You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How can we help get back the Anfield atmosphere?

Mil-ing Around

Lower ticket prices, fuck off the online sales, free tickets to local schools, cheap beer, make the kop standing room only, first come first serve on general admissions, priority seating for groups of lads etc. Flash messages on the advertising boards encouraging people to fucking make some noise. Find a way to fuck off the aul whinging cunts.

In one.

Cheaper tickets is the key.

It's a reflection on a lot of different things. Off the top of my head I can think of the following:

1. Having the highest average ticket price in the most expensive league meaning more tourists / infrequent match goers and less regulars.

2. Being the only club in the league that requires under 16s to attend with adults rather than their mates meaning we actively discourage younger fans from attending in groups.

3. Having a large section of fans who don't associate with the roots of the club. This isn't an in or out of the city point but I know a lot of LFC fans who love to say how we have the 'best support anywhere ever' but come to experience it rather than be a part of it. The constant selfi sticks and photos of the pitch are testament to this.

4. Being a club that has had a glorious past it makes it harder to accept that we are now fairly ordinary. That means that anything other than brilliance is met with apathy and it's hard to imagine a time when we'll be top dogs again.

There are things that can be done to improve things but unless we end up with a good team and a club focusing on making things affordable for fans it will never be consistently great. It's just a sad fact as far as I can see.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Even more reason to have the Kop as general admission.

I agree.

What may help is if a site is created - i don't know maybe "wheres our famous atmosphere.co.uk" or something......where people can post ideas and people take responsibilty for communicating ideas, spreading the word, making things happen etc. (Self deprecating title)

I realise that there has been things and sites like reclaim the kop for example and they die out....one of the issues with that was rightly or wrongly it was perceived by a lot of our support as superfans and anti 'wools'/ daytrippers ad even OOT's....

Any new site needs to be represented by all the main groups as a collaboration - so SOS, Spion Kop 1906, here, TIA, even RAWK etc. etc. Supporters clubs etc. are all involved/have a voice.....

That voice then speaks with the match going fans and the club to put the heart back into this clubs support to push for price changes/help create initiatives and drive change - not a fight amongst ourselves, or an attempt to blame sections of our support, or force them out or prioritise anybody over anybody else - just us all pulling together as the 12th man for the club we all love...

• Upvote 1

That general sale Kop idea is a belter. I really like that one.

I went to a St. Pauli game the other year with some mates and we got up the ground early to pick up our tickets from the ticket office. What amazed me on getting there was how packed it was around the ground. There were loads of stalls selling ale that was reasonably priced, so you had their fans getting the songs going and building the atmosphere. The stalls even stayed open after the game to carry so you could carry on having a bevvy. What I loved about it all was it felt as if going th match was the thing which your day revolved around, rather than something you nip to 10 mins before ko and then slink off from before the final whistle to beat the rush. It was an inclusive experience.

I reckon even a little thing like that would be a step in the right direction.

• Upvote 3

Couple of simple ideas

Pick players who will give their all for the jersey and who care about what the club means

Don't pick players who lack heart or bottle and who give up when things don't seem to be going well and don't pick players who are professionally incompetent

Its hard to get excited when Joe Allen is on the pitch for example

Joe Allen was class against Kazan and now you're giving him shit in a game where he didn't play?

Just, why? What's the point? The fuck?

Theres a few of these type of threads that kick around most forums its a nice idea but just a waste of time.

Take the seats out the Kop, fuck off the online and phone ticket sales and you'd be half way there.

Reduce the ticket prices and have the team challanging for trophies and the place will be rocking every week, as I said waste of time...

• Upvote 1

Just remove season tickets full stop. First come first served on all tickets. It'd remove any sense of entitlement and it'll make being at the ground more meaningful.

I'd go with that actually, but just for the Kop (or at least a section of it).

When the Kop was standing you'd be there hours before kick off and the atmosphere would build. If it were entrance only fees (so scrap tickets for the Kop) + sit anywhere you'd reclaim some of that. Friends would sit together and anyone would have a chance of getting in.

It's a middle-class problem. When you become aspirational, you're not supposed to behave in a certain way. Get the working-class and manual labourers back in, those who don't mind losing their voice shouting the game because they don't have to give a presentation on Monday. Those who don't care about their corporate image in case they're photographed.

In short, I agree with Boss. Make tickets dirt cheap and open them all to general sale. Fuck season tickets off.  It'll never happen though and the atmosphere will get worse and worse. It's like playing with a man down instead of an extra man. 

You can laugh or scoff at this all you want but, lots of clubs in Europe have one or two guys with a megaphone and act a bit like an orchestra conductor whipping the crowd up to sing. Some grounds even have a raised platform for him to stand on and direct the crowd singing!

Compared to grounds in Germany and Italy, our grounds including Anfield are like morgues. 'Youth' isnt the answer because when i stood on the Kop, it was blokes in their 30's who did most of the singing.

But it needs someone to take the lead and get the crowd going.

• Upvote 1

Remove seat numbering in none 'prawn sandwich' sections would help because we would A) get in ground earlier to get a good spec B) be able to sit with your mates and not feel like a weirdo giving it full pelt next to strangers who don't make a sound C) the singers would congregate like old kop D) Shut the fucking gates until clock strikes 90 minutes

Tbh tho,it was also shite in 80's apart from big games.

Most important thing though,get a team that excites and challengers for League Title because sitting their week in week out thinking ......win and we get top four.....is fucking soul destroying really