You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) 21 Nov 2015

smilezzz

It was men vs boys today.

Liverpool were faster, more determined, and clinical.

I'd like to say City just didn't turn up, but in truth, they couldn't handle the speed of Liverpool's play. 

It was reminiscent of Dortmund battering us in the CL a few years ago. 

I thought Aguero's goal was a beauty, but too little too late.

Well played Liverpool - we had our arses kicked today, and got everything we deserved (as did LIverpool)

It was a great win for us at the Emptyhad. 

Great stuff.

Sorry Dan, you've won nothing and your stock is falling fast.

If we got £20m for him we'd have no problem getting a better striker.

And the best part is that those results and performances against Chelsea and city will have caught the eye of Europes top players. Players will want to work under Klopp.

The thought occured to me the moment we brought in Klopp. From here the only way is up.

That was as near to perfection for an away display as you'll see for some time. It blows the performance at Chelsea out of the water. They were there for the taking, City not so much but we showed them no respect and didn't sit off apart from when we were having a slight rest. It was like a red tornado that just picked everything up and threw it to one side. City carry a threat everywhere but we were first to every ball, broke up every attack and got forward at pace.

I've been highly critical of Coutinho this season, he was atrocious under Rodgers but Klopp has found the recipe for him and Firmino to link up and cause utter chaos. I was surprised when I saw the team today because I thought we'd look to make it stick up front but Klopp has got it spot on as he mostly does. 

He's got us organised and hard to beat. We still need to cut out the stupid mistakes because no fucker ever misses against us. That's the only reason we conceded today, for all City's pressure. It's crucial that we go and beat Swansea now because we need to turn our home form around. If we do, we are truly in business with Klopp yet to have his chance to add improvements to the squad.

Really, really impressive.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

It was men vs boys today.

Liverpool were faster, more determined, and clinical.

I'd like to say City just didn't turn up, but in truth, they couldn't handle the speed of Liverpool's play.

It was reminiscent of Dortmund battering us in the CL a few years ago.

I thought Aguero's goal was a beauty, but too little too late.

Well played Liverpool - we had our arses kicked today, and got everything we deserved (as did LIverpool)

I probably wouldnt even swap mangala for lovren.

we could do with some of those de bruyne deliveries.

Look at some of the aways we've already got out of the way and still on the coattails of top 4 (or more)....

We've already played Stoke, Spurs, United, Arsenal, City and Chelsea away.

If we can pick up our home form, we'll be tootling along quite nicely.

everton. Looking forward to playing Leicester.

Unbelievably I had to miss the game this afternoon, I can't half pick the ones I don't get to see.  Don't get a real impression of the game from MOTD highlights obviously but I saw enough to be impressed.  Coutinho is just magic when he plays like he did today, he is obviously going to be the next player that one of the usual suspects tries to prise away from us and I only hope that he'll be happy enough with life under Klopp to stay, but everybody looked at least good today.

Did chuckle at Sterling shitting out of taking Mignolet on and laying it on for Aguero instead, swap the two players over and Aguero wouldn't have thought about doing anything other than scoring.  He's one hell of a player that lad.

Finally, Skrtel's volley was boss.

8 points off the top. Most tough away games already played. It feels almost like anything could happen.

I think the next step in our evolution under Klopp is we need to learn to be flat track bullies and boss teams at home. I think we have clever players who can play between the lines against the better teams, as we saw today, but I think we need a bit more width and pace to turn us into flat track bullies, as teams will sit deep against us and hope to pick up some rewards on the break, as Palace showed. Sane in January would be a good signing.

• Upvote 1