You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) 08/11/15

Megadrive Man

Sounds like we played reasonably ok, but we are lacking reliable goal scorers.

About sums it up.  Our midfield was quite poor (Can in particular) but apart from that we actually played OK.  Just undone by 2 mistakes and a striker that just couldn't seem to do anything that little bit special to score, despite being given the ball in the box about 10 times.

Probably Ibe for LFC man of the match, he looks a completely different player under Klopp.

Meh, any side with Lovren, Lallana, Lucas and Benteke in key areas won't amount to anything.  Roll on the transfer windows.

Positive signs from the football so far but Klopp can't polish a turd

That's about the size of it, although that list is by no means exhaustive. Wake me up in a couple of windows, as has been said Harry Potter couldn't do fuck all with the shite Klopps' been left.

Sounds like we played reasonably ok, but we are lacking reliable goal scorers.

I don't think it was quite as good as "reasonably ok".

Our decision making was awful throughout. Set pieces generally, remarkably, finding a new low. Benteke offered very little. Lallana and Coutinho flitting in and out of the game. 

Just "urgh".

At the risk of sounding fickle, benteke's misses really cost us.

The issue with Benteke is that if we play to his strengths then we negate the other attacking players in the team.  The other way round and he is okay but not brilliant. 

Shame Rodgers didnt think of this before spunking 32 million on him.

• Upvote 2

No improvement in the second half. As much as Can struggled, I'm not sure it was the right thing to do to take him off. I thought we played worse after as we completely lost the midfield.

Lallana again being useless up front, didn't even bother to go for a point blank header five yards out after 80 mins from a perfect cross by Ibe. Running around a lot without any end product doesn't cut it if you want to play for Liverpool.

Benteke was poor too, that last header really should have been on target. He lost a lot against their CBs today.

All in all, nothing much to take from this game.

Klopp fails in his attempt to get the best Liverpool start of any manager post war. A dose of realism..

Even if the turd could be polished, its still a turd.

Benteke out. only slightly better than Ballottelli, and out of place in this team.

What we need is break-through stem cell research to completely overhaul Sturridge's fitness.

Down to earth with a bump! How the fuck do this shower consistantly roll us over (mental block?) We pretty much let them dictate from the first whistle. Hopefully the day is not completely wasted and Herr Klopp is taking notes. Some of the lacksidasical bollix from Can and Mignolet today was fucking pub standard. They weren't the only ones....but they were by far the worst (or the most pissed).

Losing to a side like Palace, contrasting what they do well with what we do poorly, I mean, is instructive.

They risk nothing - did Dann or Delaney go anywhere near midfield in open play; they defend like hell, throw the ball out to pace on the flanks, defend corners well and take their own as goal scoring opportunities. We're shit at them.

They shoot well - even Puncheon forced a save. We're terrible. They make crosses to places that their players attack. We have Lallana and Moreno, who just throw the ball in the mix.

Simple fundamental stuff, throw in a bit of luck and they took it.

• Upvote 2

Skrtel and Lovren need binning IMO. I haven't seen much said about the latter today but I thought he was awful again when he came on, slipping and sliding all over the place. I thought the hate for him was a bit extreme and thought he might get going under a different manager but Klopp doesn't seem to have too much faith in him and I would imagine his days are numbered. If we can get someone like Hummels to come in to partner Sakho, who's really progressed and never seems to make the defensive errors he used to be prone to, that would vastly improve the defense I think.

Moreno and Skrtel are both good at certain things but both have a habit of losing their heads in high-pressure situations and doing something completely daft. Moreno is young enough that it can be maybe coached out of him but Skrtel is too old at this stage IMO.

Losing to a side like Palace, contrasting what they do well with what we do poorly, I mean, is instructive.

They risk nothing - did Dann or Delaney go anywhere near midfield in open play; they defend like hell, throw the ball out to pace on the flanks, defend corners well and take their own as goal scoring opportunities. We're shit at them.

They shoot well - even Puncheon forced a save. We're terrible. They make crosses to places that their players attack. We have Lallana and Moreno, who just throw the ball in the mix.

Simple fundamental stuff, throw in a bit of luck and they took it.

To me the point is here that Palace know their limitations and play to their strengths. They are never going to take decent sides apart playing quick incisive football. We believe we are still good enough to play that way and roll over the opposition . This collection of players are nowhere near that level.

• Upvote 1

To me the point is here that Palace know their limitations and play to their strengths. They are never going to take decent sides apart playing quick incisive football. We believe we are still good enough to play that way and roll over the opposition . This collection of players are nowhere near that level.

There isnt a pressure for them to win against us. Makes it a lot easier to rely on mistakes

• Upvote 1

I reckon Klopp sees that, that's why we are trying to cross the ball into the box. The problem is he inherited players who are not only shit at it but who are the products of a training regime that neglected it for years - Sherwood was right, btw.

We're not good enough to break well drilled, disciplined sides down - as proven the past 2 seasons and some. Klopp can see that but what are the options? I thought he stayed with Lallana way too long, and Lucas to a lesser extent., but until he gets his own players in he'll struggle to teach spoiled dogs new tricks.

• Upvote 1