You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NO MORE FLAGS ON THE KOP

kop77

I'm sorry but is it just me that would have been happy to see this lad thrown down a well or something?

I read about it at the time, this was my favourite comment:

Poulter admitted telling Mr Higham: "This is the Kop, this is our tradition, this is what we do, if you don't like it there's the door you can fuck off."

Poulter is a 20 year old lad from County Durham who moved to Liverpool to be closer to the club he apparently loves so dearly.  The bloke he told to fuck off is 61, has been going to Anfield since he was eight and had complained because his disabled wife's view of Gerrard coming out for his last ever game at Anfield was being blocked by a banner.  Same lad previously having been cautioned for trying to take smoke bombs into a game, no doubt in another attempt to demonstrate his deep understanding of the club and it's history.

Oh and his defence was that he felt 'intimidated' by the 61 year old bloke and his wheelchair-bound wife.  The lad is 20 and 6'4".

Sorry but in my book he deserved everything he got, fucking gobshite.  It's only a shame that someone didn't give the cunt a slap as well.

• Upvote 18

Sorry but in my book he deserved everything he got, fucking gobshite.  It's only a shame that someone didn't give the cunt a slap as well.

I disagree. This incident could easily be resolved. No need for anyone to be slapped or involving the courts.

• Upvote 2

when you've paid good money for a seat and some gobshite is waving a flag in front of you, it's a pain in the arse.  Might look good on the telly but shit for the fans around the flags. 

Remember being in Prague a few years back and, having paid £54 when the home fans paid £4 (that's a different argument)  and having all these fucking banners in our way...."French Reds" and all that shite like "Believe"....

the flags, the banners, the standing, all part of some fake gobshitery abut how Liverpool used to be and trying to falsely recreate it....the song "Kopites are gobshites" originated in the Anny Road in the late 70s as a reaction to how cliché ridden Liverpool fans had become....this dichotomy has become  more prevalent today

its the fucking kop lad if you don't want a flag in front of you chose one of 3 other stands.

all we ask  for is one end of the ground where we can enjoy ourselves and keep alive a long tradition,

or maybe you want Chelsea style club flag wavers  around the pitch   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

its the fucking kop lad if you don't want a flag in front of you chose one of 3 other stands.

all we ask  for is one end of the ground where we can enjoy ourselves and keep alive a long tradition,

or maybe you want Chelsea style club flag wavers  around the pitch   

There are disabled people that wish to view the game and there are limited spaces for them to do so at Anfield

As I have said before, the whole situation could have been handled better by the club, the gentleman involved, and the couple.

There are disabled people that wish to view the game and there are limited spaces for them to do so at Anfield

As I have said before, the whole situation could have been handled better by the club, the gentleman involved, and the couple.

just to remind you flags and banners are only displayed before the game.  

so anyone complaining are out of order   

just to remind you flags and banners are only displayed before the game.  

so anyone complaining are out of order   

And what about the incident at the Palace game?

From what I can see the club should have organised this a bit better from the start, the disabled fans should be given an unobstructed view at all times and the complaints from the man and wife should have been dealt with without the need for the police

• Upvote 1

Why is it the kop could be full of flags and banners in the 70's 80's and 90's without all this shite.

Because it wasn't full of the type of people who run n tell the police just because some one told them to fuck off.

Well, apart from the bloke here who had been going to games at Anfield since 1968.

This game was obviously a special situation being Gerrards last match. I expect that usually the disabled fans just suck it up when they see fuck all before the game kicks off, probably helped by the fact that they will be so used to being treated as second class citizens in so many other areas of life that one more isn't going to make much difference.  Fucking disabled cunts, always moaning aren't they? :rolleyes:

On this occasion though, I can certainly understand why those fans would want to see the pitch before the game.  I would hope anybody with half a brain could. I can also understand why the game would be one where everybody wanted to get their flags and banners up to give the captain a send-off to remember.

