You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leather Jackets

Bjornebye

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

They're just seemingly impossible to buy over here now, there's a few leather sites but they all look a bit Brendan Rodgers.

'Over here'?

Have you tried the internet? You can buy coats from the other side of the planet at the touch of a button.

I've shaved my hair off so am not going to suit my leather jacket anymore, might stick it on eBay.

32 minutes ago, Mook said:

'Over here'?

Have you tried the internet? You can buy coats from the other side of the planet at the touch of a button.

I've shaved my hair off so am not going to suit my leather jacket anymore, might stick it on eBay.

Online ordering is a nightmare, especially with leather jackets as the cut is everything, American sizing especially is utterly fucked up. I like to try leather jackets on, especially while pretending to hold a gun.

27 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Online ordering is a nightmare, especially with leather jackets as the cut is everything, American sizing especially is utterly fucked up. I like to try leather jackets on, especially while pretending to hold a gun.

Yeah. More than any other garment, you need to feel the weight of it when it's on, to check it feels right as well as checking that it looks good. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, cochyn said:

I'm contemplating replacing my waxed cotton autumnal jacketry with leathers. Anyone tried these?:

https://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/index.php

All hand-made in Scotland apparently and built to last. Some absolute horrors on there, but a few decent styles.

Not heard of them myself but there are a handful of very nice ones on there. Not fucking cheap though.

That Majestic suede one looks magic although suede coats are definitely a luxury item. I bought a Baracuta one two years ago & have worn it about 10 times because it rains so much.

7925b053c17611a0_Front500.jpg

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Nah, you just need a decent hat.

(Yul Brynner on the set of The Journey)

3265135B-45FB-45FA-8B5B-9ACFDF8D2204.jpeg

Hats are certainly an option, but in Yul's case I think it's more to do with the fact he was just an exceptionally good looking man (and actually one of those fellas who looked better bald than he did with a full head of hair).

20 minutes ago, Mook said:

All these badly cunts being posted look pretty shite in their jackets really.

I'm one of them now, just without the muscles or film star good looks.

Harringtons are the way forward.

What’s happened to the lockdown chic look?

Don’t tell me you’ve binned the beard as well.

23 minutes ago, Mook said:

All these badly cunts being posted look pretty shite in their jackets really.

I'm one of them now, just without the muscles or film star good looks.

Harringtons are the way forward.

The better half bought me a lovely Paul Smith Harrington, dark blue, really nice, but just not ‘me’ if you know what I mean?

Don’t have the heart to tell her.