You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paris shootings

Lee909

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Blasphemy laws in the U.K.?  It’ll never happen…

We're already going down that route in Scotland.

A fucking disgrace. If people can't stomach a cartoon or a piece of art, they should really just go & take their face for a shite.

Comparing defacing property to drawing a subversive cartoon is also absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, Mook said:

Comparing defacing property to drawing a subversive cartoon is also absolutely ridiculous.

Not at all - she's comparing the emotional harm involved. We already have laws for defacing property - this is a new law specifically for the emotional harm caused by defacing a statue. Seems a fair argument to me.

The real answer is ofcourse that the new proposed law is equally ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, M_B said:

Not at all - she's comparing the emotional harm involved. We already have laws for defacing property - this is a new law specifically for the emotional harm caused by defacing a statue. Seems a fair argument to me.

The real answer is ofcourse that the new proposed law is equally ridiculous.

'Emotional harm' needs to fuck off.

'Ooh, I'm emotionally harmed because someone defaced a statue or drew a cartoon of an imaginary prophet'.

Laws created by cunts who have never spent a day in the real World.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Mook said:

'Emotional harm' needs to fuck off.

'Ooh, I'm emotionally harmed because someone defaced a statue or drew a cartoon of an imaginary prophet'.

Laws created by cunts who have never spent a day in the real World.

Yeah I agree. I think that is partly her point though - you either fuck it off completely or you enter territory where you have to decide which causes of emotional harm are illegal and which aren't.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

Yeah I agree. I think that is partly her point though - you either fuck it off completely or you enter territory where you have to decide what causes emotional harm and what doesn't.

I agree the whole thing should be fucked off.

I don't agree that's her point but I am possibly misinterpreting her Tweet. Looks to me like she's using one stupid law being introduced to lobby for another one.

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

Yeah I agree. I think that is partly her point though - you either fuck it off completely or you enter territory where you have to decide what causes emotional harm and what doesn't.

I don’t think that’s her point at all. She’s very clear on what she wants and the replies to the post on Twitter are absolutely clear in their support. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

I don’t think that’s her point at all. She’s very clear on what she wants and the replies to the post on Twitter are absolutely clear in their support. 

I only watched the video but I think it's implied. She is using the law to argue a case for a law on the emotional harm caused by cartoons. The implication being that if you have one then why not the other.

13 minutes ago, M_B said:

I only watched the video but I think it's implied. She is using the law to argue a case for a law on the emotional harm caused by cartoons. The implication being that if you have one then why not the other.

No it isn’t.  Her point is that statues hold a special status because of what they represent and society needs that to function. She then extends the point to say ‘if it’s reasonable to accept that, then it’s reasonable to accept hurt feelings when people say bad stuff about Mo”. So she isn’t making any point about a poor law (which it is) she’s using the poor law to bring in blasphemy. I mean she couldn’t be clearer.  

That's a slippery fucking slope she is proposing there. 

Say something bad about the Queen and the royalist will start claiming emotional distress, you'll the get the twitter celebrity wannabes claiming trawling twitter for a bad comment and claiming the same thing.

10 years for pulling down a statue is a fucking disgrace, its criminal damage and do them for that if you want but saying because it's a statue of X then the emotional damage means its worthy of another 5 years in prison is fucking disgraceful. 

Max 10 years for pulling down a statue of Churchill

Possessing or distributing prohibited weapon or ammunition (5 year minimum sentence)

Firearms Act 1968 10 years

Trespassing with firearm or imitation firearm in a building

Firearms Act 1968 7 years

Carrying firearm or imitation firearm in public place

Shortening a shot gun; conversion of firearm

Trading in firearms without being registered as firearms dealer

Firearms Act 1968 5 years

Administering poison etc. so as to endanger life Offences against the Person Act 1861 s.23 10 years
Cruelty to persons under 16 Children and Young Persons Act 1933 s.1 10 years

Racially-aggravated assault - ABH or GBH Crime and Disorder Act 1998 s. 29(1) 7 years
Racially-aggravated common assault Crime and Disorder Act 1998 s. 29 2 years
Racially-aggravated criminal damage Crime and Disorder Act 1998 s. 30(1) 2 years
Unlawful wounding Offences against the Person Act 1861 s.20 5 years
Assault occasioning actual bodily harm Offences against the Person Act 1861 s.47 5 years
Concealment of birth Offences against the Person Act 1861 s.60 2 years
Abandonment of children under two Offences against the Person Act 1861 s.27 5 years

