You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) 08/11/15

Megadrive Man

I reckon Klopp sees that, that's why we are trying to cross the ball into the box. The problem is he inherited players who are not only shit at it but who are the products of a training regime that neglected it for years - Sherwood was right, btw.

We're not good enough to break well drilled, disciplined sides down - as proven the past 2 seasons and some. Klopp can see that but what are the options? I thought he stayed with Lallana way too long, and Lucas to a lesser extent., but until he gets his own players in he'll struggle to teach spoiled dogs new tricks.

well said i think thats  bang on the money  

Klopp is wringing what he can out of the materials at his disposal.

Same team with Rodgers in charge today would have let 5 in

Can shouldn't be allowed within 50 yards of our box.

He needs to be played as an offensive mid or not at all.

He simply has no concept of basic defending and is proving to be an utter liability as a defender.

Lallana was excellent today i thought. Beginning to show what he can do at last.

Benteke frustrates the hell out of me.

We're heading in the right direction, and after a long euro trip, i thought we handled the physicality of Palace pretty well.

I'm not that surprised at the result.

Today's opponents are a very well led, and very organised unit.

Klopp is wringing what he can out of the materials at his disposal.

Same team with Rodgers in charge today would have let 5 in

Can shouldn't be allowed within 50 yards of our box.

He needs to be played as an offensive mid or not at all.

He simply has no concept of basic defending and is proving to be an utter liability as a defender.

Lallana was excellent today i thought. Beginning to show what he can do at last.

Benteke frustrates the hell out of me.

We're heading in the right direction, and after a long euro trip, i thought we handled the physicality of Palace pretty well.

I'm not that surprised at the result.

Today's opponents are a very well led, and very organised unit.

Agree with most of that. Also thought Lallana was excellent, but he's still like a kid playing among adults and we need better in such a crucial position. 

• Upvote 2

There isnt a pressure for them to win against us. Makes it a lot easier to rely on mistakes

That's also true.  They are not expected to win at Anfield

I reckon Klopp sees that, that's why we are trying to cross the ball into the box. The problem is he inherited players who are not only shit at it but who are the products of a training regime that neglected it for years - Sherwood was right, btw.

We're not good enough to break well drilled, disciplined sides down - as proven the past 2 seasons and some. Klopp can see that but what are the options? I thought he stayed with Lallana way too long, and Lucas to a lesser extent., but until he gets his own players in he'll struggle to teach spoiled dogs new tricks.

I'm done with Lallana , I kept expecting him to step up and start really delivering but its not going to happen even with Klopp there,  There are gaping deficiencies right throughout the side, From Mig to Sturridge upgrades needed all over the place

Sakho was a huge loss, just as much on offence. How many times does he carry the ball to or past midfield and make the first pass in an attacking move? Constantly.

There was no way Klopp would let Lovren near midfield so we were left with essentially no link up play between the (physical) midfield and the attack. Neither Can nor Lucas could play anybody on.

Praying he's ok.

Moreno has some good attributes but he is the least brave player i have ever seen. Don't see how that can work in a defender. At one point today in an inoccuous situation he covered his head with his hands in case he got hurt. Just not good enough.

Can stunk the place out and Mignolet was terrible for their second.

I don't even think we played that badly but got punished for terrible defensive play.

• Upvote 1

It's almost like we miss Henderson?

I don't think Henderson is the answer, but if I'm wrong, I'll try not to get too down about it.  

At least he should come back into a team that will be better drilled than the one we had when he last played.  It's a great opportunity for him.  

• Upvote 2

Moreno has some good attributes but he is the least brave player i have ever seen. Don't see how that can work in a defender. At one point today in an inoccuous situation he covered his head with his hands in case he got hurt. Just not good enough.

Can stunk the place out and Mignolet was terrible for their second.

I don't even think we played that badly but got punished for terrible defensive play.

Firminho shits out too.

