You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hidden gems who you think would improve us...

old skool tom

It seems that the Grosskreutz thing is happening, on a free by all accounts.

Still only 28 I think, can play either wing or right back. Good experience, knows how Klopp works, seems a canny signing in the 'hidden gem' category.

Others we should consider:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giacomo_Bonaventura

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahbi_Khazri

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raffael_Caetano_de_Ara%C3%BAjo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granit_Xhaka

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quincy_Promes

SMUG.

• Upvote 1

Viktor Fischer. He looked a far better player than Suso or Sterling in the next gen tournament a couple of years ago and his goal record in the Dutch league is good for a winger.

Viktor Fischer is boss. He seems to have recovered from a couple of bad injuries and is back playing well and scoring.

Markovic scored last night. Little dummy to go past the keeper then a neat finish on the angle. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back as I do think there is a player in there somewhere.

I like the Fischer shout, and also some whispers of Lucas Moura.

I don't know much about Grosskreutz but if he can boost numbers down the right flank and give Clyne a break then I'm all for it.

Markovic scored last night. Little dummy to go past the keeper then a neat finish on the angle. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back as I do think there is a player in there somewhere.

I like the Fischer shout, and also some whispers of Lucas Moura.

I don't know much about Grosskreutz but if he can boost numbers down the right flank and give Clyne a break then I'm all for it.

If that's the goal I saw I thought he pulled out of the 50/50 and the keeper, expecting impact, made a hash of it and let it go through him so Markovic put it into an empty net, albeit from a tight angle as you say.

Anwar El Ghazi. Tall, strong, skillful, plays on the wing for Ajax. Still pretty inconsistent but very Ronaldo-esque in the way he plays.

Great shout, he looks a top player.  

This one isn't really a "hidden gem" any more but if Arsenal or Tottenham get Michy Batshuayi from Marseilles then I will be really disappointed.  We have bought 2 Belgian strikers for 40m and somehow managed to not buy the one really good one.

• Upvote 1

Fuck gems. We can do that in the summer and beyond. Gems in most cases will disappoint.

We need proven and talented and experienced in the Champions League, as that's where we need to be.

Tell Dortmund to name their price for Gundogan and Aubameyang.

Tell PSG to name their price for Moura.

Job done.

Yeah, you've not been paying attention for the last 5 years or so have you.

• Upvote 1

Just watching this Leverkusen - Monchengladbach game and there are a couple of young Germans that look the business.  First is Mahmoud Dahoud, only 19 and looking very solid in midfield for the home side.  Second, and maybe even better is Jonathan Tah, apparently also 19 but looks tremendously composed at right centre back, a position we could certainly do with upgrading.

Edit: and as I type Javier Hernandez scores a fantastic goal after some good play in the box with Kiessling.  And another Kiessling goal again as I type, this time a Hyypia-esque header.  But anyway, I know he has the United connection but depending on the price we could do worse than to bring in the little Mexican Sigourney Weaver lookalike.  Looking devastating in the Bundesliga, still just 27 and would be a great backup option for Sturridge and is very good off the bench for those times when Daniel is fit.