You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How can we help get back the Anfield atmosphere?

Mil-ing Around

Sounds like a man utd home game...their vile shite all you can hear.

Our problem is we just havent got enough people in ground anymore who want to sing, who know songs who are together and enough songs in rotation

theres not that many songs so everybody should know them.

Sounds like a man utd home game...their vile shite all you can hear.

Our problem is we just havent got enough people in ground anymore who want to sing, who know songs who are together and enough songs in rotation

dont be silly the atmosphere was the best tonight in the last 5 years.

ist all to do were BT was picking the crowd sound up from,

​you could tell the ground was bouncing with all the lower cent singing.  

van gaal right your fans are shite 

• Upvote 1

Just got in, really good actually, plenty of singing from everywhere. They had moments in the first half when the dirty shit they sing was loud but in the second half you hardly heard anything. They are bad scrotes though and I don't know why they get let in.

You wanted to hear the shit they were singing after full time as well, police just standing there doing nothing.

Turns out playing big games in competitions we can win generates an atmosphere. Who knew? The malaise at Anfield has as much to do with the team being shit as anything else. It was great last night. When the crowd goes into a frenzy after a couple of shots or tackles, it's just brilliant.

• Upvote 1

Liverpool need to get things sorted with the TV set up at Anfield then because it did not come over loud or good at all on TV - Yet the mancs were loud with their shite - especially first half, really loud....

I had mates who were at the game and the lad who had my ACS ticket and they all said was good as well - but the noise wasn't great at all on telly and the singing didn't come across well.

• Upvote 1

Liverpool need to get things sorted with the TV set up at Anfield then because it did not come over loud or good at all on TV - Yet the mancs were loud with their shite - especially first half, really loud....

I had mates who were at the game and the lad who had my ACS ticket and they all said was good as well - but the noise wasn't great at all on telly and the singing didn't come across well.

Agree. Even at the start during YNWA, it was almost as if "Manchester, Manchester.." was louder than YNWA.

My nephew was at the game yesterday and he said the whole place was bouncing... It only felt like that on TV once the 2nd goal went in.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it always seems like the away end is micced up. Away crowds tend to make more noise in the league anyway, but I don't think last night's atmosphere was reflected on the telly at all.

i am pretty sure that sound is down to the TV companies. 

i am pretty sure that sound is down to the TV companies. 

I suppose it is - but surely as the home club you can input into it.

I also think that the kop has poor acoustics as well and the sound does not transmit out of it well the low roof traps the sound especially at the back in the stand.

I suppose it is - but surely as the home club you can input into it.

I also think that the kop has poor acoustics as well and the sound does not transmit out of it well the low roof traps the sound especially at the back in the stand.

i don't know how much influence the club can have - we can probably say where their mics can go etc, but then ultimately it is down to the guys in the studio to turn up which mics he wants to hear most - i would think it is natural for them to give away fans a bit of volume so it sounds more balanced in the tv. 

You might be right about the kop, i sit in the kop and have had days where i think it has been alright - but then mates in the main stand say they can hardly hear a thing. 

i don't know how much influence the club can have - we can probably say where their mics can go etc, but then ultimately it is down to the guys in the studio to turn up which mics he wants to hear most - i would think it is natural for them to give away fans a bit of volume so it sounds more balanced in the tv. 

You might be right about the kop, i sit in the kop and have had days where i think it has been alright - but then mates in the main stand say they can hardly hear a thing. 

I only get my tickets through membership thing so end up in different parts of ground - been in kop and thought was good and mates elsewhere have said couldn't hear anything....

Have sat in Anny Rd end for example and Kop barely audible.