10 years for pulling down a statue

2 years for attempting to roofie a girl to rape her

7 years for trying to fuck a U13 girl

Administering drugs to obtain intercourse Sexual Offences Act 1956 s.4 2 years
Procurement of a woman by threats Sexual Offences Act 1956 s.2 2 years
Procurement of a woman by false pretences Sexual Offences Act 1956 s.3 2 years
Attempted sexual intercourse with girl under 13 Sexual Offences Act 1956 s.5 7 years

Incest by man with a girl under 13 Sexual Offences Act 1956 s.10 7 years
Incest by woman with a girl under 13 Sexual Offences Act 1956 s.11

7 years

Detention of woman in brothel Sexual Offences Act 1956 s.24

2 years

Paying for sexual services - penetration of a child aged 16 or 17 Sexual Offences Act 2003 s. 47

7 years

Possession of indecent photograph of a child Criminal Justice Act 1988 s.160 5 years

nice to see we have our priorities in order

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lee909 said:

That's a slippery fucking slope she is proposing there. 

Say something bad about the Queen and the royalist will start claiming emotional distress, you'll the get the twitter celebrity wannabes claiming trawling twitter for a bad comment and claiming the same thing.

10 years for pulling down a statue is a fucking disgrace, its criminal damage and do them for that if you want but saying because it's a statue of X then the emotional damage means its worthy of another 5 years in prison is fucking disgraceful. 

Max 10 years for pulling down a statue of Churchill

Possessing or distributing prohibited weapon or ammunition (5 year minimum sentence)

Firearms Act 1968 10 years

Trespassing with firearm or imitation firearm in a building

Carrying firearm or imitation firearm in public place

Shortening a shot gun; conversion of firearm

Trading in firearms without being registered as firearms dealer

Firearms Act 1968 5 years

Administering poison etc. so as to endanger life Offences against the Person Act 1861 s.23 10 years
Cruelty to persons under 16 Children and Young Persons Act 1933 s.1 10 years

Racially-aggravated assault - ABH or GBH Crime and Disorder Act 1998 s. 29(1) 7 years
Racially-aggravated common assault Crime and Disorder Act 1998 s. 29 2 years
Racially-aggravated criminal damage Crime and Disorder Act 1998 s. 30(1) 2 years
Unlawful wounding Offences against the Person Act 1861 s.20 5 years
Assault occasioning actual bodily harm Offences against the Person Act 1861 s.47 5 years
Concealment of birth Offences against the Person Act 1861 s.60 2 years
Abandonment of children under two Offences against the Person Act 1861 s.27 5 years

10 years for pulling down a statue

2 years for attempting to roofie a girl to rape her

7 years for trying to fuck a U13 girl

Administering drugs to obtain intercourse Sexual Offences Act 1956 s.4 2 years
Procurement of a woman by threats Sexual Offences Act 1956 s.2 2 years
Procurement of a woman by false pretences Sexual Offences Act 1956 s.3 2 years
Attempted sexual intercourse with girl under 13 Sexual Offences Act 1956 s.5 7 years

Incest by man with a girl under 13 Sexual Offences Act 1956 s.10 7 years
Incest by woman with a girl under 13 Sexual Offences Act 1956 s.11

7 years

Detention of woman in brothel Sexual Offences Act 1956 s.24

2 years

Paying for sexual services - penetration of a child aged 16 or 17 Sexual Offences Act 2003 s. 47

7 years

Possession of indecent photograph of a child Criminal Justice Act 1988 s.160 5 years

nice to see we have our priorities in order

That reads like a checklist for one or two people on the FF. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 06/07/2021 at 14:14, Rico1304 said:

No it isn’t.  Her point is that statues hold a special status because of what they represent and society needs that to function. She then extends the point to say ‘if it’s reasonable to accept that, then it’s reasonable to accept hurt feelings when people say bad stuff about Mo”. So she isn’t making any point about a poor law (which it is) she’s using the poor law to bring in blasphemy. I mean she couldn’t be clearer.  

Society needs statues to function. Are you fucking mental?

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Before we jump to any conclusions here …… is it a 69 old man with health problems or a 69 year old terrorist? 

Asking before the usual prick starts spouting off 

“One witness told French news agency AFP that seven or eight shots had been fired. A second witness, speaking to BFM TV, said the suspected gunman was a white man who opened fire in silence.“

Mental health problems it is, then…

I read something earlier claiming that he had previously committed violent attacks on immigrants.