You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge - 2020

10 hours ago, Lee909 said:

This makes no fucking sense what so ever. The bet wasn't on him moving to West Brom. Some dick put a 5 figure sum on him going to Inter after a Italian paper said a deal had been agreed. Why the fuck would Sturridge pass on dodgy info. Sounds like some dick has either told the FA a load of shite in spite as he lost loads of money. Or Sturridge has told someone he might be going to Inter, they've let slip and some dicks jumped on it and tried to make a killing. Then likely got the arse cause he lists loads and told authorities Sturridge told him

A blue collar worker based in the Midlands placed a five-figure bet on Daniel Sturridge's club movements during the period in which the Liverpool striker is being investigated for allegedly passing on gambling information, Telegraph Sport can disclose.

The man, from a modest background, wagered the huge bet on the England player joining Inter Milan on loan during last January's transfer window. Just days later, however, Sturridge instead joined West Brom for the remainder of the season.

Given the spectacular failure of the bet, there is no suggestion that Sturridge was involved, but the transaction startled bosses at a leading bookmaker who suspected the gambler might have obtained what he believed was insider information.

The Football Association has refused to confirm whether it is considering the bet in relation to its investigation into Sturridge for alleged gambling breaches.

It had previously been understood Sturridge's loan move to West Brom on January 29 was the central thread to the FA misconduct charge for breaching betting rules. The FA specifically mentioned "the period of January 2018" in its statement, and one of the charges against Sturridge refers to "passing on information which can be used for betting purposes".

In the days before his Baggies switch, Corriere dello Sport reported that Inter had agreed a deal to take Sturridge to Serie A, initially on loan but with an option to buy in the summer. The report surfaced about a week after the Midlands bet was tabled.

Sack him!!!

• 2 months later...
53 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

So has this season started yet - Season of the Studge?

Imagine if it wasn't a contract year.

We're in the Champions League knockouts and have 1 more point than we otherwise would have because of his contributions, mate. 1 point that could prove to be the difference in the title race when all is done. It is indeed his season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

According to the Mirror, Tottenham want Sturridge to provide cover and competition to Harry Kane. Seeing as Kane is injured, presumably they mean cover and competition to a place in the injury room?

12 hours ago, Section_31 said:

If Sturridge saw you chatting up his bird in the pub I reckon he would go home.

He wouldn't, mate. He'd fall off his bar stool and break his leg on the way down. Poor cunt would be in hospital for 6 months, 12 months rehab, then he'd stub his toe on the way out of the building and start the process all over again. 

Then score a worldy and everyone would forget. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

According to the Mirror, Tottenham want Sturridge to provide cover and competition to Harry Kane. Seeing as Kane is injured, presumably they mean cover and competition to a place in the injury room?

Straight swap for Son. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Must be bollocks. No top club is going to want him. Even his odd cameos are shite and he would be better off fucking off to the States or China where turkeys can still earn decent dosh for doing very little.

13 hours ago, Section_31 said:

If Sturridge saw you chatting up his bird in the pub I reckon he would go home.

I reckon he'd stare at you while pouting and licking his lips thinking he's being intimidating, while you're just left wondering if you are going home with your ringpiece intact. 

On 11/13/2018 at 10:45 AM, Red74 said:

I was away on a stag do the other year and got chatting to some girl who told me to put a few quid on Michael Carrick joining the mancs. There'd been no rumours that he was going there at all and when I asked her how she knew, it turned out she was his sister. 

I didn't put the bet on.

I love how you used "the other year" to mean over 12 years ago. But then whilst checking how long it had actually been since Carrick moved, well, it seems to me like he doesn't have a sister!

• Upvote 1