Ultimately, the club have responsibility for balancing those two contradicting impulses.  Disabled fans pay for their ticket same as anybody else does and I don't hapen to think it's outrageous for them to expect to be able to see something as momentous as one of the greatest players ever to pull on the shirt making his farewell appearance, yes even before the game kicks off.  Equally the club trades on the history of the Kop and images of its banners and flags, so can't really be asking people not to wave them.  Frankly it's a joke that this ever became an issue to begin with and reflects the fact that many clubs are happy to just pay lip service to the needs of disabled fans.

None of that changes the fact that some 20 year old meff from Smogland telling a bloke who had been going to Anfield for 25 years before he was born to fuck off just because his disabled wife had the audacity to want to see the last captain to lift the European Cup for us make his final bow is out of order.  It's not like she could just jump up and move, she's in a fucking wheelchair for God's sake.

Even if you don't think the message itself was out of order, the manner of the delivery certainly was.  My mum isn't much older than this bloke's wife and if someone spoke to her like that, even at a football match, the only problem he would have been having with his banner for the forseeable future would have been waiting for a surgeon to remove it from his colon.

However the club do seem to be over-reacting now with talk of registration schemes and so on.  If they can't find a way to deal with the issue without that, it's a pretty poor reflection on them.

• Upvote 11

Nowhere in the article does it state the lad was abusive to the lady in the wheelchair. Nowadays people just love to moan and complain and in my opinion the guy siezed this opportunity to have a good moan with both hands.

So what you can't see, neither can the 100's under the surfer flag at any one time or all the others behind banners but it's no big deal because the game hasn't started. If you want a perfect unobstructed view at all times then watch it on the telly.

If you choose to go in the kop you should be willing to take part and if you choose not to fair enough but don't moan like fuck when others want to. This is a major part of why the kop is doomed now, because too many people don't want to take part and get behind the team.

This situation has been blown out of all proportion, the way I see it the guy had a moan n the young lad told him to fuck off. The guys pissed off at being told to do one, so has put in a major complaint to the club who because it indirectly involved a disabled supporter has then got the police involved. The guy has thrown the 'race card' in to add weight to his complaint and the club n police have treated it like a hate crime.

Just for telling someone to fuck off this lad is now banned from the game, got a criminal record n has to wear a tag. The article states that at 1st home game they shook hands, so that should have been the end of it but cos the guy has probably made a formal complaint by then it was to late.

I know who I'd rather have in the kop, someone who wants to sing, wave flags n get behind the reds or someone who just wants to sit in silence n watch game n moan at others trying to keep our traditions alive.

In his complaint the man states that the lad says 'we've been trying to get rid of these wheelchairs for ages'. I reckon this is a lie that he's added to add more weight to his complaint. Even if the lad thought that I can't see anyone actually coming out and saying it.

The club are two faced bastards, on one hand they want to drive the lads who fly flags n try n sing/stand out of the club, yet I seen yesterday a fuckin pair of pyjamas they sell with ' make me dream on the front' I wonder where they got that from!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Nowhere in the article does it state the lad was abusive to the lady in the wheelchair. Nowadays people just love to moan and complain and in my opinion the guy siezed this opportunity to have a good moan with both hands.

So what you can't see, neither can the 100's under the surfer flag at any one time or all the others behind banners but it's no big deal because the game hasn't started. If you want a perfect unobstructed view at all times then watch it on the telly.

If you choose to go in the kop you should be willing to take part and if you choose not to fair enough but don't moan like fuck when others want to. This is a major part of why the kop is doomed now, because too many people don't want to take part and get behind the team.

This situation has been blown out of all proportion, the way I see it the guy had a moan n the young lad told him to fuck off. The guys pissed off at being told to do one, so has put in a major complaint to the club who because it indirectly involved a disabled supporter has then got the police involved. The guy has thrown the 'race card' in to add weight to his complaint and the club n police have treated it like a hate crime.

Just for telling someone to fuck off this lad is now banned from the game, got a criminal record n has to wear a tag. The article states that at 1st home game they shook hands, so that should have been the end of it but cos the guy has probably made a formal complaint by then it was to late.

I know who I'd rather have in the kop, someone who wants to sing, wave flags n get behind the reds or someone who just wants to sit in silence n watch game n moan at others trying to keep our traditions alive.

