You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) 21 Nov 2015

smilezzz

Yup. I know it's petty, but it's football, I'm allowed to be petty.

All the articles leading up to the game were about how it was the right move for him, he's learning so much more by training and playing with better players, etc.

Raheem, I can promise you this, in your career, you will never play with someone as good as Luis Suarez or Steven Gerrard, and Liverpool gave you that opportunity, so have some fucking respect.

The lad is a talented footballer, but like a lot of his generation; has a deeply unattractive "smart-ass, can't teach me anything", attitude. Total lack of class and self awareness.

Judging by the Blue Moon post-match thread we'll be getting a bid for Klopp in the summer....

Will be a non starter. Klopp has shown he needs or likes an affinity with the clubs he manages. Look at Mainz, Dortmund and now us. Neither is he driven by silly money citeh or any other lottery winning club would offer.

If the owners back Klopp, he'll be here as long as he wants to be. He'd still be at Dortmund now if he thought he could have overcome last season's poor form. But he knew he'd reached the end of the line there and it was better for all concerned that someone new came in.

I watched a interview with him on sky yesterday on soccer saturday. The man is just so infectious. He has me eating out of his hand and I dont even work for him. The players must be thinking 'Fuck, this man can take me anywhere with his confidence, belief and coaching.'

Remember saying a couple of months ago that Coutinho needed to learn from Silva how to keep possession instead of playing passes that weren't on. Turned out all he needed was a better manager instructing him when to make runs into the box and teammates closer to play off. Shows what I know. Joy to watch him right now.

• Upvote 1

First game I've watched in the pub with my mates in ages. Turns out its a much more enjoyable way to watch football.

And that last goal from skrtel was the first time I've leapt out of my seat in a long time.

Great performance and might have just kick started my enjoyment of football again.

Good to see sterling do absolutely fuck all too

you're just all loved up.  You'd have been smiling if we'd got stuffed 4-1.  

• Upvote 1

didn't see the game but am not surpised at all with the result. We've got a world class, big name manager again who, with a few introductions of steel in the side - something he'll have an eye for - will have us competing for major honours by next season.

Well done the lads!

Yup. I know it's petty, but it's football, I'm allowed to be petty.

All the articles leading up to the game were about how it was the right move for him, he's learning so much more by training and playing with better players, etc.

Raheem, I can promise you this, in your career, you will never play with someone as good as Luis Suarez or Steven Gerrard, and Liverpool gave you that opportunity, so have some fucking respect.

Nor will he play for a manager anywhere near Klopp's level either.
  • Upvote 2

Rodgers team playing rodgers football from 2 seasons ago without suarez. Why we stopped playing like this is the reason he lost his job.

owners deserve great credit for getting a manager who has got us back to playing this way.

Not even close - the front 4, maybe even 6 at times, might be pressing in a similar way but we are far more compact in our own half. Far more awareness of where the opportunities favor us and where/when it is ok to clear our lines.

If anything Rodgers was trying to emulate Klopp's team at that time

• Upvote 4

Tunnel Cam | Man C 1 - 4 Liverpool - YouTube

DeBruyne and Navas look like they are shitting their pants at the beginning there. The difference in Klopp's attitude and our side's body language is magnificent.

Halftime you can hear a fan shouting down Yaya to show some leadership, then their Captain is nowhere to be seen walking out after being yanked. Some poor bastard had to nearly carry Mangala out for the second half.

Their team is really not all that tbh - bunch of fellas who would rather be somewhere else when it is not going well.

Remember saying a couple of months ago that Coutinho needed to learn from Silva how to keep possession instead of playing passes that weren't on. Turned out all he needed was a better manager instructing him when to make runs into the box and teammates closer to play off. Shows what I know. Joy to watch him right now.

Repped for not knowing what you were talking about.

• Upvote 1

Not even close - the front 4, maybe even 6 at times, might be pressing in a similar way but we are far more compact in our own half. Far more awareness of where the opportunities favor us and where/when it is ok to clear our lines.

If anything Rodgers was trying to emulate Klopp's team at that time

whoever he was trying to emulate he succeeded in playing some of the best football I ve ever seen and now that football is back.

• Upvote 2

whoever he was trying to emulate he succeeded in playing some of the best football I ve ever seen and now that football is back.

I think you are giving him a little too much credit, we succeeded - in hindsight you would have to agree he fell into it since it didn't start that way and it didn't finish that way. It is stretching it to say that is his style. The same players are now doing it again, more effectively.

• Upvote 1

I think you are giving him a little too much credit, we succeeded - in hindsight you would have to agree he fell into it since it didn't start that way and it didn't finish that way. It is stretching it to say that is his style.

Completely agree.  It was the same for that season under Benitez when the players essentially ignored him and came second in the league.  Not his style, but almost effective.