You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) - 06/12/15

ZonkoVille77

This.

Newcastle are terrible, if we had started with Firmino in the middle between Lallana and Ibe we would have walked this game.  We had 60 minutes or so with 10 men, almost, Benteke was like a statue.

it's not about being tough games. We aren't really as good as the talk has been. We play well periodically and win well if every shot is good otherwise we are pretty average with a great manager who needs time.

Throwing footballers forward when you're chasing the game is one thing. (Skrtel is a footballer - just ask Man City.)

We were just hoofing it up to him. He got injured up there going for one collicini

Putting a lumpen caber of a man up top as a target for long-range hoofs is something different altogether.

The first 13 seconds were good but as soon as Milner clipped that corner straight to the feet of the first Newcastle defender I knew it was going to be a long day.

Indeed. Benteke looked a lost cause from the off, Wandering about like a headless chicken outside the box whilst Moreno worked his butt off to fire across the 8 yd area and then missing a sitter. 

I wouldn't mind if we had been unlucky today, and we were I suppose with disallowed goal, but we played so poorly doing the basic things like complete tossers, Yes it was a bad team selection but those players  should be ashamed of themselves. All that possession and they managed 1 shot on target against a very poor side 

Infuriating to lose to a bunch of chancers who turn it on when they're on TV. Having said that it's the story of the last few seasons; we get a bit of confidence up and then play terribly eg Villa at home innumerably and West Brom, too. The only consolation is that it will open Klopp's eyes to our weaknesses, if he wasn't aware of them anyway.

• Upvote 1

Thought Allen was the only player in midfielder to come away with any credit and even then you couldn't rate him any higher than a 4.

Dire performance from all involved made worse by the fact a load of Geordie lads are giving it the big one in our group chat. I'll let them have it because it's the first peep they've made all season.

I think one of the things with Skrtel is that when he has a great game, he is unbelievably good, I still remember his stepovers outside the Real Madrid box a few years ago. But when he is having a bad game, he is really all over the place and the problem is that this great/awful variation in performances, can be in the distance of 2-3 games. He is very talented and fearless but he has never been as consistent as Hyypia or Carragher. I don't think he is our major problem right now.

• Upvote 1

I think one of the things with Skrtel is that when he has a great game, he is unbelievably good, I still remember his stepovers outside the Real Madrid box a few years ago. But when he is having a bad game, he is really all over the place and the problem is that this great/awful variation in performances, can be in the distance of 2-3 games. He is very talented and fearless but he has never been as consistent as Hyypia or Carragher. I don't think he is our major problem right now.

Fearless is something I definitely wouldnt use to describe him! He's scared to death of footballers and footballs which is why he always tries to run away from it!

Untitled.png