You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge - 2020

38 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Do other teams not know this fella is available -- free, gratis - as in - costs nothing?

I can see a new name being coined. Where the Bosman involves free transfers with high fees going from club to player, the Sturridge involves high fees from the player to the club. Although he had better hurry up, otherwise it could be called the Lallana. 

18 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, he did. Going forward I think he will not be making many demands.

You buy a car without brakes you need to fix it before it’s road worthy, like DS, it’s going to cost you a fortune just to get it off the drive, never mind getting it on the strip near the Cosmo bingo where you’ll use as way of getting the village bike to swallow a load of your ‘product’.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He costs a fucking fortune and offers very little back on your investment, percentage wise. 

Im sure lots have thought about it, but thought better of it.

There was a bit of a rumour that Man Utd had contacted him!

Watford signed welbeck on a free and he was wanting 100 grand a week plus 5m signing on fee. To be fair to Dan, he was pretty injury free last season and is far better finisher than Welbeck.

Im surprised no one has signed Dan before Welbeck.

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Watford signed welbeck on a free and he was wanting 100 grand a week plus 5m signing on fee. To be fair to Dan, he was pretty injury free last season and is far better finisher than Welbeck.

Im surprised no one has signed Dan before Welbeck.

I’m not. Sturridge can’t run. I think maybe Wellbeck can. 

• 2 weeks later...