You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) - 06/12/15

ZonkoVille77

Awful. That midfield was dire but he never had much choice did he. Henderson is not fully fit and on his own is not the answer. Benteke as has been mentioned is a good player, but not in the style we try/want to play. The manager will get it sorted, a lot of psychology with certain players, he's trying to get the best out of them because he has no other choice at the moment. He knows who will be gone even if they don't.

Milner, Lucas and Allen are nothing more than squad players. And hopefully they will be. Somewhere else eventually hopefully. Benteke is best when he doesn't try to complicate things and just reacts. Give him time to think and he's fucked. Astonishing yo think of the wage Milner is picking up, even though he was free. More astonishing to think City offered him more to stay.

Talk of Cricket scores and title wins at this stage need shelving. If that's for you then Sky on a Saturday morning is for you. Trekkers and megs and all that shit.

Horribly one-paced midfield and Benteke up front - gave Newcastle just what they needed to defend against today. Basically brought our home style and form against a team who were always going to play like the away team.

At least one of Can and Hendo a must in midfield when fit and available, as don't want to see Lucas, Allen and Milner together again in a hurry.

Much of that one on Klopp for me, slow to react too. He's not infallible so we have to expect days where it doesn't work, sure he'll put it right.

We just started poorly (spastic corner) and never once raised our game to deal with a shite Newcastle team as the grew in confidence.

The first 13 seconds were good but as soon as Milner clipped that corner straight to the feet of the first Newcastle defender I knew it was going to be a long day.

I posted at 3pm when the team was announced and said 'Don't like the look of that team, it lacks most of the things that have made us boss of late'....

Fucking hate being right here but it did.

Klopps first fuck up - why after employing a system away with such success did he go with what he went with today?

I realise no Cou and Can limited his options but he got it very wrong.

Lallana should have started he could have had a rest Thursday....surely Hendo had to replace Can - Allen, Lucas and Milner is an abysmal midfield.

Hopefully he learns from today and realises we haven't got as much depth as he thinks.

Really, really disappointing performance and result but one you could see coming with that 11.

Thursday was the time to leave our best players out, hope he does not make the mistake of playing them Thursday and then us having another line up next Sunday like this one.

A perfect example today of why title talk is beyond deluded - top 4 will be and always was a stretch, we are fine with our best side but the squad has a load of really mediocre players in it and when we miss key players the drop off is massive.

That side today lacked pace and power in the middle of the park and intelligence and movement up front.

It wasn't "just one of those days" or a "freak result" it was an accurate reflection on and performance for the quality of the side put out.

Allen, Lucas and Milner as a midfield week in week out would see us finish mid table.

Horribly one-paced midfield and Benteke up front - gave Newcastle just what they needed to defend against today. Basically brought our home style and form against a team who were always going to play like the away team.

At least one of Can and Hendo a must in midfield when fit, as don't want to see Lucas, Allen and Milner together again in a hurry.

Much of that one on Klopp for me, slow to react too. He's not infallible so we have to expect days where it doesn't work, sure he'll put it right.

well said Ben - I don't think we've got the tools in midfield to deliver consistently no matter who we select, and when Klopp makes a misjudgement (and the wrong selection), it will results in days like today.  Klopp, being a top class manager, will have fewer of these days than your average manager, but he's only human.

• Upvote 4

The insanity lies more in making 6 changes to a team that had just won 6-1.

Use Thursday to rest players.

Players are meant to build up minutes after injury - so an hour weds is a start and an hour or so today was the next step for sturridge not being benched. Not for my money anyway. Also makes little sense jibbing a striker who just banged in a hat trick against better opposition than we faced today.

Benteke and Allen are most to blame for this result. A team with Sturridge / Origi up front and Lallana, Firmino and Ibe behind, with Milner and Henderson in midfield would of allowed us to play high energy football, press high and go after them early.

Klopp played the wrong team and that midfield three were completely non existent the whole game. Newcastle had one of the worst opening 45 minutes i've ever seen, they could barely string a pass together. We could of been two or three up before half time if we took the bull by the horns. It was shambolic from start to finish.

• Upvote 1

Allen is a cunt faced wombat of a player, a horrible little diminutive dose of nothingness.

Fucking shite player.  Needs fucking off with the other two that ended that game in midfield in the summer.  £14million and he has no upper body strength.  He looked like he was thrown to the ground at one point in the first half when he bounced off a Newcastle player.

• Upvote 2

How the fuck have we lost to that shite? Were we too confident today or did the midweek game just take too much out of us?

I always say Ithink we struggle to score after a game when we've scored a hatful and today was no different but that performance and result is a massive disappointment.

Who knows but, you know your luck's not in when the lino flags a good goal offside when it isnt. Still, on today's performance we may still have got caught with that second breakaway goal.

I just dont rate benteke. He's not good enough in my opinion. True, he's scored one or two spectacular goals but he's just a more expensive version of emile heskey. He's too slow and has a poor touch. Mind, he wasnt blessed with service today but we looked a lot more threatening in front of goal when sturridge came on. Shame he's still ring rusty!

Did Firmino turn up today? I thought he was another massive disappointment today.

Moreno is no fullback. His defending and just basic skills of defending are shocking. The number of times he loses his man or goes flying past the man who's got the ball is a joke.

Its hard to be critical of Ibe. He saw a lot of the ball and got into some good positions but for whatever reasons today nearly every decision he made with the ball was poor. He'll learn though.

That's 3 points we dropped and we even had the luxury of playing downhill in the 2nd half. Guess it shows there's still masses of work to be done.

Well, onto the next game and looking for a victory!