You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trainspotting and Transpotting 2

Bjornebye

Trainspotting 2 - right or wrong  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Aye right i'm all fucking for it ken, I need one more fuckin hit
    • Nobody move, it's shite making Trainspotting 2. The lowest of the low.

I disliked Sunshine first time I saw it, but with each subesquent viewing I've found it pretty enjoyable. The less said about Mark Strong getting superpowers from being a human frazzle the better, but the atmosphere and cinematography are good. Plus, I'm a sucker for a bit of creepiness in space, and there's not much else out there that ticks those boxes.

If I need to watch any films worse than The Beach or Sunshine then I think suicide would be the preferable option.

Sunshine's my third favourite solar-system-based thriller. I think Boyle nails the claustrophobia of space travel and the ominous presence of instant death beyond the flimsy vessell that is your only life support. (Speaking as a seasoned space-traveller of course).

• Upvote 2

I hate Irvine Welsh's books, I've met him a couple of times as well, he sometimes comes for a pint in my local when he's back from LA or wherever he stays these days.

Tried to read Trainspotting but gave up after about 30 pages because of the dialect thing & I think Trainspotting (the film) is a load of shite as well, that Boyle cunt must be the worst director in the history of film, did he not do The Beach as well? Fucking awful.

Oh & Leith is a fucking shithole.

*I'm a bit hungover today so you'll have to excuse my grumpiness*

You need to read it in the accent. Feersum Enjin by Iain M Banks is the same.

I hate Irvine Welsh's books, I've met him a couple of times as well, he sometimes comes for a pint in my local when he's back from LA or wherever he stays these days.

Tried to read Trainspotting but gave up after about 30 pages because of the dialect thing & I think Trainspotting (the film) is a load of shite as well, that Boyle cunt must be the worst director in the history of film, did he not do The Beach as well? Fucking awful.

Oh & Leith is a fucking shithole.

*I'm a bit hungover today so you'll have to excuse my grumpiness*

"Read it? I fuckin' well live in it ye wee cunt ye".

Genuine question: Has Danny Boyle ever made a bad film? Everything of his I’ve watched has been ace.

Oh, and the best British Film is obviously Rita, Sue and Bob Too.

Rita Sue and Bob Too is a great call.

But next time you're watching it, Coch, about halfway through (maybe about the bit where Bob's wife leaves after the street fight), press stop, put on The Beach and find that bit where that lad is pretending to be in a computer game, and have a little re-evaluation.

I don't think I've seen a more embarrassing piece of filmmaking.

Then put Rita, Sue and Bob Too back on - all's well with the world.

If ah'd known ye wair goin' tae get sae humpty aboot it, ah widnae huv boathered.

ahh dinner ken what yiz on about ( I see what you did there GD ) baws wi the wee

man ken ? He  grabs his  coak ( you huffer of gaseous inflammables )  deep ! Three fingers

and hiz whole fucking wristwatch  ( infernal twister of melons man)  eyes were waterin !

Fuckin' greetin' like a fuckin ween    ( your dog's nose twitches )  dogs fucking coak I tell yiz !

Massive twat wi tits like the Krankies(  you fear you many have ) right in her fuckin' pussy, hehe.

Smelling like a fuckin fishsupper, ( spunked yer last drops of  jisma) disaster with KY Jelly ffs,

useless old fucking mangey( our stench is all consuming...wait, what ? ) Stig, right up his khyber,

flaming piss soaked ( fucking manero steals my fucking chunder again, damn him)  sausage muncher .

• Upvote 2

He was treading a fine line last time he was in my local, cunt kept staring at my David Watts jumper and then got so pished he left his laptop and fucked off to the airport.

You're a better man than me for resisting the temptation to type up a load of shite, email it to his publisher and have it lauded by critics as a work of genius.

You're a better man than me for resisting the temptation to type up a load of shite, email it to his publisher and have it lauded by critics as a work of genius.

We did joke about that, unfortunately we couldn't work out the password and had to leave whatever load of shite was in there already.

• Upvote 1

• 5 years later...

The Begbie thing will be shite. It's one thing having a nutter as a bit part character where you can show quick sequences of him launching a pint glass off a balcony (for effect). It's another thing entirely to base a whole series off it. 

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...