You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge - 2020

What do you want Klopp to come out and say? Sturridge has a contract and we have to pay that. If no one else wants him, and why would they, we’re stuck with him. So he may as well try and get a tune out of him. I just think comments like “It beggars belief that yet again Klopp is falling down the can get a tune out of Sturridge hole“ are fucking stupid. Someone may well be stupid enough to take him off us, But to be critical of Klopp for trying to put a

positive spin on it, maybe even to alert other clubs, is ridiculous.

Klopp can say what he wants about him - I couldn't care less about that...I am though bothered that we seem to be happily not getting in a better striker that we can use when needed - someone who won't go missing when required, which over a long season where hopefully we put in a proper title challenge etc we will require.

Klopps talking up the cunt cause no one would be daft enough to take him and our budget seems spent on other areas. Fair enough, we’ve actually had a budget this year and signed some quality.

You’d have to think he’s a right moron to believe he’d get anything out of Sturridge, fit or not he’s never played two good games in a row for him.

Daniel Sturridge has likened Liverpool to a former girlfriend because Daniel Sturridge is mint.

Sturridge joined Liverpool in January 2013 and quickly established himself in the first team at Anfield.

He scored 35 goals in 49 games in his first season-and-a-half at the club, but was stopped in his tracks by a spate of injuries.

From 2014/15 to 2017/18, the 28-year-old has played just 98 games, scoring 28 goals.

But he has enjoyed a fine pre-season with Liverpool after a failed loan spell with West Brom, and is ready to challenge for a place in the first team again.

“I’ve never had any issues with anybody at the club,” he told ESPN. “I’ve never had any issues with the manager, with the staff. I love it here. I love the players, but sometimes you have to do something for you.

“It’s the same as, I don’t know, if you’ve been with a woman for a long time, and then you’re like, ‘Man, I don’t feel like it’s working out anymore.’ But then you go away, like, ‘Me and my girl’s relationship was kind of sweet still. I might have to go back there.’ It’s kind of like that.

“I don’t see myself going, but you never know what happens in the future. How I am now, I’m enjoying myself, and it’s a great vibe right now, so no complaints at all from me.

“Going away to West Brom, I learned, too. You learn things about football. You learn about yourself. You get to assess the situation from the outside, looking in.

“When you’re on the inside, there’s no other perspective but what you see on the inside. When you’re on the outside you get to look at things a little differently.

“How you can help, how you can fit in, how you can do certain things differently. So it was a good experience for me.”

If he has pulled himself together, keeps himself fit and chucks in 12-15 goals this season, fair fucks to the bloke.

Yeah, its a massive 'if' . But if we can piss on the guy with the quotes he is coming out with, and lets face it, footballers do not make great philosophers, if he knuckles down and gets on with it, we need to acknowledge that too.

Daniel Sturridge has likened Liverpool to a former girlfriend because Daniel Sturridge is mint.

Sturridge joined Liverpool in January 2013 and quickly established himself in the first team at Anfield.

He scored 35 goals in 49 games in his first season-and-a-half at the club, but was stopped in his tracks by a spate of injuries.

From 2014/15 to 2017/18, the 28-year-old has played just 98 games, scoring 28 goals.

But he has enjoyed a fine pre-season with Liverpool after a failed loan spell with West Brom, and is ready to challenge for a place in the first team again.

“I’ve never had any issues with anybody at the club,” he told ESPN. “I’ve never had any issues with the manager, with the staff. I love it here. I love the players, but sometimes you have to do something for you.

“It’s the same as, I don’t know, if you’ve been with a woman for a long time, and then you’re like, ‘Man, I don’t feel like it’s working out anymore.’ But then you go away, like, ‘Me and my girl’s relationship was kind of sweet still. I might have to go back there.’ It’s kind of like that.

“I don’t see myself going, but you never know what happens in the future. How I am now, I’m enjoying myself, and it’s a great vibe right now, so no complaints at all from me.

“Going away to West Brom, I learned, too. You learn things about football. You learn about yourself. You get to assess the situation from the outside, looking in.

“When you’re on the inside, there’s no other perspective but what you see on the inside. When you’re on the outside you get to look at things a little differently.

“How you can help, how you can fit in, how you can do certain things differently. So it was a good experience for me.”

...'The shit I've got to look forward to when my contract runs out at Liverpool'.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1022957081106821120

He's a good lad as the link above shows.

He always seems to have time for the fans (even away from cameras).

I know it's a massive set of "ifs" but if he can stay fit and get enough of a run of games to get sharp he will score like few players in the league.  

Not falling for any of this crap, I think Sturridge will offer nothing next season. In a couple of months he will be back to his default position of pulling a sickie on match-day. Runs his contract down and gets a last payday , Hope I'm wrong but his credibility is zero in my book.

He always seems to have time for the fans (even away from cameras).

I know it's a massive set of "ifs" but if he can stay fit and get enough of a run of games to get sharp he will score like few players in the league.  

Hopefully not cause that will mean the much superior Firmino is missing for a stretch of games and as we've seen with Sturridge he'll either not be available or be unable to run if 'fit'.

I can't believe so many still think Sturridge will be boss if he can stay fit.

Some proper desperate wives syndrome on here.

He is a waste of space and when we need him this season - which we will, he will let us down.

This isn't a case of writing a fella off who has had 1 maybe two bad years...it was 2014 the last time this wage thief was any use to us.

Hasn't been available in December for example in his career since 2011.

• Upvote 2