You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benteke

kirkbyred1

I said that after Klopps first game where everyone was saying that we would be running like that every game,I disagreed and have been proved right.

My bad rep started on here when I said Mignoelt should be sold in his first season here and it got worse for saying BR should have been allowed to see this season out.Nothing needs to be said about Mignolet and sacking BR has fucked up a season where we should have been getting fourth atleast.The only positives from sacking BR early are Klopp has time to assess his squad, it's cost us millions to sack BR and appoint Klopp and we have nothing to show for it.Theres two cl places available and that won't be the case for a long time to come, the owners must be pissed but they brought it on themselves.

I'm not being arrogant but I did say how the last 2 seasons would go during the summer windows before they started, that's why I trust my own opinion even when others say I'm wrong.

no trouts for tickling today?  

• Upvote 2

I'm not being arrogant but I did say how the last 2 seasons would go during the summer windows before they started, that's why I trust my own opinion even when others say I'm wrong.

What are you talking about? you were on here a few weeks before Rodgers was sacked telling everyone that FSG wouldn't sack him.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

JP using his powers of premonition to predict the 2015/2016 season -

Hopefully the guy who wrote this is well sourced as if Rodgers is getting 45m not including sales we will be considerably stronger next season and my slight hopes of a serious title challenge will improve.  

JP on his expectations for 2015/2016 during the summer window -

Fourth will be the lowest we will finish, if we come through the first seven away games and are not far off first we will challenge for the title.

JP on the prospect of Rodgers being sacked -

That sounds pretty clear to me that BR won't be going anywhere anytime soon, I've been saying for months that's what the owners like to do as even under Hodgson when fans were pissed from the moment the owners took over they wanted to wait and believed in stability which they came out and said.

It would take a worse first half of the season then last season for him to be sacked earlier as even last season we were still in with a shout of cl at January, I can't see that happening at all but if it does even I will agree he should go.
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

If we had kept Rodgers on there was no real indication that we would get top four this season. The wheels seemed to be falling off last season. 

I can understand the argument that says since he started this season in the hot-seat he should have been given a bit longer. I have some sympathy with that line of thought myself. But I think what happened was that Klopp was unavailable in the summer and then his intended one year sabbatical was cut short when he agreed to come to us. It's likely that we saw a potential managerial merry-go-round brewing, with a few big jobs opening up in the near future. In light of this we acted decisively by appointing Klopp and letting Rodgers go. 

I'm fine with that.

Top four is still not gone this season, as it happens, but my suspicion is we will finish 5th or 6th as Klopp makes a thorough assessment of his current players while also biding his time for the right players he wants to be available in the summer. 

This is a reasonable strategy. Most people feel the spine of the team needs to be strengthened. Looks like Klopp is working on that, with Grujic and Matip scheduled to come in summer. And in the meantime we are making judicious use of the loan system with signing Caulker as we are in such a bind right now. 

• Upvote 1

assist but pure andy carroll for that ibe cross. hes waiting at the edge of the area instead of moving towards goal.

he wanted it played into the space rather than have to battle for it in the air. He's scored a good few from there, and I don't think he did anything wrong on that occasion.  Ibe should have seen him and made the pass.

he wanted it played into the space rather than have to battle for it in the air. He's scored a good few from there, and I don't think he did anything wrong on that occasion. Ibe should have seen him and made the pass.

it would've had to be some pass. the path to him was pretty crowded I thought. he just doesnt have that instinct we need. it was exactly the same with carroll. he was rarely where he needed to be.

it would've had to be some pass. the path to him was pretty crowded I thought. he just doesnt have that instinct we need. it was exactly the same with carroll. he was rarely where he needed to be.

I think this is a good point but I will say that it seems the rare times he does charge the spot or the 6 yard box no one expects him too. This results in the cross or pass being either out of his reach because it was intended for another player or if I remember correctly to where he just was a few times this season.

Unfortunately for him, he's the striker that isn't scoring enough goals so if he wants to stay here he needs to forge and understanding with those around him. It works both ways to an extent but he's the odd one of the bunch so for me it would behoove him to adjust to their style rather than expect the rest of them to adjust to his.

If we got runners into the box simultaneously with balls played into Benteke we might get a few goals, like Allen's last night. That's how Lallana scored most of his, with Lambert flicking on balls played to him.

That was how Klopp set that up, look at the instructions he's giving Allen before he sends him. Allen also missed a sitter that Coutinho set up for him. Just get player in there at the same time we get to Benteke and make them the other team play a little helter skelter, just like Arsenal did with us.

JP using his powers of premonition to predict the 2015/2016 season -

JP on his expectations for 2015/2016 during the summer window -

JP on the prospect of Rodgers being sacked -

I was right about the first quote, I'm even more convinced now that we would have finished fourth atleast and forgive me for forgetting the last one wrong.When the owners said they would tolerate a slow start and when the manager is saying hours before he's sacked that he's under no pressure and that he is on target for the goals set I assumed he would be staying.

At the time everyone said the logic behind the decision was we couldn't risk missing out on Klopp and we needed him in so he would get 4th while Chelsea are struggling.Since that has happened we have fucked up massively when in a position to challenge for the league, look like missing out on the cl when there is 2 places available instead of one and now managers like Rafa and Jose are available.Klopp would also still be available imo so it looks like the wrong decision, we wouldn't have been any worse off under BR and would saved a few million.

• Downvote 6

If we got runners into the box simultaneously with balls played into Benteke we might get a few goals, like Allen's last night. That's how Lallana scored most of his, with Lambert flicking on balls played to him.

That was how Klopp set that up, look at the instructions he's giving Allen before he sends him. Allen also missed a sitter that Coutinho set up for him. Just get player in there at the same time we get to Benteke and make them the other team play a little helter skelter, just like Arsenal did with us.

Spot on, just watch how the other teams with target men play, they always have players making runs off the target man.

Watching the game last night it looked like the crowd was starting to realise the problem was the service and not Benteke, there was a few times when the ball was out wide with Benteke in the middle and it didn't go in the box.When that happened the fans were groaning and wanted the ball played in to Benteke.

• Downvote 1

I was right about the first quote, I'm even more convinced now that we would have finished fourth atleast and forgive me for forgetting the last one wrong.When the owners said they would tolerate a slow start and when the manager is saying hours before he's sacked that he's under no pressure and that he is on target for the goals set I assumed he would be staying.

At the time everyone said the logic behind the decision was we couldn't risk missing out on Klopp and we needed him in so he would get 4th while Chelsea are struggling.Since that has happened we have fucked up massively when in a position to challenge for the league, look like missing out on the cl when there is 2 places available instead of one and now managers like Rafa and Jose are available.Klopp would also still be available imo so it looks like the wrong decision, we wouldn't have been any worse off under BR and would saved a few million.

it was impossible for him to continue with 95% of fans wanting him out.

There was one moment last night when Ibe I think it was rolled it across the 6 yard box and the stupid twat was stood on the penalty spot complaining. It was begging for a tap in.

Later he was out wide with Milner looking to play a 1/2 . Fucking bloke is a nightmare.

If he isn't going to move about at least stand in the right place.

• Upvote 3