You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 (Dec 2 2015)

tlw content

southamptonreport2.jpg

Opposing teams are happier to have the bailiffs visiting them than Kloppo's boys at the moment. We might be struggling at home, but on our travels we’re downright fucking scary now. 3-1 at Chelsea, 4-1 at City and now this? THIS?? I don’t think it’s even possible to overstate the incredible impact Klopp has had in such a short space of time, I’ve never seen anything like it.

Think back to the performances at Stoke, United and Everton and then look at us now. Has there ever been a more spectacular transformation than this? Six months or so back we were losing by this score at Stoke. Look at us now, with our fancy “gegenpressing” and devastating counter attacks. All of a sudden, we’re fucking ace. It's like 2014 only with a reliable defence and no Suarez. Damn, if we still had Suarez we'd be hitting ten every week. I'm serious, I mean if we can hit six with Origi...

Southampton are a good team. Not a great one, but they’re good and they were virtually at full strength. We had a load of regulars either missing or left on the bench, and we conceded a really bad goal after just 41 seconds. I’d thought we had our hands full as soon as I saw the two line ups, but after going behind so early I’ll be honest, I didn’t see us winning this one at all, let alone winning it in the way we did. Hell, I can hardly believe it even now.

Of course we’ve all said for 18 months that with Daniel Sturridge on the field anything is possible, and this proves it. It’s funny really, had he not missed so many games Rodgers would never have been replaced and Klopp would be sitting tight waiting for the Real Madrid or Chelsea job to become vacant. That’s definitely the silver lining to the dark cloud of Sturridge’s injury problems, but now we just need him on the bloody pitch, because let's face it, he’s brilliant.

Some players need time to hit form when they come back from injury layoffs, but Sturridge is just such a natural that he doesn’t even need any time (last season notwithstanding as he was never right). It’s almost as though he’s never even been away as his performance in the hour he played was just fucking filthy. He was on another level to everyone else on the field and - despite the big contributions throughout the team - he’s the reason we won the game.

We’d started so badly and in the opening ten minutes we were all over the place. Southampton had identified Randall as the weak link and were feeding Tadic as much as possible. The goal had come down that flank although it wasn’t Randall who allowed the cross, that was Emre Can who turned his back on it. Moreno fell asleep in the middle and allowed the odious Mane a free header and that summed up out opening ten minutes. He's a twat that Mane, always diving all the place, no wonder the Mancs want him so bad, he'll fit right in there.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the article

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Explosive starts are the key at Anfield, I reckon. That and getting players in and around the penalty area. If we have tricky fuckers with quick feet like Sturridge, Coutinho, Firmino and Ibe playing pinball stuff in the final third, then the goals and/or penalties will come. That will draw opponents out and then the door's open and we're away. If BR could do it, Kloppo certainly can. Obviously he hasn't got the god-like talent of Luis, but the way he's got these mere mortals playing away from home bodes pretty fucking well in my view.

Love it Dave, Just hope your crystal ball is off whack when you entered Nov 14th in your diary!

"We all know how this will play out now. Klopp will ease him back from the bench in a couple of games, then he'll start a game and blow the bloody doors off with two or three great goals, we'll all get excited and then he'll have six weeks off with a sore toe and come back at some point in January, just in time for us to not sign a striker. Either that or he'll break down in training after a week."

It's started as you predicted.......nooooooo!!!!!

We got a fair amount of set piece goals to get us on the way in the 13-14 season I seem to recall. Or genius from Suarez, of course.

I agree early goals are key to the home form.

Yep. Set pieces are a big issue that needs sorting. Aerially we should be a huge threat and technically we should have loads of options for the deliveries. And yet we're shite at them.

Yep. Set pieces are a big issue that needs sorting. Aerially we should be a huge threat and technically we should have loads of options for the deliveries. And yet we're shite at them.

You'd think Coutinho and Sturridge depending on the side could have a decent attempt at curling one into the top corner too. Maybe Benteke on the occasional pile driver.

Hopefully we never see a free kick with a choice of Milner and Moreno standing over the ball ever again.

It was a truly great moment from Can. However, I was heartened today to read that Kloppo described him as a 21 year old who plays like he's 18 much of the time. I agree. He's utterly without a thought in his head too many times which, in relation to his talent, is fucking infuriating.

• Upvote 1

Great read that,what kloppo has done in such a short space of time is truly amazing,two months ago you looked at the team and thought,we've only got one decent player and he looks he doesn't give a fuck! Now,the whole team look like fuck'n world beaters! Lallana is a technically gifted dirk kuyt!

• 8 months later...