You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How can we help get back the Anfield atmosphere?

Mil-ing Around

The idea of having the Kop without season ticket holders is a stupid one. Time-served, loyal supporters who pay upfront for the season wouldn't be able to sit in the best part of the ground? What a load of bollocks.

Why is it the best part of the ground?

I think a big problem with the atmosphere is people having attended games for years now feel that their presence alone should inspire the players.

When you treat the Kop like any other stand then don't be surprised when it just becomes any other stand.

I agree regarding the atmosphere, but disagree that time-served season tickets holders expect their mere presence to inspire the players. I think they can't be arsed singing for the shit, grossly overpaid dicks who play for us/think most of the songs are rubbish/can't be fucked with the onemanship that is sections of our support trying to outdo one and other with obscure songs.

The Kop is the best stand because live football, in my opinion, is best viewed from behind the goal and the Anny Road is full of knobbish away fans.

• Upvote 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a big gripe at Anfield that groups of people want to sit together but can't do so under the current system?

I think Kop tickets should all be on general sale. You want a ST, go sit somewhere else. You have to make a fucking effort to get on the Kop, you have to plan it, you have to be excited about getting a seat on the Kop. And you can pay for a bunch of tickets sat together in one go, and so you can sit with your mates and make some noise together.

Personally I'd make The Kop all standing again, but all ticketed, so that there could never be any chance of over crowding.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a big gripe at Anfield that groups of people want to sit together but can't do so under the current system?

I think Kop tickets should all be on general sale. You want a ST, go sit somewhere else. You have to make a fucking effort to get on the Kop, you have to plan it, you have to be excited about getting a seat on the Kop. And you can pay for a bunch of tickets sat together in one go, and so you can sit with your mates and make some noise together.

If you had a season ticket in the Kop and waiting on the list for 15 years like I did then I think your view would be different.

• 1 month later...

the chelsea game, I believe, the stadium was almost full for the players warming up and the noise began then but the early goal helped to keep it going the entire game because collectively we have a lead to defend.

city was like that in 14 but chelsea 14 was what will happen tonight if we dont at least dominate them beyond the first 15 mins - pure frustration.

• Upvote 1

I don't think so, not unless we start biffing them rotten. If it's tight or they get ahead their lot will do that drone shit all game.

i am hoping this is one of those nights where the atmosphere gives us 10% more and them 10% less. remember this shower of cunts were playing are as big as shithouses as our own team. tonight should be where we are genuinely the 12th man. 

i am hoping this is one of those nights where the atmosphere gives us 10% more and them 10% less. remember this shower of cunts were playing are as big as shithouses as our own team. tonight should be where we are genuinely the 12th man. 

Hope it works, the club needs a big cup win, it's been years since one. Why I doubt a huge atmosphere is the relative lack of game importance, the lack of belief and pride in the team and the downward trajectory of the club in general. Their fans know they can spend a fortune every summer still, until they get back there.

Hope it works, the club needs a big cup win, it's been years since one. Why I doubt a huge atmosphere is the relative lack of game importance, the lack of belief and pride in the team and the downward trajectory of the club in general. Their fans know they can spend a fortune every summer still, until they get back there.

no reason there shouldnt be. its them, its europe, the fans are behind the manager.

the place will be rocking at the start of the game but then its over to the players to keep it going with good football, tackles and goals.

Hope it works, the club needs a big cup win, it's been years since one. Why I doubt a huge atmosphere is the relative lack of game importance, the lack of belief and pride in the team and the downward trajectory of the club in general. Their fans know they can spend a fortune every summer still, until they get back there.

What's the lack of game importance? This is our only route to a trophy or CL this season a besting these cunts is always good.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

When did we last play them at night instead of at 12:00?

On Wednesday, May 5 1999, Manchester United faced Liverpool and did what no side from Old Trafford would replicate for the next 17 years. They played a midweek evening fixture at Anfield.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/08/liverpool-premier-league-jurgen-klopp/