shame.

• Upvote 3