You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (A)- 02/12/15 - Football LC Quarters

ZonkoVille77

Can't see a thread, and can't remember if I've ever started a match thread so here's hoping I'm not bad luck.

I hope the wind dies down to slightly warmer moderate breeze, so that the crowd don't need to snuggle together for heat.

Hoping for some shoulder to shoulder camaraderie, with pleasant songs ringing all around the stadium.

It would be nice for the match officials to get involved with the spirit of the occasion and smile from time to time.

A narrow 2-1 win for us would keep me happy and prevent me from throwing the missus out to the back garden overnight.

• Upvote 2

I can see this game going to extra time, I fancy Sturridge to score late on and think we will get through.

I had a look for threads about Clyne or Lovren but can't find any recent ones, I said all summer Clyne would be our best signing and he hasn't let me down, top class player.On Lovren I think we are finally seeing the real him, he looks confident and has some protection in front of him now.If he keeps up his good form Sakho shouldnt go straight back in to the team when he returns, it's early days but I think Lovren will continue to

improve.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not exactly the strongest of line-ups, but could be a decent strategy of reversing the pressure onto them. Just hope we can stay in the game till we are able to throw Firmino, Benteke and Hendo to hopefully make the difference late on. Randall and Origi don't exactly fill me with confidence.