You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How can we help get back the Anfield atmosphere?

Mil-ing Around

Good post in full.

What we need to do is get rid of the day trippers and get in more local lads, lads who understand what it means to be Liverpool supporters.

Lads like these...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/whats-jurgen-klopp-two-liverpool-10748551

Gotta be a wind up.

Good post in full.

What we need to do is get rid of the day trippers and get in more local lads, lads who understand what it means to be Liverpool supporters.

Lads like these...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/whats-jurgen-klopp-two-liverpool-10748551

Typical Echo shit, this.

Churning clickbait is so much easier than journalism.

• Upvote 1

Worst utd game atmosphere ever

Half and half scarves

Twats taking pictures of utd players

Cunts having pics taken with manc players!

Half hearted booing of their players

Singing same 5 songs all game zzzzzzzzzzzzzx

It's all over I'm affraid

*need a simple war cry like the mancs Red Army chant yesterday.very impressive,like the old "miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilwaaaaaaaaaaaall" chant

I sit on kop by an old woman who seems bloody lovely but that's part of the problem.she doesn't say a word (even too her husband next to her) until her 2 mates come up to say hello to her and have a chinwag at half time.its the kop for fuck sake,go and sit in Main Stand or better still.....just watch it at home cos it's no help to players or atmosphere!

I actually feel like a stranger in the kop now as the lack of working class folk with passion and stress to relieve from a shitty job is frightening!

Think I'll jack it in after this season

I sit on kop by an old woman who seems bloody lovely but that's part of the problem.she doesn't say a word (even too her husband next to her) until her 2 mates come up to say hello to her and have a chinwag at half time.its the kop for fuck sake,go and sit in Main Stand or better still.....just watch it at home cos it's no help to players or atmosphere!

I actually feel like a stranger in the kop now as the lack of working class folk with passion and stress to relieve from a shitty job is frightening!

Think I'll jack it in after this season

the majority of people around me in the kop have been the same since it was sat. but we are all older and more cynical. there's a lad around me cunts off every single player from start to end. he's funny like, even if it does wear thin at times. but that's how people are coping with what's going on on the pitch, trying to make a joke of it. but it doesn't whip up much of an atmosphere and the sterile shite on the pitch bores people. it is soul destroying watching a team that can't score and will gift a team a goal. there are loads of reasons the atmosphere has gone, older demographic, less passionate fans, day trippers who care more about twitter than the result, but the little twats on the pitch take a large slice of responsibility too. since that chelsea game almost 2 years ago, we have been pathetic at home and it is killing everyone. klopp snapped against west ham a few weeks back - the first thing i thought is you've only been watching this crap for a couple of months, try it on for 2 years and maybe you'll understand why there's no passion in the stands. 

the majority of people around me in the kop have been the same since it was sat. but we are all older and more cynical. there's a lad around me cunts off every single player from start to end. he's funny like, even if it does wear thin at times. but that's how people are coping with what's going on on the pitch, trying to make a joke of it. but it doesn't whip up much of an atmosphere and the sterile shite on the pitch bores people. it is soul destroying watching a team that can't score and will gift a team a goal. there are loads of reasons the atmosphere has gone, older demographic, less passionate fans, day trippers who care more about twitter than the result, but the little twats on the pitch take a large slice of responsibility too. since that chelsea game almost 2 years ago, we have been pathetic at home and it is killing everyone. klopp snapped against west ham a few weeks back - the first thing i thought is you've only been watching this crap for a couple of months, try it on for 2 years and maybe you'll understand why there's no passion in the stands.

You'd think as time goes by Klopp will realise why the atmosphere is so shit.

To be fair to him he was putting the emphasis on the team to make sure that the fans don't feel that way. He needs to realise that the current players just aren't good enough. If he thinks they are then he's pissing in the wind, frankly.

You'd think as time goes by Klopp will realise why the atmosphere is so shit.

To be fair to him he was putting the emphasis on the team to make sure that the fans don't feel that way. He needs to realise that the current players just aren't good enough. If he thinks they are then he's pissing in the wind, frankly.

don't get me wrong, i am not digging out klopp here. i understand where he is. i just think at that time he was yet to realise quite how bad the shit was we've been watching. i have no doubt he's figured it now. 

The lack of songs for players is something I just find bewildering. I don't buy into the 'do they deserve to have songs?' or the 'it's because they're shite' arguments, because even shit players in the past have had songs. You go to Anfield these days and it's liking playing as Liverpool on FIFA, where the same 3-4 songs feature as background noise.

I've heard some decent ones the odd times I've been to an away this season in the pub beforehand or on the coach, including a good one for Joe Allen to the tune of 'Jamming' by Bob Marley, but then you get into the ground and there's fuck all. You're more likely to be in with your mates for aways as well, so I don't get the sudden clamming up. Is it because the whole support is that fractured that you don't want to look soft in front of the wools or the OOTers in case no-one picks up on it?

The issues with our support are that complex I think you could write an academic thesis. It's just a multitude of things with an age group that should be the lifeblood being priced out, too many who can't be arsed, the 'too cool for school' brigade, the prawn sandwich crew, and the day trippers.

The more you try your best to get to the bottom of it and rationalise it, the more you end up wrecking your head.

I know loads of lads who have been priced out, it's nothing to do with changing priorities, they just couldn't afford it any more. I also know lads who got their tickets through the development office for years and once they fucked that off, they were left without a channel to get tickets. Loads (all?) tickets now are sold in bulk twice a season, again they couldn't afford to do that. Economics plays a major part for a lot of people. I'm lucky it doesn't for me, but out of the loads of lads I went the match with as recently as 10 years ago, most no longer go.

