You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jamie Vardy

Nasty Lizard

THE KEY to Leicester City’s success is to avoid playing anyone decent, it has been confirmed.

The transformation of Leicester, a team of players who either look like bouncers or people who pick fights with bouncers, into title contenders has left experts baffled.

Some have suggested warlocks have engineered a body-swap with struggling champions Chelsea, while others believe high-profile Leicester fan Gary Lineker is simply lying about his team’s results on Match of the Day.

But manager Claudio Ranieri revealed that Leicester’s rise is down to ensuring they do not play anyone better at football than they are.

Ranieri said: “We accidentally played Arsenal in September and got thrashed, which taught us a valuable lesson. Playing good teams is a sure-fire way to drop points.

“Since then, we’ve avoided Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, and Everton, all of whom have players who are much better than our players.”

At the other end of the table, Newcastle United manager Steve McClaren said: “At least 16 teams in the league are better than us, which is clearly unfair, and the only reason we’re 17th.”

Lot of Leicester fans wanted him sold Jan 14, couldn't get into the team. There was a bid from WBA for £5 million. He suits Leicester really well. Hope he stays there.

I think Ranieri deserves credit as he's brought in better players who create chances for the strikers like Vardy.

Havent seen much of Leicester but they do seem to have bought well in recent months.

There's a possibility he'll end up like an Italian striker of old. Early days spent in the lower leagues, great spell for someone in the top division, big money move followed by a year to looking like money well spent and then a big drop in form, possibly a loan before someone like Sunderland picks up him and gets one last half-decent run out of him before he drops down the leagues.

I love watching the guy play and its a great story but this thread will probably be bumped in 5 years when he's mincing about for someone in league one.

There's a possibility he'll end up like an Italian striker of old. Early days spent in the lower leagues, great spell for someone in the top division, big money move followed by a year to looking like money well spent and then a big drop in form, possibly a loan before someone like Sunderland picks up him and gets one last half-decent run out of him before he drops down the leagues.

I love watching the guy play and its a great story but this thread will probably be bumped in 5 years when he's mincing about for someone in league one.

This thread could be bumped in 5 years and half of ours will be doing the same.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Would you buy him?

Leicester have done it, they've won the league, well done.

Their owners will not give a shiny shit about what happens next, they know it was a flash in the pan. The likes of Kante, Mahrez, Vardy are up for sale, it's just a case of how much they want out and how much clubs are willing to part with.

Personally, I'd put a bid in for Danny Drinkwater and Kasper Schmeichel. I think all Leicester's attention will be on keeping the fab 3 together, and they will leave their guard down for these two, who were utterly brilliant this year.

We need a keeper.

We need to get shot of Lucas, sell Henderson, and we can't rely on Allen to stay fit.

14 hours after becoming champions you think that Leicester will potentially sell us half of their first team outfield players ?

Then start slating our own players, on a Jamie Vardy thread ?

Are you hormonal or something ?

Would you buy him?

Leicester have done it, they've won the league, well done.

Their owners will not give a shiny shit about what happens next, they know it was a flash in the pan. The likes of Kante, Mahrez, Vardy are up for sale, it's just a case of how much they want out and how much clubs are willing to part with.

Personally, I'd put a bid in for Danny Drinkwater and Kasper Schmeichel. I think all Leicester's attention will be on keeping the fab 3 together, and they will leave their guard down for these two, who were utterly brilliant this year.

We need a keeper.

We need to get shot of Lucas, sell Henderson, and we can't rely on Allen to stay fit.

All Leicester players will have inflated prices now, especially Vardy.

If we should go for any of the ones mentioned I would pick Schmeichel. But in general I'd look elsewhere, there's plenty of quality available out there at better value.

We could stealthily go in with a lowball offer to snatch them, whilst their attention is on keeping the fab 3. Can't fail.

I wouldn't take Vardy, but would Mahrez and Kante, but we'd be priced out of both of Leicester let them go.

We might have a chance at Schmeichel, and I'd take him, but have got a feeling he'll end up at the Mancs when De Gea inevitably goes to Real Madrid.