You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Floods

Oh Buoy

Its fucking awful. Spoke to a fella from Dunfermline today who said main roads have been closed to cars and can only be used by buses. The forth bridge is closed so traffics fucked anyway. Then this evening a housing officer from cockermouth in cumbria (that name still cracks me up) who said it is beyond comparison how bad it is there. 

I told them both it was blue skies on the south coast today. 

Never heard of no flooding in Dunfermline. And roads closed to cars but not buses. Sounds a bit fishy to me

Guest Pistonbroke

The weather is certainly playing up again, we had 16°C over here yesterday and it was 24°C in the Sun. Back to shitty rain and 6°C today. 

The biggest factor in flooding in Cumbria is sheep farming. If left to nature, that whole area would be forested. That in itself would probably be enough to slow the flow of water and prevent floods. But that's not going to happen any time soon.

The biggest factor in flooding in Cumbria is sheep farming. If left to nature, that whole area would be forested. That in itself would probably be enough to slow the flow of water and prevent floods. But that's not going to happen any time soon.

Are you laying blame again?

Jesus those bastards back in the 18th Century have a lot to answer for.

Fucking Desmond is causing a real mare. 

Was planning to travel up to Edinburgh on Friday and I'm waiting to see if there's any way National Rail will be able to fix any of the lines via Carlisle or via Newcastle before then. Looks like I may have to take the car and head up the east coast. 

Oh, and it's dead shit that half of the country has turned into the fucking sea. 

Desmond is a cunt. 

Why are you blaming me?

c4_desmonds1992b.jpg

Mate of mine had his house flooded in 2009 got it all fixed up , raised the the floor and had barriers installed to stop a repeat and last weekend flooded again.

Not sure what the poor bastard will do now. No one would insure the place after the last one and he can't sell it. It must be soul destroying to know if you fix it up it's just a matter of time before being hit again.

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Stickman said:

As Johnny Rotten famously said "ever get the feeling you've been cheated "

Although with a name like Vic Haddock I would have thought he'd be happy with a bit of flooding

Seen him on the news yesterday saying he'd done his bit by voting Tory. Now he'd like to see his mate Boris pay a visit and do his bit and he'd buy him a pint.

A £100bn + has just been earmarked for a railway that wont be much better than what we already have now while peanuts are given to flood victims. And this prick wants to buy him a pint. 

6 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Seen him on the news yesterday saying he'd done his bit by voting Tory. Now he'd like to see his mate Boris pay a visit and do his bit and he'd buy him a pint.

A £100bn + has just been earmarked for a railway that wont be much better than what we already have now while peanuts are given to flood victims. And this prick wants to buy him a pint. 

He's getting exactly what he voted for. Shouldn't he be looking after himself like Tories are always espousing? Build a boat if you are stuck and show that entrepreneurial spirit.