You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (A)- 02/12/15 - Football LC Quarters

ZonkoVille77

Tomorrows headline prediction:  KLOPP THAT!

The sensible part of me is saying I've seen so many false dawns in recent years, it's very early days for the manager and we need to see how things are going when he's been here a year and we've had a couple of transfer windows.  The fan though, that guy thinks he might be watching the start of something very special.

• Upvote 1

Tomorrows headline prediction:  KLOPP THAT!

The sensible part of me is saying I've seen so many false dawns in recent years, it's very early days for the manager and we need to see how things are going when he's been here a year and we've had a couple of transfewr windows.  The fan though, that guy thinks he might be watching the start of something very special.

As ever it's going to be down to that ultimately, isn't it.

If he's as competent at player transfers as he is everything else, then it's sex piss time.

Completely share your excitement at what we're seeing in the meanwhile.  He fits us like a glove.

As ever it's going to be down to that ultimately, isn't it.

If he's as competent at player transfers as he is everything else, then it's sex piss time.

Yeah it's always down to that ultimately.  Thing is, we've got a manager with an international reputation who players seem to love, surely a draw for players that we might pursue.

In other news, Can's ball with the outside of the boot for Sturridge's goal was fucking outrageous.

• Upvote 1

Yeah it's always down to that ultimately.  Thing is, we've got a manager with an international reputation who players seem to love, surely a draw for players that we might pursue.

In other news, Can's ball with the outside of the boot for Sturridge's goal was fucking outrageous.

It was the Sex

Yeah it's always down to that ultimately. Thing is, we've got a manager with an international reputation who players seem to love, surely a draw for players that we might pursue.

That ball from Can reminded me of an almost identical one Gerrard played to Sturridge against Fulham a few years back.

That ball from Can reminded me of an almost identical one Gerrard played to Sturridge against Fulham a few years back.

Nah.

Gerrard had 20 yards to put the ball into. Can's was on a sixpence so the striker didn't have to break stride for a first time finish.

• Upvote 1

Jawohl!

Fabulous stuff, Klopp looks destined for legendary status.

ha ha here we go.

when did we start making managers deity before they achieve anything other than some brilliant results.

If we herald every manager who comes in eventually one of them will win us the league and we wont look like twats again.

lets just enjoy it without declaring this is definitely the one this time.

Wow. Just fantastic. Couple of changes to freshen things up and give one or two a rest. Very disappointing opening, but what a response! 6-1 away to Southampton is excellent.

Lovely to see Sturridge get more time on his way back. Two lovely goals in quick succession, showing us what we've been missing. He's got such quality that if we can keep him on the pitch for a good part of the rest of the season (stop laughing!) you would think that almost anything can happen.

But hang on. What about Origi? Take a bow son. Good touch, intentional, for the first. Moreno's shot might have gone in anyway, or the keeper might have saved. Origi's touch took it under his body. His second goal was something else. Pace, power, and what a shot. It looked like a finish by Aguero. And the third showed us he can do it in the air too. (Great cross from Smith).

When we bought Origi we were excited after a positive introduction at the World Cup. A spell out on loan made sense - build up some know how, and come to Liverpool ready to make your mark. But then he arrived and looked well short of what we thought we were getting. To say he looked raw would be an understatement.

Well, today's performance showed the lad does have something about him, and with Klopp's training and man-management, who knows what he might become? Exciting times.

I won't go right down through the team. It was just a very good display. Ibe's chest down was angled perfectly. A slight slip meant he almost didn't get the shot off, but he wanted it and got to the ball and rifled a shot into the bottom corner.

The reds are coming up the hill.

• Upvote 1

Smith looked good when he came on. Pretty sure we only saw him once under Rodgers but he looked a different player completely, didn't realise he was so quick.

Ibe is going to be the player we hoped Sterling would become too and no reason Origi couldn't go on to be a great player with Klopp's guidance. Allen had a great game too and Lallana looks a different player.

Enrique and Lovren are our only players I'd rather not see on our team-sheet but even the latter looks steadier under Klopp. Excited to see what the manager can do with our current players and the players we bring in.

Hendo is going to kick on big time, same with Can, Lucas is undroppable and Milner and Allen are great options to have too. I'd like to see us get a real world-class midfilder but I hope Klopp can persuade the likes of Allen to stick around as a squad player. Same with Lallana who you imagine wont start as much if Sturridge stays fit and once Firimno settles fully.

Klopp will bring us the title within 3 seasons. I'm even considering a tenner on us now but maybe I'm drunk on class football and gin.

• Upvote 1

Hope so mate.

The stunning quality of that pass putting Sturridge through for a goal took me back to when Stevie played him a peach away at Fulham in that 3-2...* sobs *