You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) - 06/12/15

ZonkoVille77

Well I had a great time setting up the Southampton thread during the week. The result was just gorgeous. The missus didn't have to spend the night in the back garden so result all round.

I think these are pure shite and if we are at even 70% of our last few away performances we sound have enough to tonk these. Interesting to see the team as Klopp has a bit of a headache at the moment with everyone playing to or above a decent standard.

I'll go for a 1-3 win to us. Comfortable and effective.

• Upvote 2

Not sure who will be available. Sturridge is our best striker when fit but he just played an hour after being out for a long time. Can he play again so soon?  

Firmino has done well as a false 9 away to Chelsea and Man City, but even though this is away Newcastle represent a different test, so not sure on the need to be cagey or clever when we should bulldozer them... although beware being over-confident.

Origi surprised all of us against Southampton with a lovely hat-trick. He has pace to burn and his confidence must now be high.

Benteke has been in and out the team with a couple of niggly injuries, and even though he has scored some good goals you get the sense that he hasn't really got going because he hasn't yet found a partner, or found a way to work well with the whole team. I think there is more to come from him. In fact, there is more to come from all of them. It's an exciting time to be a red. 

I like the suggestion above - Sturridge and Origi up top, Benteke to replace Sturridge for the last 30 mins.   

Fingers crossed McClaren tries to go out with a blaze of glory and attacks, leaving lots of space in behind. He's all but gone anyway.

However, if they sit back then starting with Benteke makes sense. We should get some joy in the wide areas to whip in crosses and he could dominate Coloccini, who's been poor and was apparently due to be dropped.

Everything points to an easy win, so I'm expecting a drab niggly game that we fluke via a deflected shot off Allen's buttock which should've been disallowed due to three players standing offside. 

It's weird that all the things which make me nervous about this are all the things that should make me more confident.  Looking at the two teams, the only question should be how many we win by - and that worries me.  I can't control the cycle from confidence, into over-confidence, into complacency, into AAARRGGHHHH!

Football is stupid.

• Upvote 1

Benteke's looked a bit poor in his last two games. I'd bring him off from the bench for this one, throw himself about when their backline has been worn out a bit, ditto Firminho. Start Sturridge up front with Milner Lallana and Ibe behind him. Lucas and Henderson in the centre. Would have preferred to see Coutinho and Firmino start, but Cous hamstrings are a bit rusty, and Firmino also looked a bit poo recently.

Newcastle actually have some half decent attacking players like Wijnaldum, Perez and Cisse when he's on form. Problem for them is they're defensively one of the worst teams in the league.

If we attack with pace and power like we did against Southampton we should blow them away. Original should be given a chance to get his first premier league goal.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk