You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jamie Vardy

Nasty Lizard

I said Vardy looked a good buy last year, but I don't think I'd have him.

The only two from Leicester I'd be interested in are Kante and Mahrez. Oh, and Amartey long term.

If we did consider buying Leicester players (they probably wouldn't sign anyway, they'll fancy a season in the CL with Leicester) we'd be falling into that trap that's held us back for a while. Buying flavour of the month players who've performed well in our own league.

We should buy the pegs to fill the holes we have. Not just try and get players on the back of a season or so of good form.

We haven't had a good ball winning midfielder or winger for years. They should be our priorities. And a keeper.

Not Vardy. Although I still think he's a good player.

• Upvote 3

14 hours after becoming champions you think that Leicester will potentially sell us half of their first team outfield players ?

Bit low-rent that, you know what I said but are repeating an abbreviated, gay version of it.

Leicester are Leicester. They may have won the league but they're still Leicester and we're still Liverpool.

I remember Valencia winning La Liga, and it meaning fuck all in the grand scheme of things. Their team were still sold off to the highest bidders.

Dortmund win the Bundesliga and yet they still lose their players to the team behind them.

I think the likes of Vardy, Mahrez, and Kante are, oddly, not on the radars of the top teams because they're so engrossed in signing big names from overseas in order to sell shirts. The likes of Drinkwater and Schmeichel are not even in the picture for the likes of United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal. They'll be wanking over thoughts of super-signings like Kroos, Gotze, Ter Stegen, Ronaldo, Bale, Pogba, Ibrahimovic etc etc.

Personally, I wouldn't touch Vardy, I think this is his Kevin Phillips season. Mahrez I do like, but he'll likely end up abroad, I'm guessing PSG will be interested due to the shiteness of Lucas Moura and their other attacking midfielders.

Kante is hot property but I heard £28m for him the other day, you can fuck off with that.

I just think Drinkwater has that water carrier vibe about him, someone who's happy to get on with his work in the middle and use the ball effectively, and cover the ground. The hard-running style of Leicester's suits Klopp's gameplan, and midfield is somewhere we can really do with upgrading without it costing us £30m.

Kante looks to be off to PSG, no?

Anyway, besides from Kante they really dont have anyone that would improve otur first choice 11.

You're saying the League Champions, with the exception of Kante, don't have anyone that would improve our 1st 11? Really? You really think that?

That's delusion right there.

Outside of overpaying for Mahrez,Kante or Schmeichel who would you want. I wouldn't touch Vardy at his age,price tag and considering he could easily go back to his pre 15/16 form.

The rest are counter attacking options but put them in our team when they are expected to hold a high line or plsy possession football and they dont look galf as good.

Not taking anything away from them as a unit but id take but them 4

You're saying the League Champions, with the exception of Kante, don't have anyone that would improve our 1st 11? Really? You really think that?

It's not that crazy a thing to say. Leicester have been the best team, but the best teams aren't always made up of the best 11 players. It's about balance and the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.

Though in this instance I don't agree. Fuchs and Schmeichel alone would be massive upgrades and that's before you even look at Kante, Vardy, Mahrez and somone like Drinkwater wouldn't exactly be a downgrade on our midfield either.

He d have been a good replacement for suarez. Similar hustling style and boundless energy, pace to burn and scores goals.

2 years ago if we d signed vardy as one of several replacements for suarez how would that have gone down? If we d signed simpson or huth or somebody called mahrez.

not sure about vardy but the other 3 would have been gone a year later I reckon. Simpson wouldnt have been getting forward enough. Huth would have been exposed by no dm and mahrez would have been markovic.

Outside of overpaying for Mahrez,Kante or Schmeichel who would you want. I wouldn't touch Vardy at his age,price tag and considering he could easily go back to his pre 15/16 form. The rest are counter attacking options but put them in our team when they are expected to hold a high line or plsy possession football and they dont look galf as good. Not taking anything away from them as a unit but id take but them 4

We're not talking the expense it would cost, merely on who would improve us. A poster said there's only Kante that would improve us. Which is ridiculous when talking about The Champions.

The keeper for a start, I'd only keep Clyne in a defence off. There's 4 players already. Then there's Drinkwater, who is exactly the sort of player we need. Then you have Mahrez, you'd have to have him in your side at the expense of Firmino or Lallana.

The talk should be who, of our 11 would improve them, maybe Clyne, then I'm struggling.

Doesnt work like that though does it

If our defenders and midfield could have sat as deep as they did they would look better,same if they looked for row z every time. We try to play out of defence and split the back 4 looking to push more men forward. If you asked Huth and Morgan to do that they would be exposed.

Drinkwater is no better than Allen or Henderson but has Kante next to him to do the dirty work. How much better would Allen look next to Mascherano type.

Mahrez would of course improve us and Vardy would be good under Klopp,or at least the Vardy we have seen this season. 

Schmeichel  better than Mignolet of course

Huth/Morgan/Simpson no better than we have

Schlupp or Fuchs would be better than Moreno imo

Kante- much better than we have

The rest are not

Vardy,Sturridge is better. 

Mahrez, would be good

So id take Schmeichel,Kante,Mahrez thats it imo.

Vardy possibly but hes getting on and once his pace and stamina go he is done

Doesnt work like that though does it

If our defenders and midfield could have sat as deep as they did they would look better,same if they looked for row z every time. We try to play out of defence and split the back 4 looking to push more men forward. If you asked Huth and Morgan to do that they would be exposed.

Drinkwater is no better than Allen or Henderson but has Kante next to him to do the dirty work. How much better would Allen look next to Mascherano type.

Mahrez would of course improve us and Vardy would be good under Klopp,or at least the Vardy we have seen this season.

Schmeichel better than Mignolet of course

Huth/Morgan/Simpson no better than we have

Schlupp or Fuchs would be better than Moreno imo

Kante- much better than we have

The rest are not

Vardy,Sturridge is better.

Mahrez, would be good

So id take Schmeichel,Kante,Mahrez thats it imo.

Vardy possibly but hes getting on and once his pace and stamina go he is done

Ok, fair enough, agree to disagree, you've picked 3 possibly 4, I'd pick more. But the original argument was a poster saying that ONLY Kante would improve us.

It's not black and white, but yes. I only think Kante would be an improvement on what we have. I dont think its deluded though, i mean choosing a starting 11 from the PL, i dont think i would have more than one player from us, If that even.

Leicester have had everything going for them this season. 7 other teams under performing, no europe, getting knocked out of the cups early, and most importantly staying clear of injuries. Maybe im harsh in saying no one but Kante would be a starting player for us, but ypu have to take into perspective not only game schedule, but style of play and their roles too.

It's interesting to see how Vardy's racist incident is being brushed aside while Suarez, who was never actually recorded saying anything. was demonised non-stop. He also had to be subbed off after 60 minutes when he was playing non-league football because he was wearing an electronic tag after an assault charge.

It's almost like there's one rule for good old English players with bulldog spirit and another for those nasty foreign types.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't take anyone off Leicester apart from Kante

Danny Drinkwater...Fml...Will we never learn?

What Leicester have achieved, they have achieved as a team. That particular group of players have formed a special bond. They work hard together, they work hard for each other and they believe in the system and style of play the manager wants them to play. That with a bit of ability and you can see why they've been the success they have been this season. Split them up and the majority of them will just go back to being journeymen footballers. Only Kante and Mahrez have it in them to push on imo. Vardy and Fuchs have been superb, but one is 29 and would cost a fortune because he's English and the other is 30.

I don't think it's arrogant at all. We're still a much bigger club, with bigger resources. There are talks we're after their highly talented left back, Ben Chilwell. Should we stop talking about that as well, because we're only a mid table club?

Anyway, apart from the young left back, I don't think you have to worry. We won't be insulting Leicester by making bids for their players.

I don't think it's arrogant at all. We're still a much bigger club, with bigger resources. There are talks we're after their highly talented left back, Ben Chilwell. Should we stop talking about that as well, because we're only a mid table club?

Anyway, apart from the young left back, I don't think you have to worry. We won't be insulting Leicester by making bids for their players.

I thinks it's arrogant when Barca or Madrid can snap their fingers and take our best players so I find it a bit hypocritical to think we can cherry pick the players from the team that just won the league. 

I thinks it's arrogant when Barca or Madrid can snap their fingers and take our best players so I find it a bit hypocritical to think we can cherry pick the players from the team that just won the league. 

That's not arrogant. That's football.

And it's going to take more than one premiership title win before players start seeing Leicester as the place to be and that moving to teams like ourselves and the other big clubs in Europe would be a massive step down.

Thankfully for Leicester and it appears yourself, I don't think there is much chance of that squad being broke up anyway. As not many seem to be that coveted.