In his complaint the man states that the lad says 'we've been trying to get rid of these wheelchairs for ages'. I reckon this is a lie that he's added to add more weight to his complaint. Even if the lad thought that I can't see anyone actually coming out and saying it.

The club are two faced bastards, on one hand they want to drive the lads who fly flags n try n sing/stand out of the club, yet I seen yesterday a fuckin pair of pyjamas they sell with ' make me dream on the front' I wonder where they got that from!

The only other area for wheelchair bound fans to watch the game is the Anny Road. If all the tickets there have gone, are they supposed to miss the fucking game altogether and stay out the kop?

How much of a fucking eejit are you?

• Upvote 1

The only other area for wheelchair bound fans to watch the game is the Anny Road. If all the tickets there have gone, are they supposed to miss the fucking game altogether and stay out the kop?

How much of a fucking eejit are you?

Do me a favour and show me where I said that wheelchair bound fans shouldn't be in the kop?

What I said was if you choose to go in the kop, regardless if you are wheelchair bound or able bodied then don't moan if some body does what they have been doing for the last 10/20/30/40/50 yrs. I.E wave a flag that may obstruct your view for a min or put a scarf up. What's next no more scarf held up during you'll never walk alone, in case someone view is obstructed for few mins.

• Upvote 1

If this was the majority of wheelchair bound fans saying they had a problem with their views being obstructed with the banners then fair enough, I'd then agree a alternative solution should be looked into.

What we have here is 1 person who kicked up a major fuss over fuck all(it wasn't even the lady in the wheelchair complaining). Who's to say this guy isn't a serial complainer who likes to moan over everything, there are plenty of people like that out there.

As far as I am aware no other wheelchair bound supporters have complained before. Maybe they are reasonable enough to cope with an obstructed view for a short period to be part of the spectacle, The same as the 1000's of non wheelchair bound fans who's views are obstructed being under the surfer flag or behind banners n scarfs.

• Upvote 1

Devil's Advocate living up to his name , there.

You suppose that the bloke who was found guilty did nothing wrong and that the wheelchair user was just a moaning cunt who wants everyone to sit in silence. Where are you getting this from? Were you there? Do you know the people involved?

Or are you just spouting shite?

Edit - And where does "the race card" come into it?

• Upvote 1

Devil's Advocate living up to his name , there.

You suppose that the bloke who was found guilty did nothing wrong and that the wheelchair user was just a moaning cunt who wants everyone to sit in silence. Where are you getting this from? Were you there? Do you know the people involved?

Or are you just spouting shite?

Edit - And where does "the race card" come into it?

My quote in relation to the complainant throwing in the 'race card ' was a metaphor. If there had been no disabled support involved here then this guys complaint wouldn't have gone anywhere. Her husband who in my opinion is a moaning cunt ( who the fuck goes crying to the club/police just cos someone told them to fuck off? Maybe your that type of person Tuebrook and thats why you sympathise with the guy?) has used the fact his wife is disabled to add weight to his complaint.

Let's say supporter A blocks supporter B's view and supporter B protests but is told to fuck off by supporter A. Supporter B then goes to the club and makes a complaint, what do you think would happen? In my opinion fuck all would happen.

I wasn't privy to the incident and don't know any of the parties involved but have formed my own opinion based on the report in the echo.

Tuebrook have you never had a disagreement with somebody and told them to fuck off? If you have and had this person then reported it to the police and claimed your actions caused them distress(and there was witnesses to the heinous crime) and pressed charges then you would be charged with same offence this guy was. You could then be found guilty of said offence n receive a criminal record.

I don't believe this lad should have been banned from the game, receive a criminal record and have to wear a tag because for me the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

Let's also be clear that nowhere on the report does it state this lad was abusive to the disabled supporter, if he was then clearly he would have then crossed the line.

• Upvote 1

I would assume that the disabled supporter has had her view blocked by flags all season because of where she is sat and not complained. Is it really that unreasonable to request for the flag bearer to maybe move so that she can she Stevie coming out on his final game?

As others have said, this could have been handled much better by both sides and this needs sorting now as it is just dragging on when it doesn't need to.