You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NO MORE FLAGS ON THE KOP

kop77

My quote in relation to the complainant throwing in the 'race card ' was a metaphor. If there had been no disabled support involved here then this guys complaint wouldn't have gone anywhere. Her husband who in my opinion is a moaning cunt ( who the fuck goes crying to the club/police just cos someone told them to fuck off? Maybe your that type of person Tuebrook and thats why you sympathise with the guy?) has used the fact his wife is disabled to add weight to his complaint.

Making inferences about someone you've never met seems consistent with taking sides in an altercation you weren't present at.

You keep playing down one side (he just told him to "fuck off")  and playing up the other (he went crying to the Police because there was a banner in his way).  If it really was as one-sided as that, I doubt it would have got as far as banning and tags and all the rest.

But then, I'm only guessing - as are you.  I just don't understand how you can take sides so vehemently, when you really don't know what happened.

• Upvote 2

Just to put my 2p in as a disabled supporter.  If someone told me to fuck off, I would just reply telling him to fuck off.  If he told me to fuck off and referred to my disability, I would tell him I had a bigger knob than him and that his Girlfriend/Wife/Ma can confirm this.

In short as someone who has been called some terrible names in the past ( some probably deserved - as I'm no angel ) Stick and stones and all that. I hate the sanitisation of the match and society as a whole - you cant look at a spaz sideways nowadays!!! 

• Upvote 3

He didn't really just say ' fuck off '' though, did he? It's interesting that you ' reckon it's a lie ' that he made reference to saying he wants to get wheelchair users moved. I'm assuming there were witnesses there who could corroborate this as he's been found guilty.

Indeed, one witness, a woman, who asked him to cut out the swearing got told to " fucking piss off ".

So he's kicked off on a man in his 60's with his disabled wife and a woman there with her disabled husband. He's also made a bellend out of himsef for talking about the traditions of the club to a fella who has been going to the game since the 60's. This is a 20 year old lad from Durham saying this.

Look, if he said this to another 20 year old lad then it probably wouldn't have gone any further. Swearing and behaving in a threatening manner to people in their 60's when you're a 6"4 20 year old is going to get you into trouble.

From the Echo:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/anfield-man-banned-football-matches-10382004

The court heard the offending banner was raised directly in front of the disabled supporters in the Kop - fans often raise banners at that spot but normally take them down as soon as the players come on to the pitch but on this occasion it did not, even though people were asking.

His wife Laura is a wheelchair user and was watching the game from the stadium’s disabled bay told the court she could hear “swearing” and saw that Poulter was angry.

Mr Higham said he felt “threatened and intimidated” by six foot four Poulter, who had been cautioned in 2013 for attempting to take smoke pellets into a game at Wigan’s DW Stadium.

He claimed that Poulter said: “We have been trying to get you wheelchair users moved for some time, and we will keep trying.”

Mary Baker, a witness who had been watching the game with her disabled husband, told the court she saw part of the argument and told Poulter to “cut out” the swearing.

However she says Poulter told her to “f***** p*** off”.

Just to put my 2p in as a disabled supporter.  If someone told me to fuck off, I would just reply telling him to fuck off.  If he told me to fuck off and referred to my disability, I would tell him I had a bigger knob than him and that his Girlfriend/Wife/Ma can confirm this.

In short as someone who has been called some terrible names in the past ( some probably deserved - as I'm no angel ) Stick and stones and all that. I hate the sanitisation of the match and society as a whole - you cant look at a spaz sideways nowadays!!!

Exactly and this is what really gets my back up and why I got so embroiled in this debate( I never normally post)

Everyone get so offended and takes the moral high ground just because someone's starts swearing. For example the other witness, what business of hers was it to stick her nose in but I can imagine it now tut tut tut stop swearing. If your arguing with someone and some other nosey parker starts tut tutting and poking her nose in then natural reaction to me would be tell them to fuck off and mind their own business.