Just because we lost one game we were easily outplaying the opposition in doesn't mean all our players are now suddenly shit or need to be character assassinated one by one on here.

Some of the things being said are laughable, Benteke is as bad as Mario... after one bad game, Emre Can should never play again....he's 21 years old. Firmino is a flop...he's been here two minutes. Fucking hell have some faith, Klopp will sort us out.

• Upvote 17

I don't think Henderson is the answer, but if I'm wrong, I'll try not to get too down about it.

At least he should come back into a team that will be better drilled than the one we had when he last played. It's a great opportunity for him.

Henderson back in the team with a proper striker in January is the short term answer.

Until then we'll get the occasional good away result but frequent slips like today.

To me anyway we just looked very slow and sloppy. Thursday's trip to the middle of nowhere and back surely must have played a part. 

I just don't think you can play a full strength team in those away games to the back ass of nowhere.

History has shown it just rarely works out well. Teams always suffer on the following Sunday. We're just another example.

• Upvote 1

I don't mind when we lose playing like we did today...its when we lose like we did against West Ham that it becomes depressing . In 12 months time you won't recognise the team that Klopp will be putting out or the way they play.

I know he won't make or use it it as an excuse but we've played a lot of games lately plus the game and travel from the other night takes its toll in the end....and yet we still should have beaten a side who've had all week to prepare for this game......We've come on massively in the few weeks he's been here.

• Upvote 3

Can is not good enough to wear the shirt- in the same category as Ilori, Alberto, Origi, and Markovic as the TC signing Europe's best potential but them not fulfilling it - see Chelsea's 27 loan players.

Lallana is powder puff as well and at nearly 28, is not going to develop into a top player who can spot and play an incisive ball or finish a move - his shooting is pitiful.

The left back still needs sorting, we need a dominant centre back, a top keeper, and a defensive midfielder who can make the play and break it up without giving away needless free kicks.

In a Harry Bassett sort of way - " breaking his leg will test the boy's  character" - today could be the reality check Jurgen needed to demonstrate the mediocrity of our  squad.

• Upvote 3

I see the usual moaning fuckers are out on here, just like too many in Anfield.

You could see Klopp's amazement at people walking out after the 2nd goal and still 8 minutes to play. Want to beat the rush so you can get a seat on the bus \ train \ dont get caught in traffic? Call yourselves fans? Fuck off.

Anyway, its disappointing that some professional footballers can keep the fucking ball near the ground when shooting at goal. Moreno, got in some great positions then loses his head  with his cross nearly every fucking time.

Lucas, another storming game today and deservedly captain. Shame about the result but onwards and upwards.

• Upvote 2

I see the usual moaning fuckers are out on here, just like too many in Anfield.

You could see Klopp's amazement at people walking out after the 2nd goal and still 8 minutes to play. Want to beat the rush so you can get a seat on the bus \ train \ dont get caught in traffic? Call yourselves fans? Fuck off.

Anyway, its disappointing that some professional footballers can keep the fucking ball near the ground when shooting at goal. Moreno, got in some great positions then loses his head  with his cross nearly every fucking time.

Lucas, another storming game today and deservedly captain. Shame about the result but onwards and upwards.

well said jimmy, moaning gits... where were they last week???? to be fair, i thourght palace played really well and deserved to win... no complaints .. stiil early days and patience is a virtue... or should i say.... was a virtue.. sums up modern day footy.. people want/need success right away... life is not like that... ynwa... lfc till the day i die... 

• Upvote 1

I just don't think you can play a full strength team in those away games to the back ass of nowhere.

History has shown it just rarely works out well. Teams always suffer on the following Sunday. We're just another example.

We can win the EL- and qualify for the CL. Why give up on it? It is an easier ask than a top four finish.

We managed to win leagues and European trophies under previous managers. This idea that we surrender European status to "battle" for fifth or sixth is just Sky Generation nonsense.

• Upvote 10