You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge - 2020

• 5 months later...

In a crowded field putting the Isle of Wight festival’s camping area to shame, I think the most hateful thing Hodgson ever did was the arrogantly careless attitude he showed to Sturridge’s well-being, followed by his totally blasé reaction to having fucking hobbled him.

Physically never the same after that, and while it was always sadly inevitable his body would break down prematurely, it still bothers me how someone could play such a role in shortening a player’s career and never even remotely question themselves.

Proper oblivious, pompous cunt.

Sturridge was truly amazing when his body was right. That first 18 months were a dream and even when he was half-lame he pulled out moments of genius like his goal against Sevilla in the UEFA Cup Final. 

Pure talent.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

In a crowded field putting the Isle of Wight festival’s camping area to shame, I think the most hateful thing Hodgson ever did was the arrogantly careless attitude he showed to Sturridge’s well-being, followed by his totally blasé reaction to having fucking hobbled him.

Physically never the same after that, and while it was always sadly inevitable his body would break down prematurely, it still bothers me how someone could play such a role in shortening a player’s career and never even remotely question themselves.

Proper oblivious, pompous cunt.

Sturridge was truly amazing when his body was right. That first 18 months were a dream and even when he was half-lame he pulled out moments of genius like his goal against Sevilla in the UEFA Cup Final. 

Pure talent.

I'd forgotten about the owl doing that. What a cunt.

13/14 season he was spectacular. People forget how good he was because of how good Suarez was. 

That said I think he had an attitude problem especially for a few years before he left. Wish him all the best but not sure what role he he could have here. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

13/14 season he was spectacular. People forget how good he was because of how good Suarez was. 

That said I think he had an attitude problem especially for a few years before he left. Wish him all the best but not sure what role he he could have here. 

Pretty much where I'm at with Sturridge.  Perhaps a bit more generous if I'm honest. He had the opportunity to step up and be our main man after Suarez jumped ship and just didn't fancy the responsibility. All the niggly little injuries that many players would have just played through became excuses not to put his boots on imo.  By the end I was sick of him despite his massive season with Suarez .

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Studio presenter for the soon to be launched Lfc reality channel?

Before injuries took their toll, there weren't many out there better than him. Lightening pace, adhesive touch, outrageous skills, lethal finishing and deceptively strong. He had it all.

For a solid two years, I did the wriggly arms when I was out in town on the lash. I'm sure I wasn't the only one either.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Hotdog seller. I'd buy one of his 12 inches.