The article says after 1st home game they shook hands, so why then has this guy still pressed charges n turned up in court and gave his evidence? It's because he wanted him prosecuted, no need for it in my opinion but again a sad indictment of society today. It's not like he threatened him or assaulted him is it? They have had words and he made the fatal mistake of using foul language.

Would this have happened 25 yrs ago? No way and what marko says re the match and society in general becoming sanitised is the reason why. It's no coincidence that the atmosphere is non existent and this is largely down to the 'type ' of people who now go the match. It's full of the type of people who would press charges against someone who dares to use profanity towards them.

Would an arl arse docker in his 60's have pressed charges against someone for telling him to fuck off? Not a fuckin chance! He'd have probably given him a crack n that would have been the end of it!

That's my last post on the subject.

Just to put my 2p in as a disabled supporter. If someone told me to fuck off, I would just reply telling him to fuck off. If he told me to fuck off and referred to my disability, I would tell him I had a bigger knob than him and that his Girlfriend/Wife/Ma can confirm this.

In short as someone who has been called some terrible names in the past ( some probably deserved - as I'm no angel ) Stick and stones and all that. I hate the sanitisation of the match and society as a whole - you cant look at a spaz sideways nowadays!!!

Exactly and this is what really gets my back up and why I got so embroiled in this debate( I never normally post)

Everyone get so offended and takes the moral high ground just because someone's starts swearing. For example the other witness, what business of hers was it to stick her nose in but I can imagine it now tut tut tut stop swearing. If your arguing with someone and some other nosey parker starts tut tutting and poking her nose in then natural reaction to me would be tell them to fuck off and mind their own business.

That's my last post on the subject.

If some 20 year old lad was having a pop at some 60 year old fella and his mrs then I'd stick my nose in as well. The fact that most people don't/wouldn't is exactly what is wrong with society today.

Smoke pellets, banners, this lad sounds like the sort we need on the fucking Kop.

Can well imagine his diatribe at the 60 year old fella was that he was part of the arl arses who turn up and sit on their hands, complaining its not like it used to be.

Or he's a wanker, because that sits better with people.

And maybe he is. And maybe he isn't.

I think he's Jack's burning despair at the shit atmosphere and the feeling that nobody else cares enough.

And it seems absurdly ironic that they are successfully making a case against the lad based on the lad's physical features. He's been born big, ergo it's acceptable to presume he's violent and about to beat everyone up.

Anyway, let's be having them daily mail negs.

• Upvote 1

Disableds are supposed to be pitch side - why is this even a thing???

Swearing should be allowed at all times. It's footy fuckoff you cunts. 

Flares and mentalness to be encouraged and rewarded with goals and appearing on highlights DVD/ Match of the cunt etc

Cool Flag = free entry. Yes I said free. 

HD CCTV to weed out the non-singers and silent but deadly brigade. 

No more operation anfield fucking exercise buzz kill announcement. 

I find it quite ironic that there are so many fans up in arms over the fact that the tradition of flags and banners on the kop is under threat when it is a relatively new thing. When the Kop was a terraced stand there where no flags or banners as you weren't allowed them in the ground. The flags and banners have only started after the 2005 final. What's more if fans want to show their support for the team then why don't they leave their flags at home and instead of their 5 minutes of flag waving before the game actually do what the Kop traditionally done and sing and make some noise during the match.

• Upvote 1

I find it quite ironic that there are so many fans up in arms over the fact that the tradition of flags and banners on the kop is under threat when it is a relatively new thing. When the Kop was a terraced stand there where no flags or banners as you weren't allowed them in the ground. The flags and banners have only started after the 2005 final. What's more if fans want to show their support for the team then why don't they leave their flags at home and instead of their 5 minutes of flag waving before the game actually do what the Kop traditionally done and sing and make some noise during the match.

Agree about the singing but that isn't really true about the flags and banners is it....it happened in the 70's and 80's and even the early 90's.

Agree about the singing but that isn't really true about the flags and banners is it....it happened in the 70's and 80's and even the early 90's.

Maybe 1 or 2 but there wasn't that many it was scarfs that people held over their head during ynwa. You weren't allowed them in the ground.