I agree some people have been priced out but changing priorities does have a part to play whether you like it or not.

You say lads who got tickets via the development office stopped going when that avenue stopped. Where these subsidised tickets then or freebies for selling golden goal tickets?

You say they have no other avenue for tickets but every time this matter comes up on here, you get people saying you can lways get tickets 'if you know where to go.'

If people are in low paid jobs or are unemployed, they arent going to afford a ticket at 20 odd quid no more than if the ticket was 40 odd.

I dont see how getting the priced out fans into the ground is going to improve the amtos. the idea that these people hold the key to a great atmos in the stadium is a bit off the mark.

I agree some people have been priced out but changing priorities does have a part to play whether you like it or not.

You say lads who got tickets via the development office stopped going when that avenue stopped. Where these subsidised tickets then or freebies for selling golden goal tickets?

You say they have no other avenue for tickets but every time this matter comes up on here, you get people saying you can lways get tickets 'if you know where to go.'

If people are in low paid jobs or are unemployed, they arent going to afford a ticket at 20 odd quid no more than if the ticket was 40 odd.

I dont see how getting the priced out fans into the ground is going to improve the amtos. the idea that these people hold the key to a great atmos in the stadium is a bit off the mark.

The difference between 20 odd quid and 40 odd quid is massive,even in work I'd say.

Its also the difference between Bundesliga prices and PL prices.

they weren't subsidised tickets no, they paid for them (although they got commission for selling tickets etc). but they got tickets every game. some of these lads are in low paid jobs - if you don't see the difference between 20 quid and 40 quid 25 times a year to people on low pay, then i assume you have never been. these are lads (certainly my mates) who are passionate about the team and would sing in every game. then they get replaced by someone from thomas cook (where the tickets went i believe), who predominantly spend the game taking pictures for facebook. it is a world of difference. it is not the only part of the problem, but it is a big part. as i mentioned in a previous post, it is lots of problems, but pricing out lads who've been going for 20 years plays a part. 

Pains me to say that the Bloos are pissing on us in the player song stakes at the minute.

Who are we supposed to sing about

He twists,

He turns

He twist and turns

And turns

And twists

Its Adam Lallana

Its Bene,oh Bene

He stands on the penalty spot

And doesnt run around

Or some other shit about shit shooting and being shithouses

As a great man once sang

Good keepers we had, oh, good keepers we have lost

Along the way, yeah!

In this great future, you can't forget your past;

So dry your tears, I seh. Yeah!

Oh, Mig, no Save;

Oh, Mig, no Save. Eh, yeah!

A little darlin', don't shed no tears:

Oh, Mig, no Save.

Who are we supposed to sing about

He twists,

He turns

He twist and turns

And turns

And twists

Its Adam Lallana

Its Bene,oh Bene

He stands on the penalty spot

And doesnt run around

Or some other shit about shit shooting and being shithouses

Considering the popularity of the Balotelli song last season I assume the fans can make up and sing a song for anyone regardless of effort or talent.  

• Upvote 1

they weren't subsidised tickets no, they paid for them (although they got commission for selling tickets etc). but they got tickets every game. some of these lads are in low paid jobs - if you don't see the difference between 20 quid and 40 quid 25 times a year to people on low pay, then i assume you have never been. these are lads (certainly my mates) who are passionate about the team and would sing in every game. then they get replaced by someone from thomas cook (where the tickets went i believe), who predominantly spend the game taking pictures for facebook. it is a world of difference. it is not the only part of the problem, but it is a big part. as i mentioned in a previous post, it is lots of problems, but pricing out lads who've been going for 20 years plays a part. 

You're missing my point.

If people are on minimum wage or even the 'living wage,' they wont be able to afford 20 odd quid for a ticket. In other words, 20 odd quid is as much out of reach as a 40 odd quid ticket.

As Ive said before, there's upwards of 28000 STH in the ground every home game. Even if the 8000 match day tickets all went to singing fans (which they wont all sing), its not going to make much of a difference.

And if the club made a lot of cheap tickets available, how do you make sure these tickets get to fans who'll make a difference to the atmosphere?

People pay their money, they can do as they like.

I used to sing when I was a match-goer, but I doubt I would sing for the cunts who pay for us nowadays. The more modern songs are mostly shit and now that I'm in my late 30's, I'd feel a twat singing about football supporters kicking fuck out of other football supporters.

There's various reasons why the atmosphere is rubbish. We're relatively shit. Prices. We have very few, if any, star players. Older Kop Season Ticket holders, who pre-all seater stadiums, would've relocated to the Main Stand now stay on The Kop. There's noticeably less kids in their teens/early 20's and a generation of Scousers haven't grown up going to games. One-upmanship - some people aren't interest in a united Kop, as they'd rather try and outdo one another with the more obscure songs. People can't sit with their mates.

• Upvote 5

You're missing my point.

If people are on minimum wage or even the 'living wage,' they wont be able to afford 20 odd quid for a ticket. In other words, 20 odd quid is as much out of reach as a 40 odd quid ticket.

As Ive said before, there's upwards of 28000 STH in the ground every home game. Even if the 8000 match day tickets all went to singing fans (which they wont all sing), its not going to make much of a difference.

And if the club made a lot of cheap tickets available, how do you make sure these tickets get to fans who'll make a difference to the atmosphere?

Only way is making pay at the gate available.

2 lads from the middle east paid £600 for 2 tickets on Sunday in the Kop off a tout. They'd never been before. I had a chat with them as they were desperate for tickets, seemed like good lads, said they were on holiday in London and thought they'd come up and see if they could get tickets. They didn't support either team but wanted to attend a "big" game in the EPL.