You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benteke

kirkbyred1

The "service" malarkey is nonsense, top players don't depend on service they create and do for themselves. You're telling me Suarez or Sturridge ever have games where they lament their lack of "service", they create chances by great movement and capitalising on opposition mistakes. Benteke just stands there and reacts 2 seconds later than everyone else and throws his arms in the air.

He doesn't even bother to jump half the time.

He is pretty lazy to be fair. I think fewer people would be on his back if he was showing serious effort, as Suarez used to. It's nothing new with Benteke, he was the same at Villa, notably in the cup final when he did literally nothing for the entire game.

Anyone blaming Benteke for yesterday is deluded

The amount and type of service he got was disgraceful

Coutinho and Ibe were a disgrace offensively and defensively

The slow build up and delivery is not bentekes fault -  its a simple game when he plays - get the ball wide quickly and whip it in - if he's not there then we ask questions 

That's way too simplistic.

He doesn't move into space , has failed to score one on ones last two games, has zero pace and is slow to react every time,

If the striker doesn't inspire confidence, gets himself into scoring positions or scores when he has the chance then the midfielders are going to try to play without involving him, That was the problem , Ibe and Coutinho where trying to either play it through the defense or taking wild pot-shots.  Why is he here indeed because we are never to going to build a team to sling in crosses to service Benteke He shouldn't be in the team imo even if we have no other recognised strikers fit. At best he can be a useful sub until he gets sold ( which he surely will be in the summer).

Did anybody notice the conversation Benteke was having with Lucas in the pre game warm up? He looked totally lost and was complaining to Lucas about something or other and Lucas was telling him to calm down. It seems Klopp is on Benteke's case constantly,and correctly in my opinion and Benteke doesnt like it. Hope he asks for a move and Klopp frees up some cash.

I saw Klopp screaming at him from the sidelines at one point for Benteke to get over and cover one of their fullbacks, and Benteke reacting about 15 seconds too late. I'm sure Klopp is probably sick to death of giving him instructions, similar to Rodgers with Ballotelli last season. A flying headbutt is the only solution sometimes.

Anyone blaming Benteke for yesterday is deluded

The amount and type of service he got was disgraceful

Coutinho and Ibe were a disgrace offensively and defensively

The slow build up and delivery is not bentekes fault - its a simple game when he plays - get the ball wide quickly and whip it in - if he's not there then we ask questions

Many times you see him take up good positions and the ball isn't put in to him...you then see him in the next attack or a later attack come short to try an join in and we sling a ball in and onviously he isn't there.

Fact is neither him or those feeding him/playing behind him have an uderstanding with and of each other and it is killing us.

Think I read on the beeb gossip page that Watford were in for Keita Balde Diao at Lazio. Could be an inspired signing. He has a lot of skill and pace and could go on to be at the sort of level of Aubemayang for about half the current price.

When nothing teams in the Prem can fight for this sort of player from the continent it points to how rich the league has become, and also highlights how difficult our job is getting. That's the sort of market we've been shopping in, only in or case too many players haven't kicked on.

I think we should sell Benteke, but I'm not quite sure who would buy. Come on Man City, you know it makes sense!

It seems after careful analysis Rawk have found something our scouts overlooked, his slopping fod is impacting on his aerial ability.

BOBSCOUSE

You'd think so with his height, but when he skied a header in the last game over the bar that looked as though the cross was at a decent height, I wondered how he got the trajectory wrong?

Then I saw a replay and close up shot of him side on, and I realised that he has a forehead which slopes really sharply and that, my friends, is why he will struggle to score from headers more frequently than he should.

They should stand him on Easter island then,looking out to sea.

I had an argument with a friend today when I complained about Benteke. 

He said "It's not his fault. He's not getting the service from crosses and balls pumped up to him. He's not suited to playing on the deck."

To which I replied "Well the tactics obviously don't suit him then so Klopp has to try and change that!"

To which he replied "It's not Klopp's fault either though! We have to try and play his brand of football which won't suit Benteke."

To summarise, Benteke is doomed!!!