You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benteke

kirkbyred1

This transfer has some similarities to when we signed Crouch; eyebrows were raised and questions asked as to whether he would fit our style of play and both of them have more about them than being just a big target man.

However, with Crouch, despite his long run of not scoring (think it was December against Wigan before he got his first..) the crowd generally stuck with him because it was evident that he was busting his nut to make an impact, never went hiding and you could see the frustration with every saved shot or ball that just went wide. Also you could see his teammates doing their upmost to tee him up.

Stark contrast to Benteke. He's capable of scoring some great goals and you can guarantee if he was still at Villa and was playing against us tomorrow that he'd terrorise us as per usual but I'm afraid I don't see a future for him here, he just doesn't fit.

I've said it before and i'll say it again Pennant you really are a plant pot of the highest order.

Maybe I and the ex professional footballers defending him are wrong and LFC fans are right but I don't think so.Murphy was saying the whole game he wasn't getting service and the game before that Shearer was saying the same thing.

Everyone talks about him not making runs but Shearer was showing clips from the previous prem game where he was making the runs and wasn't getting the ball, because of that he was dropping deep and staying outside the area

to try link up and get on the ball.

As for the Exeter game I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as made out when he got no service and was surrounded by Exeter players sitting deep, teams in the prem have put out their first team and have struggled in these kind of games.At the end of the day it's 11 v 11 and whatever the quality of the player if they are organised and all sit behind the ball it is difficult for a striker, especially when he's surrounded by youngsters thrown together and is getting no service.

• Downvote 4

Maybe I and the ex professional footballers defending him are wrong and LFC fans are right but I don't think so.Murphy was saying the whole game he wasn't getting service and the game before that Shearer was saying the same thing.

Everyone talks about him not making runs but Shearer was showing clips from the previous prem game where he was making the runs and wasn't getting the ball, because of that he was dropping deep and staying outside the area

As for the Exeter game I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as made out when he got no service and was surrounded by Exeter players sitting deep, teams in the prem have put out their first team and have struggled in these kind of games.At the end of the day it's 11 v 11 and whatever the quality of the player if they are organised and all sit behind the ball it is difficult for a striker, especially when he's surrounded by youngsters thrown together and is getting no service.

Surely on the fucking wind up now. Using Danny bloody Murphy to reinforce your 'point' ? Desperate that.

davb7mC2M.gif

• Upvote 1

He was up against Exeter fucking City. Never mind blaming lack of service, a striker of his supposed quality should have beasted them . Instead he was a waste of fucking space and missed a sitter when he got his chance, No excuse 

Surely on the fucking wind up now. Using Danny bloody Murphy to reinforce your 'point' ? Desperate that.

Yes Danny Murphy an ex professional who has played with target men before, the other player Shearer who you are not mentioning is a better example.The most prolific striker in the prem who plays a similar style to Benteke has said the problem is the service and not Benteke.

• Downvote 1

Danny Murphy is a xenophobic, bitter cunt these days. His opinion of the club is worth the dog shit I have to clean off the lawn.

Your opinion is, by general concensus, worth less than that.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Danny Murphy is a xenophobic, bitter cunt these days. His opinion of the club is worth the dog shit I have to clean off the lawn.

Your opinion is, by general concensus, worth less than that.

As is yours and other fans, Benteke plays regaurly doesn't he?

I agree with you though Murphy is bitter but he's not the worst pundit, the only thing I've disagreed with him about is when he said we should sign Moussa Sissoko.

Yes Danny Murphy an ex professional who has played with target men before, the other player Shearer who you are not mentioning is a better example.The most prolific striker in the prem who plays a similar style to Benteke has said the problem is the service and not Benteke.

So Murphy and Shearer give objective opinions ?

Ex footballers talking bollocks shocker 

As is yours and other fans, Benteke plays regaurly doesn't he?

I agree with you though Murphy is bitter but he's not the worst pundit, the only thing I've disagreed with him about is when he said we should sign Moussa Sissoko.

Newsflash, he only plays because we hardly have any fit experienced attackers.

Origi is now above him in the pecking order. Ings will definately be so next season.

The only reason he played on Friday was because he is our most expendable senior player that's fit. I half think Klopp put him out there in the hopes he'd get injured for a few weeks so that there'd be less pressure to play a 32.5 million pound waste of time, or that he'd score a few and interest a few clubs in taking him off our hands.

The same Shearer that failed as a coach ? Fucking carry on.