You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard to return?

Nelly-Szoboszlai

If Klopp wants him back, dont have a problem with it. Its not Gerrard forcing this so I dont get what some are going ape over it. Unless some people are questioning Klopp's judgement.

No-one's going ape. Some just don't think Gerrard has much to contribute with in a coaching capacity.

Carragher on tv this morning saying he shouldn't come back as a player. You can be sure he's talked to Stevie about it also and so that's what Gerrard will think too I'd expect.

I think the young fellas could get some invaluable experience from training beside Gerrard and just seeing how he carries himself. But that's enough. His playing days are done at this level.

I like this topic, it basically goes:

We win: Nah past his best. Don't want him. Rubbish etc...

We draw:hmmmm... Wonder how'd Gerrard play under Klopp. Would be good as a coach to teach kids.

We lose: Stevie come back, I was only joking when I said I don't rate you anymore. here, I will draw a a vagina around my mouth and you can Facefuck me like a Pro, but please come back.

Personally, I trust Klopp to decide about everything on everything.

ok I will sucrifice for the team.

I have started drawing a vagina around my mouth and thought of sticking a piece of velvet on my chin so his bollocks are banging against a piece of luxury. Stevie always appreciated a touch of luxury. legend.

• 2 weeks later...

That rag has released footage of Gerrard "throwing a punch" in 2013. He's already been cleared of wrong doing in the incident. Link below to a third party reporting on it as wont give them the hit.

http://www.90min.com/posts/2739225-cctv-footage-appears-to-show-steven-gerrard-throw-punch-during-street-argument?a_aid=35507

• Upvote 1

That rag has released footage of Gerrard "throwing a punch" in 2013. He's already been cleared of wrong doing in the incident. Link below to a third party reporting on it as wont give them the hit.

http://www.90min.com/posts/2739225-cctv-footage-appears-to-show-steven-gerrard-throw-punch-during-street-argument?a_aid=35507

They must have been sitting on that CCTV footage waiting for him to come back from LA.. Stupid cunts...

That rag has released footage of Gerrard "throwing a punch" in 2013. He's already been cleared of wrong doing in the incident. Link below to a third party reporting on it as wont give them the hit. http://www.90min.com/posts/2739225-cctv-footage-appears-to-show-steven-gerrard-throw-punch-during-street-argument?a_aid=35507

He could have thrown the punch at Chamberlain, which concussed him in Munich, and I still wouldn't be arsed.

Gerrard, Carra and Rush to line up for LFC Legends in Sydney

James Carroll 

Gerard Houllier will lead the official Liverpool FC Legends side including Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Ian Rush into action at the Sydney ANZ on January 7 for a clash with the Australian Legends.

The Reds have confirmed that Gerrard, Carragher and Rush will be joined by Dietmar Hamann and John Arne Riise, with the full squad set to be announced over the coming weeks.

The match marks the high-profile debut of the Australian Legends side, which will feature Brett Emerton, Tony Popovic and Mark Bosnich.

Houllier said: “It will be a very proud moment to step back into the dugout to manage the Liverpool Legends team. I’m very much looking forward to working with some of the best players in the club’s history, some for the first time and some not.

“But getting back out in front of the LFC fans will be the most special – wherever you are in the world their support is incredible and will make this game a really special experience.”

Gerrard added: “It will be great to play with the official Liverpool FC Legends. The squad looks like it’s a great set of lads, it’ll be good to get on the pitch with them. Our fans are the best and to play in front of them again will be emotional, I’m sure.”

Tickets for the game, which is being brought to fans by Destination New South Wales, will be available on general sale on Friday November 27 at 11am AEDT via TicketTek.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/198574-gerrard-carra-and-rush-to-line-up-for-lfc-legends-in-sydney

I feel for Stevie here. It's hard to know what's gone on as there's no real context, but this footage is released a couple of years after the event when he comes home for a break. That alone is suspicious to me and looks like someone, or more, is attempting to profit from this.

On a footballing note, I feel a bit for Stevie too. I'm happy for him that he's enjoying the sunshine in LA, but on the pitch out there it hasn't gone all that well. His quality is on a higher level but he's not really showing it as he is getting overrun a bit. It's like watching hyenas harass an old lion, when back in the day they wouldn't have dared.

As for Stevie and LFC, it's a shame that the timing with Klopp didn't overlap. As Stevie's playing career winds down it would appear we are at the start of a bold new chapter as a club.

I've been thinking about how when Michael Owen left we went on to win the Champions League in unlikely circumstances. I know the circumstances are completely different, as Stevie stayed here through thick and thin - Chelsea near move notwithstanding - but I can't help but think of the irony if we somehow manage to win the league under Klopp in Stevie's first season as an ex LFC player. It's a long shot I know, but something I can't quite shake off.

I feel for Stevie here. It's hard to know what's gone on as there's no real context, but this footage is released a couple of years after the event when he comes home for a break. That alone is suspicious to me and looks like someone, or more, is attempting to profit from this.

On a footballing note, I feel a bit for Stevie too. I'm happy for him that he's enjoying the sunshine in LA, but on the pitch out there it hasn't gone all that well. His quality is on a higher level but he's not really showing it as he is getting overrun a bit. It's like watching hyenas harass an old lion, when back in the day they wouldn't have dared.

As for Stevie and LFC, it's a shame that the timing with Klopp didn't overlap. As Stevie's playing career winds down it would appear we are at the start of a bold new chapter as a club.

I've been thinking about how when Michael Owen left we went on to win the Champions League in unlikely circumstances. I know the circumstances are completely different, as Stevie stayed here through thick and thin - Chelsea near move notwithstanding - but I can't help but think of the irony if we somehow manage to win the league under Klopp in Stevie's first season as an ex LFC player. It's a long shot I know, but something I can't quite shake off.

I'm not losing sleep over winning the league this season !!

Steve had his chance and without going over it all again I blame Rodgers for the way we lost to Chelsea when all we needed was a point . I don't think he would have fared well under Klopp had he stayed for the reason you highlighted ; no pace anymore.

This video pisses me off.  It was all handbags , no one got hurt and I don't believe its only just come to light.  Someone must have had it or known about it at the time